my doctor said cycling doesn't work

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Rider1400

Re: my doctor said cycling doesn't work

Postby Rider1400 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:29 pm

Randalltx wrote:
EricDraven wrote:I am 3 months out, post implant. I saw my doctor last week. She did a thorough exam. Keep in mind, this is a VA doctor.

I have had swelling issues, and my pump is riding very high. She said to just leave the pump as is, and live with it. She said I could still try to pull the pump down, but it may not work.

The biggest take away for me was, I told her I couldn't cycle the implant because of the swelling and how would it hurt me in the long run. She said cycling is just to help you learn how to inflate and deflate. She said there is absolutely, 100% no increase in girth or length, no matter how much you cycle. I think I am 4 inches soft, so that's all I will ever have according to her. My girth actually DECREASES when I inflate. I am 6 inches deflated, and it decreases to 5.5 inches when inflated, because everything tightens up and becomes thinner. I'm very confused. I really thought that I might get back to 5 inches or so if I aggressively cycled every day.

I have the coloplast titan

Eric---

I was implanted same size--24cm titanxl this year. The tubes definitiely swell in circumference with increased pumping. I have measured multiple times. My op was Feb 9, I think. As previously stated. Dr. Clavell really emphasizes the cycling. So does my doctor.

What is swollen and why does it impact your ability to cycle, and by association to have sex or masturbate?

I have been concerned with the amount of pumping I have to do to get close to max hardness, and my length is shorter for sure so far, though the size of the implant is adequate at 24 cm plus probably a half inch or more at the glans and wherever the other end is.

Now I hae a bad rotator cuff and am having to be ambidextrous to add to the challenges (LOL.)

When you are able to use a normal health plan with coverage or get on Medicare, you can get a revision and fix whatever was/is incorrect. I don't know what to do about the excess pumping required. Talking over 100 pumps to get close to max and good enough to penetrate.

On the plus side, sensitivity is really coming back esp. since I started testosterone injections weekly. Also time to reach orgasm with masturbation has improved from 30 minutes to 15 and the quality is higher than pre ED.

Meanwhile, I ordered a vacuum pump from Amazon in a blind act of faith that it could help with restoring length.

Please keep us updated and advise what you are doing and or decide to do. It is definitiely a moving target. You are not alone.

I ripped my left shoulder out, 4 rotator muscles completely torn in two, biceps torn in two and broke the bone about halfway between shoulder and elbow,broke two ribs in 3 places and this accident happened 3 weeks before my scheduled IPP surgery. I had a 6 hour surgery on shoulder 1 week after my fall. Spoke with both drs and they agreed that I could go ahead with the IPP 2 weeks to the day after my shoulder surgery. I’ve stated dozens of time that I had almost zero pain from my IPP surgery!! May have been because my shoulder was absolutely killing me for several months!! lol. Nice thing about it was I didn’t have to have any excuse for laying around the house and missing work and also didn’t return to work for 4 months! So was completely healed and well into use of IPP long before my shoulder was healed.
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:34 pm

Your Dr is a Quack!!! If what you have immediately after surgery is what you’ll always have then there’s a LOT of lying going on here!! lol. I was 1-1/2” shorty and over a half inch smaller in diameter I’m educated surgery which all came back over 8-10 months. I even gained a little girth over my pre surgery! How her surgical skills are better than her knowledge of how implants work and break in! This is one case I would not listen to your Dr!!! Watch videos on Peritos (Meet the penis) and follow his suggestions and you’ll get all you can get out of what you got! Good luck!
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Randalltx

Postby Randalltx » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:37 pm

I hope you are doing better.

First of all, VA, Second of all female urologist--like how the f would she know what a dick feels like?

My dr. insisted I cycle every day after six weeks post op. It worked about 5 months in all the length is back and the circumference as my wife says OMG.

Relax, check out perrito and Dr. Clavell's videos on cycling and after care. You are on your way, finish the job with the cycling. Oh--get a new dr.

