Aesthetics

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Mark1974

Aesthetics

Postby Mark1974 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:17 am

We talk a lot about size here, because we are men, but we don't talk much about aesthetics.

Do you guys feel the look and visual sex appeal of your penis has suffered at all, because of the implantation?

I know it's ridiculous for me at almost 50 to worry about, Vanity doesn't age well with men. But the thing is I was never a good looking guy, I'm petite (think Niles Crane) 5'8, slender shoulders, 145 lbs, lost my hair in my 20's. The only compliments I got from women is they thought I had a pretty penis. And it wasn't big either. Maybe 6 inches in it's prime and more like 5 1/2 for most my life. But maybe it is well proportioned.

I've seen some really good looking penises after implantation, but some not so much. One thing that upsets the presentation is a really prominent pump. And tubing

And also I've seen some penises in galleries that look dead. Like dead dicks on a stick

This is the sort of thing that stresses me out. Some people think about global warming, others struggle to put bread on the table. I think about this
I was born in 1974. I've had venous leak ED since early 30's, but managed with pde5 inhibitors until mid 40's. I have fairly severe hour-glassing, but no hard plaques. My urologist is worldwide acknowledged expert Dr. Laurence Levine

indeed

Re: Aesthetics

Postby indeed » Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:47 am

It depends a lot. In my opinion you get the best implant experience if you are on the girthier side, still have decent natural bloodflow, a deeper crus, and thicker sack skin / not a saggy sack.

From what i have seen, people with those attributes get the best cosmetic outcome

Just my opinion
30 years old. Suspensory ligament repair with Dr. Ralph March 23.
20cm Titan OTR, no RTEs. Dr. Clavell - May 10, 23.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:57 am

When you reach a csrtain age, as I did many years ago, you become essentially invisible - nobody looks, and nobody cares.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:28 am

I think too much thought given on sizing and looks .. depending on your age sizing is not the biggest issue in life .. if your partner is a "size queen" then you have to worry about sizing or at least u think you do ... if you get an implant and it works ..heals well .. gives you back any sort of a successful sex life then thank your lucky stars .. if you read the implant stats going back years you will see large number of men think they lose size when implanting ..many studies have shown that not to be true it is a perceived loss ... meaning you remember it being bigger .. if you have ED for a longer period of time then you get shrinkage .. if you age you get shrinkage .. all these are factors .. I have had ED for over 3 years ... stroke last year that ended my libido ... I know I have lost sizing ...took photos to the dr. from 20 years ago .. he took one look and said that was then this is now simple as that you get what you get ..I did use a VED for the 6 weeks before surgery to get as much stretch as possible before surgery wished someone would have told me about doing it 3 years ago when I started this journey .. When I heal I hope to at least get the pleasure of sex back into my life even if it is a "new" revised version .. think of the positive if you took the time money and energy involved to get implanted pick the right Dr. .. do your research ... ask questions ... this is an important choice you are making about your body ..

Mark1974

Postby Mark1974 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:51 am

I know what you mean Easy, but there is nothing more gratifying than hearing a woman say that you have a suckable penis or that she is daydreaming about sucking your pretty cock (sorry to be graphic)

If it becomes ugly it loses that lust factor for the woman. Just the fact that it is implanted is enough to dry a lot of women out, so you want it to at least look tasty

I think since the implantologists are almost all male many of them get caught up in sizing and not thinking about aesthetics

But I don't know at the end of the day I know my values are superficial and vain

BTW did Dr Carrion do your malleable subcoronal or penoscrotal?
I was born in 1974. I've had venous leak ED since early 30's, but managed with pde5 inhibitors until mid 40's. I have fairly severe hour-glassing, but no hard plaques. My urologist is worldwide acknowledged expert Dr. Laurence Levine

Mark1974

Postby Mark1974 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:41 am

Did your decision to get an implant have anything to do with your marriage troubles WatNext?

Sofa King

Postby Sofa King » Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:05 am

I think most Surgeons want to give you the best esthetically pleasing and working unit. My opinion is that especially if you were a grower, it's going to look better as a shower.

Sometimes the pump may be a little more prominent than other times, depending on conditions. But it is nut shaped, so it still looks nutty.
51 Have had ED for at least 15 years, then PD. Pills stopped working, not going to do the other things. Mayo Clinic Minnesota 24 cm Titan

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:44 pm

WatNext wrote:
Mark1974 wrote:Did your decision to get an implant have anything to do with your marriage troubles WatNext?

Absolutely nothing to do with it. I had 3 years worth of Ill health all in a row that I was coping real well with. In 2019 I had an inguinal hernia repair that rendered me impotent, then slipped vertebrae 4 months later at L4 L5 that took away most sensation. Between 2000 and 2022 I swung between extreme depression and hypomania as a result of all the trauma. It was then figured out I was very badly reacting to the psych meds. Fun times.....

What drove me to get an implant was to feel normal again. With little sensation left it felt like I was walking around without penis. That rush you get when you get horny, all gone. What drove mental was in my brain I was horny, but there's no longer a connection down below. But what was worse was going to the toilet or showering etc as id be constantly reminded of the trauma years previous. A total PTSD response.

When I got the implant last year, for the first 6 months I was like why did i even bother. I have little sensation and hadn't used it physically, seemed like a waste. Then and the 6-9 month mark i started to realise my brain was still wired to be expecting the same feedback loop. Look at something hot, blood rushes to penis, erection starts happening etc. Now it's different. What helped too around this time I started to get some feeling back, over 2 years since my spinal surgery.

All in all even if I was single and never had sex again , I still would've got an implant. Nothing I've experienced on life so far is worse than bring impotent. Just knowing I can have sex if I choose to relieves a mountain of anxiety.

After all this I guess that's why aesthetics to me doesn't mean anything all things considered. And at 44 years old, I would bet women my age are also showing signs of the burden of age.

Have a look into some nerve regeneration supplements and options.

You're right, just finding acceptance with the iplant and knowing you can have sex if you choose to, relieves so much anxiety and brings back a feeling of peace and confidence.

I really always feel for your situation. Very glad you're getting some sensation back, makes me happy.

J
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm + 1cm RTE

Captain1117

Postby Captain1117 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:07 am

The implant is mainly for getting the function back.
For aesthetics there are fillers
" The greatest benefit of an implant is that a man stops thinking about ED."-Dr.Eid

48, healthy, straight, single.ED after turning 40. AMS LGX implanted by Dr.Yonah Krakowski in June 2023.

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:45 pm

Aesthetically my penis is as good as it ever was prior to implant… especially if I’m turned on excited. No tubing shows and it just looks great to me, and my wife. My pump occasionally will hang a bit down if I’m really hot like right out of the hot tub! But, it just looks like I have one testical hanging lower than the other. My resivour on the other hand is my big issue! Many years ago I had double hernia surgery with mesh on both sides. Not sure if my Dr had maybe had a bad experience with this in the past but he put my resivour just under the skin and a slight layer of fascia. On left side and he put the thing right on my pants line where my belt goes! When inflated it’s barley noticeably, but when deflated it looks like I have a 2 by 3 inch growth sticking out about 3/4”. When the time comes to get a revision I will find a Dr that willing to go around thru or however they can to conceal my resivour. My wife went so far as to say I have a beautiful dick …. But , she’s definitely biased!! Lol.
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Return to “Implants”