How far can you delay cycling post-op

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
str84wd

How far can you delay cycling post-op

Postby str84wd » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:28 pm

Greetings

I'm curious to hear how far can I delay cycling till I heal completely.

Anybody waited more than 6 weeks?

I know that there are ppl who were blessed to heal from week 2 and cycle + having sex.

In my case I'm approaching week 6 and my penis is still sore specially the glans that is super sensitive on top of healing from serom that is my better now.
45y/o, Implanted 19 August 2023, Titan 19cm, +1 RTE & 125ml reservoir

newbie443

Re: How far can you delay cycling post-op

Postby newbie443 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:30 pm

str84wd wrote:Greetings

I know that there are ppl who were blessed to heal from week 2 and cycle + having sex.

In my case I'm approaching week 6 and my penis is still sore specially the glans that is super sensitive on top of healing from serom that is my better now.

There is a publication in the Documents Worth Reading thread in the General Discussion section of this site Titled Coffin Effect. This show a relation to loss of size with longer waits to activate or start cycling. Mostly used when looking for a doctor for this surgery to find one with early activation that is available to you. That being said all my local doctors that were in my insurance network at the time of my surgery had men wait 8 weeks before activation. And I think there were men who went longer than that. All my local doctors and the man who I talked to that was implanted by one of them said to expect 1-2 inches in size loss. So you can wait as long as you want but while you are doing so a capsule is forming that will restrict size. It will take a very long time to if ever to stretch that capsule. The pump may stick a bit also as they are self lubricating and with out use have had some trouble. Heat helps with that though.

Cycling is a process that starts out with just an inflation and then an immediate deflation. First just once a day. Then twice a day. Then after a few days you start to leave it inflated for about 5 minutes and then increase the time after a few more days. Wait as long as you want but if you can try to cycle a little. Ask your doctor for help on this. Your doctor knows more about your operation than we do.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

str84wd

Postby str84wd » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:29 am

newbie443 wrote:
str84wd wrote:Greetings

There is a publication in the Documents Worth Reading thread in the General Discussion section of this site Titled Coffin Effect. This show a relation to loss of size with longer waits to activate or start cycling. Mostly used when looking for a doctor for this surgery to find one with early activation that is available to you. That being said all my local doctors that were in my insurance network at the time of my surgery had men wait 8 weeks before activation. And I think there were men who went longer than that. All my local doctors and the man who I talked to that was implanted by one of them said to expect 1-2 inches in size loss. So you can wait as long as you want but while you are doing so a capsule is forming that will restrict size. It will take a very long time to if ever to stretch that capsule. The pump may stick a bit also as they are self lubricating and with out use have had some trouble. Heat helps with that though.

Cycling is a process that starts out with just an inflation and then an immediate deflation. First just once a day. Then twice a day. Then after a few days you start to leave it inflated for about 5 minutes and then increase the time after a few more days. Wait as long as you want but if you can try to cycle a little. Ask your doctor for help on this. Your doctor knows more about your operation than we do.

Many thanks for the input.

It's comforting to read about the Activation after 8 weeks being normal. I just felt pressured not being ready after week 4! The Dr made it worse by telling me he have other patients who activated and had sex in 2 weeks! While I'm not close to stroking my penis or even touch it!

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:54 am

When I got my Titan in 2008 there was never any mention of "cycling." I just inflated now and then when it was comfortable. It soon became clear that, for reasons unrelated to the device, I would not be using it (see my signature) so I pretty much just put it out of my mind and forgot about it.

You might wonder why I'm still here after twelve years, but not every implant story has, for myriad and unforeeable reasons, a happy ending.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:25 am

I never cycled my Titan. Never had any info given to me by the doc and I had not found FT yet to know it was something you were supposed to do. The only thing doc told me was "Go use it", so I did. Maybe 4 or 5 times a week at first but no real schedule like some do.
You'll be fine waiting until the soreness goes away.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:26 pm

I'm pretty sure Dr. Eid has his patients begin cycling only a few days post- op to avoid scar tissue forming and length and girth diminishing
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

str84wd

Postby str84wd » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:58 pm

Old Guy wrote:I never cycled my Titan. Never had any info given to me by the doc and I had not found FT yet to know it was something you were supposed to do. The only thing doc told me was "Go use it", so I did. Maybe 4 or 5 times a week at first but no real schedule like some do.

My Dr is recommending that I start asap after week 4 but when he saw my pain, he said ok wait till week 6 and will see!

str84wd

Postby str84wd » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:59 pm

Stayingstrong wrote:I'm pretty sure Dr. Eid has his patients begin cycling only a few days post- op to avoid scar tissue forming and length and girth diminishing

My surgeon is from the same school but didn't force it till week 4 and gave an exception to wait till week 6 hoping that i can handle it

str84wd

Postby str84wd » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:00 pm

Old Guy wrote:I never cycled my Titan. Never had any info given to me by the doc and I had not found FT yet to know it was something you were supposed to do. The only thing doc told me was "Go use it", so I did. Maybe 4 or 5 times a week at first but no real schedule like some do.

Guess it's different schools of doctors! Thanks for your input

iwantanewone

Postby iwantanewone » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:03 am

Read my post to your other questions about glans pain. If cleared to take a hot bath, get in the tub and start cycling… By now the cylinders are beginning to become encapsulated with a covering, and you need to keep it stretched out… The longer you wait the more pain…
It really sounds like you need to visit with your surgeon and have him inflate you for the first time. It sounds like you were not left inflated like most of us were immediately after surgery. I would have a visit and ask about the bathtub and get in the tub and begin cycling. Perhaps don’t fully inflate, but as much as you can for the minutes that you can each time… Even two times a day… Good luck! Cycling and glans pain It’s not fun, but it’s part of the process… If you do it, you will have a better result… Just have your surgeon check and make sure everything is OK!

Return to “Implants”