True about implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Andrew96

True about implant

Postby Andrew96 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:29 pm

Hi guys, I’ve to be implanted to soon, it was a good think for me, but I’ve only one fear.. the implant lifespan. Please tell me, in the experience of this forum,
how many years are the life expectancy of the implant?
The usage influences the life?
I pay off my pocket, and I’ve scared to implant at short time from one implant and another for the rest of life.
Thanks

dg_moore

Re: True about implant

Postby dg_moore » Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:52 pm

No telling. You'll see reports here ranging from a few months (very rare) to over 20 years (also rare). Where you'll fall within that range is unknowable, but 15 years or so is a reasonable guestimate. Mine lasted 12 years, but I never used it. Don't know how that affected longevity.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:15 pm

From what I have been told most malleables will last a lifetime depending on your age ..use ...etc .. I have a Rigicon and it has a lifetime warranty .. if your in the US then medicare will pay for it when you get on medicare ..

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:09 pm

Andrew96 wrote:Hi guys, I’ve to be implanted to soon, it was a good think for me, but I’ve only one fear.. the implant lifespan. Please tell me, in the experience of this forum,
how many years are the life expectancy of the implant?
The usage influences the life?
I pay off my pocket, and I’ve scared to implant at short time from one implant and another for the rest of life.
Thanks

Internet search for this article:

Long-Term Survival of Inflatable Penile Prostheses: Single Surgical Group Experience with 2,384 First-Time Implants Spanning Two Decades" by Emad A Salem

It, of course, examines the service life of implants of 20-year-old technology. For example, the Ultrex implant is no longer made. Newer models have improved longevity.

Rule of thumb: If an implant gives no problems in the first several months, you can, with a high degree of confidence, expect none for years. Just like cars or any other mechanical device manufactured by humans. The lemons reveal themselves in the first 10,000 miles After that it is just normal wear and tear. Or ships.. All ships should go on a "shakedown cruise" to reveal any leaks or defects. After that, it is smooth sailing. Same principle applies to many devices.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:45 pm

Great analogy a shake down cruise .... very well put .. and some will have bugs ... timing issues ..and flat out failures .. but all part of the journey to regain your sex life back .. and everyone's experience will and should be a little different ..

Rselbo

Postby Rselbo » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:34 pm

dg_moore wrote:No telling. You'll see reports here ranging from a few months (very rare) to over 20 years (also rare). Where you'll fall within that range is unknowable, but 15 years or so is a reasonable guestimate. Mine lasted 12 years, but I never used it. Don't know how that affected longevity.

Sorry for being nosey but why would anyone go through this and never use it, how is that even possible? :)

Rod

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:11 pm

Rselbo wrote:
dg_moore wrote:No telling. You'll see reports here ranging from a few months (very rare) to over 20 years (also rare). Where you'll fall within that range is unknowable, but 15 years or so is a reasonable guestimate. Mine lasted 12 years, but I never used it. Don't know how that affected longevity.

Sorry for being nosey but why would anyone go through this and never use it, how is that even possible? :)

Rod

See my signature. It explains all.......
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Return to “Implants”