3 revisions in 8 months

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Anfornee

3 revisions in 8 months

Postby Anfornee » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:29 am

First off, I’d like to thank Dr Hakky and recommend him to anyone considering any type of urological procedures. The office staff are all amazing people and Dr Hakky is a phenomenal surgeon.

My first doc (not Hakky) implanted a Titan 9/12. It became infected after week 3. Bad infected. The doc had me wait it out (?) for an additional week. When it was finally decided that things weren’t going to resolve I was sent to the hospital. By that time my fever was spiking to 103 and I was in a great deal of pain.

On 10/13 the Titan came out and a malleable was implanted. Unfortunately the left side was not seated inside the corpora. This was very uncomfortable. The original doctor said to not worry about it because the plan was to implant another Titan. In the meantime I had pus coming from the incision. I lost any faith I had in doctor one at that point.

I requested an appointment with Dr Hakky and saw him within a few days. He did his examination and was pretty clear in his opinion if the previous surgeon. November (not sure on day) he went in and fixed the issue with the idea that within 8-9 months we’d go back to a Titan. A month later he did some filler with urofill. Definitely enhanced the girth greatly.

That surgery was yesterday. He preferred going with the Titan again. 24cm XL. I’m currently recovering and I’m Shocked at the pain level. It’s non-existent. I’m slightly uncomfortable. I expected more pain.

It’s way too early to give any updates or opinions but if you have any questions on all this I’d be happy to respond.
Titan 24XL implanted by Dr Hakky on 6/13/23

implantguy1

Re: 3 revisions in 8 months

Postby implantguy1 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:10 am

Brother how many months you lived with malleable?
1: Why you are not consider malleable for some time as the infection chances are less in it.
2: Mostly malleable stays with you life time so dont have to worry about revision.
3: Have you tried sex with malleable? How was it?
4:I am considering malleable. Please guide.

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:26 am

implantguy1 wrote:Brother how many months you lived with malleable?
1: Why you are not consider malleable for some time as the infection chances are less in it.
2: Mostly malleable stays with you life time so dont have to worry about revision.

Malleable has a lot of downsides compared with inflatable
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Anfornee

Postby Anfornee » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:44 am

implantguy1 wrote:Brother how many months you lived with malleable?

Great questions!
1-the second malleable revision necessitated the use of a 9.5 mm left rod. He only changed that one because that was the problem. I still had the infection from the first revision. So I had a 13 in one side and a 9.5 on the other. Also, the 13 put in by doctor 1 was undersides by an inch lengthwise. I needed this revision one way or the other so I opted for the Titan. My insurance covered both equally.
2-that is very true. I know at 54 I have at least one more revision. That’s one big reason I chose Hakky. He’s still young enough to be around in 10 years.
3- I had a ton of sex with the malleable. It was satisfying. Easy to use. But definitely undersized because of the issues. The girls I was with (the ones who didn’t know) never said anything was different and had a good time (or did a great job pretending). The ones I did know remarked about the size loss but I was still girthy enough to get the job done. Hakky was able to fit 24 cm XL’s in so I will regain all my size.
4-maleables have several pros.
Way easier to implant
Way easier to use
Lifetime device with no revisions
Less expensive
Less prone to failure
No third ball

My issues are mostly from experience was this particular set of issues…
Hard to hide. You’re always hard. The genesis is somewhat bendable but some others offer better concealability

Size lose for me was noticeable because of my issues with infections/improper installation

I have two grandkids and it’s awkward when they want to sit in “poppops” lap

At the gym I had to buy loose sweatpants and tight underwear to avoid a teepee situation on the bench press equipment

I think if Hakky had done revision 2 and got the bigger and longer rods in I might have kept it. But the size difference in the rod diameter and the length loss were too noticeable.

Also, I’m in the Lifestyle and have a lot of sex. In those situations the inflatable is better for me.

I can’t fault you from being drawn ti the malleable. The longevity, cost, lack of failure and ease of implant are great selling points.

brotherman

Postby brotherman » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:29 am

I hope that this is the end to all of your problems. Wish you a speedy recovery so that you can have fun with your new rig.

implantguy1

Postby implantguy1 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:58 am

Hey thank you so much for information you provided but i have to ask some more questions.

1-If Dr Hakky implanted you with the malleable with no size loss than what will be your decision?

2-How was the concealment? Did someone can judge that you have implant by looking at you?

3-In your daily activities did you have any discomfort? While doing all the daily activities did you think about the implant every time??

4-What about erosion? I think the main drawback of malleable implant is erosion! But doctors are saying if they put the perfect size then there will be no erosion! Please guide.

