Experiences with ventral phalloplasty (=removal of excess scrotal skin) during prosthesis implantation or stand alone?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Luther

Re: Experiences with ventral phalloplasty (=removal of excess scrotal skin) during prosthesis implantation or stand alon

Postby Luther » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:13 pm

iwantanewone wrote:Hi Luther… I had scrotal webbing surgery along with my implant…there is no visible scar now. A few items of note… The surgery, unfortunately does cause more pain… more than the implant… But while you’re recovering, you may as well have a better look… It’s like having your balls lifted… I think it is a nice cosmetic appearance that enhances the size of your penis as well without all of that skin.

One added benefit is that if you’re in a public place that has old low toilets.. when you sit on the toilet your balls won’t land in dirty, nasty, toilet water, if they were hanging low before…but it is true….

Thanks for the info. It indeed seems quiet logical combining implant surgery and ventral phalloplasty. I did not consider this before my surgery and do not know if my surgeon performs ventral phalloplasty. Had I thought about it before surgery I would have discusssed it with the doctor.

My balls do not hang lower than usual but my scrotum starts half way the shaft of my penis creating a "turkey neck". Luckily my balls thus don't end up in the toilet, but my penis often does.... :(

iwantanewone wrote:I may have missed read your posting… Did you have surgery already? If you had surgery, I don’t think anyone would want you to go back in for a webbing procedure …

Valuable addition. I understand ventral phalloplasty may convey a greater risk after implant surgery. I had surgery 10 days ago.
26cm Titan (no RTE), Dr. van Renterghem (Belgium), October 2023.

Luther

Re: Experiences with ventral phalloplasty (=removal of excess scrotal skin) during prosthesis implantation or stand alon

Postby Luther » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:00 pm

This is an interesting study. Ventral phalloplasty was performed on patients dissatisfied with their penile lenght after implant surgery. Satisfaction significantly increased.

As dissatisfaction with penile length after implant surgery is common, the authors suggest making ventral phalloplasty part of implant surgery as it is "a safe, technically simple and none time consuming procedure" (12 min. extra time) to increase patients' satisfaction with penile length post surgery.
Attachments
Ventralphalloplasty.pdf
(334.04 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

Journeyman

Postby Journeyman » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:06 pm

I had scrotal webbing removed ( during my implant surgery) and I couldn't be happier with the results. Before surgery I had a left testicle hanging down to my knee ( exaggerated for effect ) and my sac went halfway up my shaft. Imagine a flying squirrel, that was my scrotal webbing situation. Cosmetic disaster. After surgery I could probably apply for penis modeling ( again exaggerated for a possible laugh )
54 - Coloplast Titan 22cm , Implanted by Dr. Clavell in April 2023

Luther

Postby Luther » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:12 am

Thanks for sharing. I am a bit surprised ventral phalloplasty is not more popular than it is. Men worldwide annually spend millions to the increase the size of their penis (either length or girth, or both) with products bought on the internet or with plastic surgery. These methods in most cases are not evidence based, can even be harmful, and when they produce results, they are often short-lived.

In the study cited before the mean lenght from scrotum (i.e. the "penoscrotal junction") to glans increased from 7 to 12 cm. Such a a big difference will certainly have an impact on appearance.

JohnHC

Postby JohnHC » Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:32 pm

My Dr may have done the scrotalplasty at the time of my implant surgery ( first one not the revision ). I'm saying this because my penoscrotal incision was horizontal ( think hip to hip ) and not vertical ( glans to balls ) in direction and my scrotum skin webbing used to go up past the incision site and now it appears to not even reach the incision site.

It was never discussed with me, and I'm not sure if it's even listed on my paperwork, but I do know my scrotum sack or webbing doesn't go as far up my shaft as it did before the surgery. I just know the incision made was not like a penoscrotal surgery ( at least according to any videos I watched or reports I read which all referenced a vertical incision ) and I'm thinking that's why my incision was horizontal in nature - to remove the excess skin/webbing from my scrotum.

I'm not mad, shocked, angry whatever, it does look longer and it works extremely well which is all I really cared about.
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

Luther

Postby Luther » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:42 am

Thanks for the addition. My penoscrotal incision is horizontal ("transverse") as well, so the direction of the incision may depend on the surgeon. In my case no scrotoplasty was performed, i.e. no scrotal skin was removed.

Luther

Postby Luther » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:51 pm

I had ventral phalloplasty three days ago.

See: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23037&p=229566#p229566

Journeyman

Postby Journeyman » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:21 pm

I had it done....no cons , all pros ! Tightened up my nutsack and brought my boy's back together. 2 thumbs up
54 - Coloplast Titan 22cm , Implanted by Dr. Clavell in April 2023

Luther

Postby Luther » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:42 am

Hi JM, Thanks for sharing. Did you have the VP during implant surgery or separately? If the latter was the case, how long was your recovery time, specifically when were you able to resume sexual activity? My doctor indicated that I should be able to have sex again two weeks after the VP, but I am afraid that the stitches will open so soon after the procedure.

pjt1958

Postby pjt1958 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:44 pm

I think I have this issue. Is it possible for a surgeon to assess this through a video-call? The surgeon I saw in person recently made no comment regarding this. I have upcoming video-call with other surgeons, just want to make sure I get everything done at the same time as implant to prevent risk of infection.
64 with ED for 10 years. Failed pills, not happy with injections. Considering implant

Return to “Implants”