Experiences with ventral phalloplasty (=removal of excess scrotal skin) during prosthesis implantation or stand alone?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Luther

Experiences with ventral phalloplasty (=removal of excess scrotal skin) during prosthesis implantation or stand alone?

Postby Luther » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:05 pm

Watching a penile implant surgery video by Dr. Clavell I noticed that ventral phalloplasty (=removal of excess scrotal skin) is part of the prosthesis implantation.

Who has had ventral phalloplasty done during implant surgery, or before or after surgery? What do you consider the pros and cons of ventral phalloplasty?

Ventral phalloplasty and penile implant surgery by Dr. Clavell:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX4VEp_GGM0

More info:
https://www.cosmeticurology.ca/services ... alloplasty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAQ-UiOAzo4
26cm Titan (no RTE), Dr. van Renterghem (Belgium), October 2023.

newbie443

Re: Experiences with ventral phalloplasty (=removal of excess scrotal skin) during prosthesis implantation or stand alon

Postby newbie443 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:08 pm

Luther wrote:Watching a penile implant surgery video by Dr. Clavell I noticed that ventral phalloplasty (=removal of excess scrotal skin) is part of the prosthesis implantation.

Who has had ventral phalloplasty done during implant surgery, or before or after surgery? What do you consider the pros and cons of ventral phalloplasty?

Ventral phalloplasty and penile implant surgery by Dr. Clavell:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX4VEp_GGM0

More info:
https://www.cosmeticurology.ca/services ... alloplasty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAQ-UiOAzo4

If you do a search in this forum for scrotoplasty or scrotal webbing you will find a lot of information that you are looking for. I had a lot of scrotal webbing from near the base of my glans. It made for a very long incision and a lot of stiches that took a long time to dissolve. At 8 weeks I ended up removing the last 2. That was a long 8 weeks with the stiches poking me. The longer incision would be a higher infection risk I would think. My repair incision was very small and much easier to care for. I really like the results though and it does make my penis appear it's actual size instead of the shorter appearance with the scrotal webbing. I had really good results from mine and would recommend this if you have significant webbing. The doctor that did my repair had a difficult time locating my incision scar.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Luther

Re: Experiences with ventral phalloplasty (=removal of excess scrotal skin) during prosthesis implantation or stand alon

Postby Luther » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:19 pm

Thanks for the reply. I did a search but didn't see any recent posts about this topic.

From your description I understand the ventral phalloplasty was an additional procedure (for which a surcharge had to be paid) on top of the implant surgery and an additional burden during recovery after surgery?

Looking at the videos of Dr. Clavell I got the impression the ventral phalloplasty has a cosmetic goal but is functional as well: with the penoscrotal approach an incision has to be made at the same spot were potential "extra" scrotal skin is located, so removing that skin improves the appearance but is also practical when performing penoscrotal prosthesis surgery.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:27 am

Luther wrote:Thanks for the reply. I did a search but didn't see any recent posts about this topic.

From your description I understand the ventral phalloplasty was an additional procedure (for which a surcharge had to be paid) on top of the implant surgery and an additional burden during recovery after surgery?

Looking at the videos of Dr. Clavell I got the impression the ventral phalloplasty has a cosmetic goal but is functional as well: with the penoscrotal approach an incision has to be made at the same spot were potential "extra" scrotal skin is located, so removing that skin improves the appearance but is also practical when performing penoscrotal prosthesis surgery.

I was charged $500 for my scrotoplasty with my IPP surgery. Just a bit of extra time with the incision and stitches during closing. But that was almost 6 years ago and pre pandemic. Lots of changes since then. Scrotal tissue hides scars very well. I had surgery on my left testicle back in the 80's having the lining removed (Hydrocele). Can't see the incision for it my scrotoplasty or the repair. If you are having this done at the same time as IPP no need for other than penoscrotal approach. Just added infection risk to do infrapubic. Depends on how bad the webbing is but incision length in my case was inches instead of cm's. The doctor called the stiches poking me whiskers.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:11 am

Hi, mine was done July 2023 when they did the second surgery looking for an infection in my implant ..cut me from elbow to asshole looking found nothing .. but so much skin from the swelling was there they had to do it ... makes my sagging sack much tighter ... nad it might have increased the optical look of my penis.

Luther

Postby Luther » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:22 pm

Thanks for the responses. Any patients of Dr. Clavell? Is the ventral phalloplasty an integral part of implant surgery or an "extra"?

And any members that had ventral phalloplasty done after implant surgery? Is having an implant an extra risk factor? I can imagine infection has greater consequences for a patient with an implant or that cylinders or tubes might get damaged during ventral phalloplasty.

Witheringhog

Postby Witheringhog » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:11 pm

Luther wrote:Thanks for the responses. Any patients of Dr. Clavell? Is the ventral phalloplasty an integral part of implant surgery or an "extra"?

And any members that had ventral phalloplasty done after implant surgery? Is having an implant an extra risk factor? I can imagine infection has greater consequences for a patient with an implant or that cylinders or tubes might get damaged during ventral phalloplasty.

I had scrotal webbing removed at the same time as the implant with clavell, i had a very easy recovery, it never bothered me. I dont notice the scar but do agree the stitches took at least 6 weeks to dissolve.

I know that doesn’t help with you after the implant question. I asked about a tubing revision because i have a piece that is too long in my nuts, clavell said if it doesn’t bother you dont risk the additional risk of infection by opening it back up. Assuming the same goes any time you keep messing with the same spot.
49 - Coloplast Titan 22 implanted 5-2 Dr. Clavell in Houston

Luther

Postby Luther » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:02 pm

Thanks for the info. Did you ask Dr. Clavell to perform the ventral phalloplasty or is this something he proposes, and are there extra costs when it is done during implant surgery?

The scrotal webbing for me is the genital equivalent of a double chin, and now that I have a third "testicle" (i.e. the pump) it appears more prominent. I am fine if it stays this way, but if ventral phalloplasty can be performed relatively safe and the recovery period is not very long, I might consider it.

iwantanewone

Postby iwantanewone » Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:55 am

Hi Luther… I had scrotal webbing surgery along with my implant…there is no visible scar now.
A few items of note… The surgery, unfortunately does cause more pain… more than the implant… But while you’re recovering, you may as well have a better look… It’s like having your balls lifted… I think it is a nice cosmetic appearance that enhances the size of your penis as well without all of that skin.

One added benefit is that if you’re in a public place that has old low toilets.. when you sit on the toilet your balls won’t land in dirty, nasty, toilet water, if they were hanging low before…but it is true…. When you speak to Dr. C, ask him if you’re a candidate for that as well as the additional cost… I believe it is minimal cost…good luck!

iwantanewone

Postby iwantanewone » Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:13 am

I may have missed read your posting… Did you have surgery already? If you had surgery, I don’t think anyone would want you to go back in for a webbing procedure …

Return to “Implants”