"Something Left to Lose" - Titan 26cm, Prof. Dr. van Renterghem, October 2023

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: "Something Left to Lose" - Titan 26cm, Prof. Dr. van Renterghem, October 2023

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:01 pm

Luther wrote:The only incision I have is on my scrotum and is covered with an adhesive plaster (which I replace twice a day after showering and applying disinfectant gel). I don't see how masturbation is a greater risk than cycling.

Your tunica albuginea also has an incision, but since it is under your skin, you don't see it. Tearing THAT incision would be a lot worse than tearing the one in your skin! Would require a repair surgery.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Luther

Re: "Something Left to Lose" - Titan 26cm, Prof. Dr. van Renterghem, October 2023

Postby Luther » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:38 pm

How would masturbation stress the incision of the tunica albuginea more than cycling to max (multiple times a day)?
26cm Titan (no RTE), Dr. van Renterghem (Belgium), October 2023.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:20 pm

Luther wrote:How would masturbation stress the incision of the tunica albuginea more than cycling to max (multiple times a day)?

If that question is directed to my post immediately before, I did not mean to imply cycling or masturbation (inflated or partially inflated) would have either more or less stress. My point was that there are multiple incisions and layers of suturing (at least two, but there might be more) and the only one you mentioned was the one you could see.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

19cmbonepressed

Postby 19cmbonepressed » Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:31 pm

10 days postop and any pain from pumping?
Or pain from masturbating?

Luther

Postby Luther » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:09 pm

Luther wrote:....when the cylinders are fully inflated I feel a pressing sensation from within (presumably the cylinders). From the reports of others I understand that this is common and that this (painful) feeling diminishes with time, so I am not too preoccupied about this.

Only this.

Luther

Postby Luther » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:52 pm

Update: 22 days after surgery.

The recovery is still going well. The degree of discomfort in the third week is considerably less than in weeks 1 and 2. The greatest discomfort is not (directly) caused by the surgery, but by (recurring) hernia complaints. Normally I exercise several times a week and sleep on my stomach. That is not possible at the moment, which may be why the hernia complaints are suddenly becoming so acute. I still take ibuprofen and paracetamol (acetaminophen); I want to start phasing this out next week.

The feeling in the penis and glans is good. The glans appears to engorge to the same extent as before the surgery. Probably because the glans is fuller than immediately post-surgery, the ruler now shows + 0.5 cm in length, the circumference has remained the same (since the previous update).

6.JPG
6.JPG (702.91 KiB) Viewed 354 times

I realize that I never did the length measurement correctly; I read here on the forum that this should be "bone pressed" (I always measured down to the skin). Even though I have little body fat, this makes a difference of + 1 cm. So 1 cm should be added to all previous length measurements. Current measurements: 21.5 cm length x 16 cm circumference.

I inflate the implant for the duration of my shower in the morning and in the evening. When the cylinders are fully inflated, slight pressure can be felt in the glans. However, this discomfort has already decreased considerably.

The results exceed my expectations. I had anticipated that at least one of the less favorable scenarios would occur: prolonged pain or discomfort, inflammation, a loss of sensitivity in the penis, a significantly smaller penis, etc. However, none of these scenarios occurred.

Do I regret not having this surgery performed sooner? I previously wrote this (in another thread):

Luther wrote: Whatever my decision, it will cause regret: regret for not making this decision earlier or regret why I screwed up a fairly well functioning dick... Seems a cath-22. :roll:

Yet I have no regrets. “Rider 1400” in that same thread expresses my thoughts exactly:

Rider1400 wrote: Do I wish I had done it sooner???.. NO!!! Did I wait as long as I should have???? Yes!!! You need to be completely committed to getting it done before having it done. It helps with recovery and every other aspect to make up your mind totally that it’s what you want, therefore I had no regrets. I did a ridiculous amount of research, and you should also. That way you have few if any surprises and you can expect and be prepared for the challenges you’ll face after surgery.

One last thing: I have received questions via PM about my experiences with doctor Van Renterghem. I can also share them here. My experience with both Doctor Van Renterghem and the team supporting him (nurses, etc.) is very positive. Emails or phone calls are responded to quickly and the care prior to and after the surgery was good.