5- Despite all the negatives of malleable do you advise a young person to do malleable who can not afford many surgeries.
Like somehow your age is 29 and you have to do implant and you know you cannot afford expensive surgeries and revisions then what will you do?

Anfornee

Postby Anfornee » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:45 pm

implantguy1 wrote:Hey thank you so much for information you provided but i have to ask some more questions.

1-If Dr Hakky implanted you with the malleable with no size loss than what will be your decision?

2-How was the concealment? Did someone can judge that you have implant by looking at you?

3-In your daily activities did you have any discomfort? While doing all the daily activities did you think about the implant every time??

4-What about erosion? I think the main drawback of malleable implant is erosion! But doctors are saying if they put the perfect size then there will be no erosion! Please guide.

5- Despite all the negatives of malleable do you advise a young person to do malleable who can not afford many surgeries.
Like somehow your age is 29 and you have to do implant and you know you cannot afford expensive surgeries and revisions then what will you do?

1- I think if I was smaller I’d really have a hard decision. I’m at 7” length and 6.5 wide before surgery. With the Titan The girth will be the same or better and we are hoping for 6.25-6.5 length. With the genesis I think it was noticeable in jeans, not in a bad way necessarily, but it was a problem in work pants and workout clothes.
2-I don’t think people thought anything but I was big. If they are looking at my crotch that’s on them anyway. You’ll definitely fill out tight jeans.
3-no discomfort at all once I was healed up. I only really thought about it in gym clothes and with a bathing suit on. I would wear a very loose bathing suit.
4-you are right. Erosion is only an issue in oversized rods. I looked at that a lot. Mine were definitely sized too small
5-the malleable is bullet proof of implanted correctly. I had no problem performing, even though I was smaller than I wanted to be because of the mishaps. If you’re 29 you will probably have to have 3 or 4 revisions (every 10 years). With the malleable you might never have to have a revision.

It’s a really tough call for me because of my negative experiences with how the rods were implanted. I had great sex with the malleable, but the inflatable felt more rigid, which I liked. It was more like a natural erection with the Titan.

I’m lucky enough to have insurance that covered all but $1500. If I had to come out of pocket it would be a more difficult decision.

Frenchie

Postby Frenchie » Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:57 pm

Anfornee wrote:First off, I’d like to thank Dr Hakky and recommend him to anyone considering any type of urological procedures. The office staff are all amazing people and Dr Hakky is a phenomenal surgeon.

My first doc (not Hakky) implanted a Titan 9/12. It became infected after week 3. Bad infected. The doc had me wait it out (?) for an additional week. When it was finally decided that things weren’t going to resolve I was sent to the hospital. By that time my fever was spiking to 103 and I was in a great deal of pain.

On 10/13 the Titan came out and a malleable was implanted. Unfortunately the left side was not seated inside the corpora. This was very uncomfortable. The original doctor said to not worry about it because the plan was to implant another Titan. In the meantime I had pus coming from the incision. I lost any faith I had in doctor one at that point.

I requested an appointment with Dr Hakky and saw him within a few days. He did his examination and was pretty clear in his opinion if the previous surgeon. November (not sure on day) he went in and fixed the issue with the idea that within 8-9 months we’d go back to a Titan. A month later he did some filler with urofill. Definitely enhanced the girth greatly.

That surgery was yesterday. He preferred going with the Titan again. 24cm XL. I’m currently recovering and I’m Shocked at the pain level. It’s non-existent. I’m slightly uncomfortable. I expected more pain.

It’s way too early to give any updates or opinions but if you have any questions on all this I’d be happy to respond.

Have you lost any size from all these infection issues and surgeries?
Venous like since I was 20 years old. Pills don't work too well. Thinking of implant in the future

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:41 pm

Anfornee wrote:First off, I’d like to thank Dr Hakky and recommend him to anyone considering any type of urological procedures. The office staff are all amazing people and Dr Hakky is a phenomenal surgeon.

Regarding the UroFill. How many vials did he give you, and how much did you gain in girth in 1 visit.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

Anfornee

Postby Anfornee » Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:26 pm

Frenchie wrote:

Have you lost any size from all these infection issues and surgeries?

The original Titan I lost maybe a 1/4 inch length but no girth. I’m sure I would have got it back over time. I lost at least 1.5 inches during the emergency malleable. But gained about .5 after Dr Hakky revised the revision. I was religiously using a VED and easily got my length to 6.75. I’ll know better when I can start cycling the new device what I get. I’m confident I’ll be almost 7 again. Girth suffered a bit but in the VED tube it fluffed out to fill the tube. He put in 24XL tubes.

Return to “Implants”