Best--Randy
76yo, ED Venuous Leak since age 40. South Texas location.
02/09/2023 24 CM Titan Dr. Hofer, Stone Oak Meth San Antonio.
@OEM 7.5L x 6.0/Flaccid 2.0L x 6.0 (Grower)
@8 months 7.50L x 6.0/Flaccid 6.0L x 6.0
@14 months 7.50L x 7.25/Flaccid 6.0L x 6.0

monkfroot

Postby monkfroot » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:04 pm

Randalltx wrote:I hope you are doing better.

First of all, VA, Second of all female urologist--like how the f would she know what a dick feels like?

My dr. insisted I cycle every day after six weeks post op. It worked about 5 months in all the length is back and the circumference as my wife says OMG.

Relax, check out perrito and Dr. Clavell's videos on cycling and after care. You are on your way, finish the job with the cycling. Oh--get a new dr.

Best--Randy

Is six weeks too late to start cycling to avod coffin effect? I see people starting so much earlier, I wonder if even that makes a difference
Titan OTR implanted on 1/26/24. PE and Anxiety of varied degrees since age 19. Varicocele issues past 30 years. Type 2 Diabetic since 2013, pills didnt work, minimal reaction to shots, some VL, still had morning/overnight wood, but moderate quality.

Randalltx

Postby Randalltx » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:41 pm

monkfroot wrote:
Randalltx wrote:I hope you are doing better.

Best--Randy

Is six weeks too late to start cycling to avod coffin effect? I see people starting so much earlier, I wonder if even that makes a difference

It is never too late! I couldn't start for about 10 weeks post op. 5-6 months for length to come back but always thicker wiht the mighty Titan XL

SammyVegas

Postby SammyVegas » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:26 am

ThailandBound wrote:Your doctor is in the distinct minority of doctors who say cycling is not effective. Distinctive as in the ONLY doctor i’ve read on hundreds of posts here. I think she is wrong.

I’ll take both the experience of Drs. Clavell, Perito, Kramer, et. al. as well as my personal experience that aggressive (as in, it’s physical therapy and is done to increasingly uncomfortable levels, until comfortable, DOES increase length.

The surgical capsule is a real thing. If you don’t cycle that capsule will form, limit your size, then you’re really screwed. Whether it’s a breast or penile implant, it will happen unless you prevent it through vigorous cycling.

THIS. ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬇️

Dude- VA doctors are idiots; that doctor is so wrong.

I’m probably a little rare in my results but cycling helps, a lot.
I’m almost back to my original size about an inch short and I’ve gained girth back and then some. Cycling is the most important thing you can do next to using it.
22 CM Titan -
Implanted by Dr. Clavell on 12/26/23
Just under 7” pre-op x 5.5 -
Currently 5.5” x 5
Looking forward to cycling and gaining it back!
Peyronies and Narrowing. Stretched and VE before implant

jwdetails

Postby jwdetails » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:13 pm

Not surprising - Dr. Malik has like a billion views for all her videos on youtube and is a claimed "expert." A lot of marketing and self-promotion about topics that she does not actually seem very knowledgable in. Every high volume surgeon would agree that cycling does work (with or without Peyronie's).
62 year old with 37 year old wife, ED+PD got Coloplast Titan 22 cm no RTE in 2019 with Dr. Irwin Goldstein => pump failure, now revised with plaque excision/tunical expansion to Coloplast Titan 26 no RTE in 2022 by Dr. Darshan Patel. :D

DeadlineDave

Postby DeadlineDave » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:31 pm

monkfroot wrote:

I was inflated 70% for 6 weeks due to swelling. Then couldn't cycle until the 12th week. I am cycling twice a day, and the evening session includes a VED according to Dr. Clavell's video. I lost about and inch after surgery, but already have 1/2" back after just a week.
71 years old. Implanted 1/2/2024 with AMS LGX, 18cm with 4cm rear extenders by Dr. Bryan Kansas in Austin, TX.

monkfroot

Postby monkfroot » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:03 pm

jwdetails wrote:Not surprising - Dr. Malik has like a billion views for all her videos on youtube and is a claimed "expert." A lot of marketing and self-promotion about topics that she does not actually seem very knowledgable in. Every high volume surgeon would agree that cycling does work (with or without Peyronie's).