When on the forum "the best surgeons" are discussed, forum members always refer to the same names: Eid, Perito, Kramer (in the past), Hakky, Clavell. Nothing against these doctors, but their positive reputation is also related to their visibility and the fact that they are good marketers. There are doctors out there who are less visible to the (American) public, such as Van Renterghem, that may not have the same talent as salesman but are at least as skilled as doctor.

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:36 pm

Luther wrote:Update: 22 days after surgery.

The recovery is still going well. The degree of discomfort in the third week is considerably less than in weeks 1 and 2. The greatest discomfort is not (directly) caused by the surgery, but by (recurring) hernia complaints. Normally I exercise several times a week and sleep on my stomach. That is not possible at the moment, which may be why the hernia complaints are suddenly becoming so acute. I still take ibuprofen and paracetamol (acetaminophen); I want to start phasing this out next week.

The feeling in the penis and glans is good. The glans appears to engorge to the same extent as before the surgery. Probably because the glans is fuller than immediately post-surgery, the ruler now shows + 0.5 cm in length, the circumference has remained the same (since the previous update).

6.JPG
I realize that I never did the length measurement correctly; I read here on the forum that this should be "bone pressed" (I always measured down to the skin). Even though I have little body fat, this makes a difference of + 1 cm. So 1 cm should be added to all previous length measurements. Current measurements: 21.5 cm length x 16 cm circumference.

I inflate the implant for the duration of my shower in the morning and in the evening. When the cylinders are fully inflated, slight pressure can be felt in the glans. However, this discomfort has already decreased considerably.

The results exceed my expectations. I had anticipated that at least one of the less favorable scenarios would occur: prolonged pain or discomfort, inflammation, a loss of sensitivity in the penis, a significantly smaller penis, etc. However, none of these scenarios occurred.

Do I regret not having this surgery performed sooner? I previously wrote this (in another thread):

Luther wrote: Whatever my decision, it will cause regret: regret for not making this decision earlier or regret why I screwed up a fairly well functioning dick... Seems a cath-22. :roll:

Yet I have no regrets. “Rider 1400” in that same thread expresses my thoughts exactly:

Rider1400 wrote: Do I wish I had done it sooner???.. NO!!! Did I wait as long as I should have???? Yes!!! You need to be completely committed to getting it done before having it done. It helps with recovery and every other aspect to make up your mind totally that it’s what you want, therefore I had no regrets. I did a ridiculous amount of research, and you should also. That way you have few if any surprises and you can expect and be prepared for the challenges you’ll face after surgery.

One last thing: I have received questions via PM about my experiences with doctor Van Renterghem. I can also share them here. My experience with both Doctor Van Renterghem and the team supporting him (nurses, etc.) is very positive. Emails or phone calls are responded to quickly and the care prior to and after the surgery was good.

When on the forum "the best surgeons" are discussed, forum members always refer to the same names: Eid, Perito, Kramer (in the past), Hakky, Clavell. Nothing against these doctors, but their positive reputation is also related to their visibility and the fact that they are good marketers. There are doctors out there who are less visible to the (American) public, such as Van Renterghem, that may not have the same talent as salesman but are at least as skilled as doctor.

Congratulations Luther, it looks really good, you can't see any swelling in this photo, is it inflated to the max in this photo? I fully agree with the last part of your post
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

19cmbonepressed

Postby 19cmbonepressed » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:00 pm

I appreciate the updates. keep them coming.
What is the hernia from?

Luther

Postby Luther » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:04 am

frank66665 wrote: Congratulations Luther, it looks really good, you can't see any swelling in this photo, is it inflated to the max in this photo? I fully agree with the last part of your post

Thank you. Yes, the implant is fully inflated (well, at least to the level I am able to fully inflate it at 3 weeks post-surgery). It may not seem like it is because of the angle of my erection (4 o'clock angle, 120 degrees) but this has always been the angle of my erection. This has remained the same after surgery.

Luther

Postby Luther » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:10 am

19cmbonepressed wrote:I appreciate the updates. keep them coming.

Thanks!

19cmbonepressed wrote:What is the hernia from?

Gravity, lol? Like many people, the hernia sometimes flares up. However, I have not had any problems with it as much as in the previous weeks.

Return to “Implants”