New patient processes among doctors?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Nestor

New patient processes among doctors?

Postby Nestor » Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:38 pm

Can you guys share the new patient processes for the major US based doctors?

Most interested in Eid, Cordon, Clavell and Hakky.

What I'm getting at is the process to get scheduled... I think for instance - and I'm FAR from certain on this, that Dr. Eid has you get a cardiologist approval prior (understandable), but maybe you can only see specific ones he has selected?

Since I'd have to travel, I'd kind of like to understand everything involved.

Dr. Eid is a 2 hour train trip away, Dr. Cordon is a direct 3.5 hour flight (unfortunately no business class). Hakky, a direct flight, probably 2.5 hours.

I'd more than likely see Dr. Eid. Had a consult scheduled with him when I was transiting NYC but due to him being out for a while, it was cancelled. I'm intrigued by Dr. Cordon being slightly more aggressive, but at the same time Dr. Eid is the gold standard - and I have at least one complication. (one atrophied testicle so bad it looks like I only have one - Dr. Eid likely has more experience in the more uncommon situations, although I'm sure Dr. Cordon and the others are fully capable here)
47; Considering an implant. ED for over a decade. Tested a decade ago for VL, negative. Not hormonal; may be dopamine reward dysfunction.

wolfpacker

Re: New patient processes among doctors?

Postby wolfpacker » Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:46 pm

I'm a several hours train ride from Dr Eid and I used him to do my implant. Process was first a phone consult with him- told him my ED history, what I had tried before (pills for years, injections which didn't work well enough) and he found I'd be a good candidate for implant. We set a date for the implant surgery, as well as our first in-person appointment the day before surgery where he would confirm my ED via doppler ultrasound. I didnt have to get any cardiologist approval or anything.
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:17 pm

Nestor wrote:What I'm getting at is the process to get scheduled... I think for instance - and I'm FAR from certain on this, that Dr. Eid has you get a cardiologist approval prior (understandable), but maybe you can only see specific ones he has selected?

When I went to Dr Eid in 2017 a pre-approval exam was required from any local cardiologist, he obviously can't select which doctor you see for every state and worldwide. It's the anesthesiologist who requires the cardiac clearance not Dr Eid specifically.

I flew from the west coast to see Dr Eid, self-activated at home on day 4, no issues at all.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

nerdynerd

Postby nerdynerd » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:10 pm

With Dr Clavell you can either have the pre-op tests done where you live 1 week before the procedure or done in Houston by the clinic they use 2 days before. If you have them done at the Houston clinic they will provide the orders to the clinic and schedule the clinic appointment themselves.
Born 1956. Peyronies + venous leak. Implanted 12/12/23 Dr. Clavell penoscrotal. Proximal = 10cm, right distal = 12.5cm, left distal = 12cm due to Peyronies. 1 0.5cm RTE on the right. 125CC reservoir filled with 110ml saline. Titan OTR.

BearsWin

Postby BearsWin » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:29 pm

At the end of my first consult I was sold and told them I was ready to go for it.

They wrote me an order for labwork to be drawn at home, did an EKG in the exam room which was read out by a cardiologist as part of preop clearance, and sent me home with preop scrub to be used for a few days prior plus an rx for a few days of a strong antibiotic.

I think my first meeting to surgery date was under a month. I'm forgetting now.

Good luck - it's a life changer.
Born 1966. PDE-5s since age 40. Decreasing efficacy age 50. Started on Trimix 2022 - variable response even at high doses. Coloplast Titan 11/1/22 Dr. Yafi UCI, submuscular/ectopic reservoir. History of hypertension. Married, Nevada.

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:05 am

I had a telemed meeting with Dr. Clavell, he answered all my questions and asked to see my package. (a little strange standing in my office with my pants down showing a man on the screen my genitals, but that was not the time to be shy)

I had developed a list of questions and concerns and he addressed them all. I had already met with my local Kaiser urologist and determined that he was NOT the guy for me. Kaiser would have cost me $200, but I was willing to pay 100x that for the best outcome possible. This is not a surgery you shop price on.

That was it. Based on my responses to a few of his questions about my sexual abilities, or lack thereof, he said I was a good candidate. I called his scheduler and made an appointment a few months out because of my travel schedule not allowing me to be home to recuperate. In those 3+ months waiting for the surgery I vacuum pumped twice daily to get the maximum measurement when the time came for the implant. His office sent me prescriptions to fill, which I did before leaving CA.

I arrived in Houston a day prior to the surgery and went to the hospital to check in. I didn't realize they would take a pee sample and an EKG, but no big deal. Within 30 minutes they had the results of the labs and the EKG reading and I was all good to go. These were included in his fee, I just paid his office, not the hospital. I was able to put it on a credit card, so the points actually ended up paying for our flights to and from Houston.

Next morning I reported at 8:30am for an 11:30am surgery slot. The doctor came in to my room at about 10:30 and said I was next, asked if I had any questions, he looked at my penis in person for the first time and said "well, your wife certainly didn't marry you for your eyes". My wife and I cracked up. That was the first time I'd met him in person, and it was for about 5 minutes. Next thing I know, I'm back in that same room with my wife sitting there and it was all over. I peed within about 20 minutes and we were on our way back to the hotel.

Spent 2 nights at the hotel, and about 40 hours after surgery was on a plane back to CA. Never took a prescribed pain pill, only a few Tylenol and Advil. My recovery was basically pain free, the worst part was just dealing with a boner for 4 weeks.

I could text Dr. Clavell and he'd respond very quickly. I sent pictures of my progress and he commented on how it was going. I never felt like he wasn't available to me any time I needed to talk to him directly. I was in Houston last week and made an appt. to see him just to follow up, and we spent 30 minutes just chatting about things. He's very personable and easy to talk to, and I didn't need anything more than what I got from him before, during and after the surgery.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

Return to “Implants”