Lbh...she is exotic and has big titties, thats half of it
Titan OTR implanted on 1/26/24. PE and Anxiety of varied degrees since age 19. Varicocele issues past 30 years. Type 2 Diabetic since 2013, pills didnt work, minimal reaction to shots, some VL, still had morning/overnight wood, but moderate quality.

Randalltx

Postby Randalltx » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:23 pm

Rider1400 wrote:
Randalltx wrote:
EricDraven wrote:I am 3 months out, post implant. I saw my doctor last week. She did a thorough exam. Keep in mind, this is a VA doctor.

I have had swelling issues, and my pump is riding very high. She said to just leave the pump as is, and live with it. She said I could still try to pull the pump down, but it may not work.

The biggest take away for me was, I told her I couldn't cycle the implant because of the swelling and how would it hurt me in the long run. She said cycling is just to help you learn how to inflate and deflate. She said there is absolutely, 100% no increase in girth or length, no matter how much you cycle. I think I am 4 inches soft, so that's all I will ever have according to her. My girth actually DECREASES when I inflate. I am 6 inches deflated, and it decreases to 5.5 inches when inflated, because everything tightens up and becomes thinner. I'm very confused. I really thought that I might get back to 5 inches or so if I aggressively cycled every day.

I have the coloplast titan

Eric---

I was implanted same size--24cm titanxl this year. The tubes definitiely swell in circumference with increased pumping. I have measured multiple times. My op was Feb 9, I think. As previously stated. Dr. Clavell really emphasizes the cycling. So does my doctor.

What is swollen and why does it impact your ability to cycle, and by association to have sex or masturbate?

I have been concerned with the amount of pumping I have to do to get close to max hardness, and my length is shorter for sure so far, though the size of the implant is adequate at 24 cm plus probably a half inch or more at the glans and wherever the other end is.

Now I hae a bad rotator cuff and am having to be ambidextrous to add to the challenges (LOL.)

When you are able to use a normal health plan with coverage or get on Medicare, you can get a revision and fix whatever was/is incorrect. I don't know what to do about the excess pumping required. Talking over 100 pumps to get close to max and good enough to penetrate.

On the plus side, sensitivity is really coming back esp. since I started testosterone injections weekly. Also time to reach orgasm with masturbation has improved from 30 minutes to 15 and the quality is higher than pre ED.

Meanwhile, I ordered a vacuum pump from Amazon in a blind act of faith that it could help with restoring length.

Please keep us updated and advise what you are doing and or decide to do. It is definitiely a moving target. You are not alone.

I ripped my left shoulder out, 4 rotator muscles completely torn in two, biceps torn in two and broke the bone about halfway between shoulder and elbow,broke two ribs in 3 places and this accident happened 3 weeks before my scheduled IPP surgery. I had a 6 hour surgery on shoulder 1 week after my fall. Spoke with both drs and they agreed that I could go ahead with the IPP 2 weeks to the day after my shoulder surgery. I’ve stated dozens of time that I had almost zero pain from my IPP surgery!! May have been because my shoulder was absolutely killing me for several months!! lol. Nice thing about it was I didn’t have to have any excuse for laying around the house and missing work and also didn’t return to work for 4 months! So was completely healed and well into use of IPP long before my shoulder was healed.

I am 14 months out now from surgery wearing my cock erect all the time day and night, maybe deflate once a week if that. Each morning and night and even in the car, I try to get more pumps in. I finally meaured again as I noticed difference in sensation on the shaft and I have expanced to 7.25 inch circumference mid shaft. I know the titan is supposed to expand in thickness but not length. That has been my experience but definitely took a while.

Return to “Implants”