Need Help. Looking to get Implant. Recovery?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Nycflugel

Need Help. Looking to get Implant. Recovery?

Postby Nycflugel » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:37 am

Hi

Looking to get implant in January with Dr Eid. What is recovery like. I have seen posts and pictures of people’s privates. Def looks like it hurts and or extreme pain?

Does everyone nut sack become enlarged?

What kind of medication are you taking? Antibiotic and or pain meds?

How long till the pain goes away and you look like yourself down below?

Thanks

Gt1956

Re: Need Help. Looking to get Implant. Recovery?

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:45 am

Lots of guys have created journals about their experience. Just start reading archived posts.

In my case I've talked freely about the subjects that you've asked about. Click on my name. You'll get a page that has my posting history. Jump back to early May of 2023 & start reading forward. Its ALL there. Good & bad, I tried to be honest & complete in my descriptions. Perhaps long winded but its all there. Many others have been just as open. Research them the same way.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

oldog12

Postby oldog12 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:53 am

Seems like everyone's recovery is unique to them. Mine was comfortable with Ibuprofen. I guess I was lucky--sailed through it -- follow the surgeon's instructions!. Best thing I've done in my latter life--would do again without hesitation. Best wishes for you.
Age 70; Radical prostatectomy 11/2018; Married 46+ yrs.
AMS 700 CX Jan. 6, 2022 with Dr. Shawn Blick/Phoenix

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:23 am

Everyone is different. Some guys have little or no pain, other guys feel like they been beaten with a baseball bat. I was one that felt like the bat smacked me a million times. My pain was horrible for the first week, drugs did nothing to help until doc gave me Percocet. Swelling was pretty bad, but probably partly my fault for removing the drain bag too soon. Week 3 I was able to take a short trip and go shopping. Still sore to uncomfortable until maybe the 4th or 5th month. By month 6 all was good.
The cylinders get washed in an antibiotic solution before installation, so no pills after. However, if you have issues with any antibiotics let the doc know.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:21 am

Agree with the above. Start binge-reading the many journals posted here on the forum. Many were written by men who are no longer active, so rather than just depending on those of us still around, you’ll get a much broader perspective.

Happy reading and best wishes!

Btw. My doctor used a nerve block that kept me virtually pain free for the first 3-4 days. After that it was mostly just ibuprofen and lots of ice. Hardly any swelling at all in the scrotum.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:10 pm

Nycflugel wrote:Hi

Looking to get implant in January with Dr Eid. What is recovery like. I have seen posts and pictures of people’s privates. Def looks like it hurts and or extreme pain?

Does everyone nut sack become enlarged?

What kind of medication are you taking? Antibiotic and or pain meds?

How long till the pain goes away and you look like yourself down below?

Thanks

The pain, for me, seemed minimal.

Yes, I think most guys experience swelling. The doctor is inserting an implant. It's natural for the body to swell in response.

I took antibiotics, and I had a prescription filled for Oxy. But I only took Tylenol for the pain.

I experienced pain for months afterwards. But that was mostly minor aches and twinges of pain.

I don't recall exactly how long it took for all the swelling and bruising to disappear and the incision to help fully, but it wasn't too long.

Overall, the pre and post operation unpleasantness was absolutely worth the outcome.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

Return to “Implants”