Pump Failed, What is usually done next?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
peyroniesjr

Pump Failed, What is usually done next?

Postby peyroniesjr » Thu May 04, 2023 10:56 am

Good Morning Guys,

So my pump has failed & called my Dr's office in NYC. I talked to a few different persons. One that deals with Insurance & an other more clinical. It seems the insurance person said the Titan is covered by warranty, but the insurance with pickup the rest, but the thought of going the procedure, not looking forward to it.

When I maxed it out, the pump always dimpled, is that normal, was there not enough fluid in the reservoir. I gained about a little over an inch. Once i had no pain & no more stretching then I think it began to dimple.

Sounds like I would have to go to NYC to confirm that it's not working & proceed with checking with a heart doctor etc to move foreward on a revision.

Have any of you gone for any testing - cat scan etc to see why it's failing & then go forward. Would you go to the same doctor or someone more local.

I live in NH & would have to travel to NYC. have any of you had some testing local to say it failed & then gone to the original doctor.

I would hate to go to NYC for he doctor to just press the pump & say yur right the pump is failing.

Thanks

Junior
Implant Titan 2/21/2020 / 67 yrs / Married 44 yrs /ED / Peyronies 70 degrees - Xiaflex/ Low T / & RALP 4/1/2019 (Nerve Sparing)

wolfpacker

Re: Pump Failed, What is usually done next?

Postby wolfpacker » Thu May 04, 2023 1:10 pm

Assuming Dr Eid is your Dr in NYC, I would 100% do whatever he says and do whatever it takes to travel to his office especially since you aren't too far away in NH. Revision surgery is more difficult than the initial implant and Dr Eid is (in my opinion) the very best and most experienced implant surgeon.
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Daytripper

Postby Daytripper » Thu May 04, 2023 8:33 pm

Op over the years I've had several episodes where the Titan pump was giving me trouble and I thought it had given up the ghost only to have my doctors nurse practitioner spring it back to life.

If you press and hold down the deflate button while at the same time squeeze your cylinders does the bulb fill back up? Possible stuck valve.

When you press the bulb to inflate can you hear air like a gurgling sound or does it sound like is moving fluid? Possible leak in tubing.

This last note happend to me with a hard bulb that wouldnt inflate to remedy the technique used by the nurse practitioner was pressing the deflate button and the inflate bulb alternating very quickly between the two. I know the last example doesnt apply to you but what I learned its not always a catastrophic event when the pump quits working, sometimes they can be kick started back to service. Best of luck.
62 yrs old first implanted 9/4/2012 Titan OTR, lasted 10 years failed on 9/7/2022. Revision by Dr. Clavell 4/5/2023. 24cm + 1cm RTE's, Titan OTR. 110CC cloverleaf reservoir. Penoscrotal both times.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu May 04, 2023 9:21 pm

My Titan pump (2008) failed after 12 years, even though the implant had never been used for sex and was inflated only a couple of times a year. I checked with Dr Kramer and he said he could repair, replace, or remove it, or I could just forget about it. I chose the latter, and have had no issues with it at all
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu May 04, 2023 9:44 pm

Junior, I think a variation on Wolfpackers advice might be in order. Contact his office & see if they can reccomend some tests that can be preformed in your local area. I'm pretty sure that I remember him being open to that option with previous patients. Afterall, you have nothing to lose & lots to gain.
Good luck.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

peyroniesjr

Postby peyroniesjr » Fri May 05, 2023 3:04 pm

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the ideas, I tried holding the deflate button & going to the pump. I hear air at times, totally different sound than before. I will call Dr. Eid's office if any local Doctor to do some test to see what's going on here.

Thanks

Junior
Implant Titan 2/21/2020 / 67 yrs / Married 44 yrs /ED / Peyronies 70 degrees - Xiaflex/ Low T / & RALP 4/1/2019 (Nerve Sparing)

Return to “Implants”