8 implants and counting - 10/15/2015 UPDATE

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
hard drive

Re: Monday, Nov. 19th is the big day

Postby hard drive » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:46 pm

UPDATE:

Okay, the sent me home earlier than expected. I'm on antibiotics, morphine, and delauded (hydromorphone).

The surgury took 5 surgeons over 4 hours and what they did is scary to think about. 1st they made a long incision in my perineal area and removed the rod that was protruding through the rear portion of the corpora. Then they made a very long incision on my scrotum and removed scar tissue. Now here's the scary part, they then removed my glans to repair my damaged urethra (inside the Glans area). They had to use tissue from the glans to repair the wall near the tip where it was eroding. Now the left side of the Glans is about 1/4" shorter than the right, but it seems there was no other way.

Then they put me all back together and I'm a few cm shorter once again. I've lost about 3" since my first surgery :(

So far, I seem to be healing well. I'm happy the damage was repaired and I don't expect an infection due to extraordinary precautions and antibiotic post care. I'm not happy with all the loss of length but I guess I'll just have to accept it.

I expected to look freakish from the head surgery but it all looks pretty good (except that now my pee hole is on the left side of the glans and pointing to the left as well). Guess I'll stand sideways to to pee, or sit down.

That's about it, I'll post more as I progress. If I've made a bunch of typos, consider that I'm very drugged right now and can hardly read the screen.

Thanks to all... :)
harddrive

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:15 pm

I am glaqd to hear that you "survived" the ordeal. That was indeed a rough run. I hope that your recovery is as uneventful as mine has been to this point. I am 12 days ahead of you, but did not have the ordeal that you did. Worst report I got at the week two followup, was that I would have another two week course of Cipro. Hope things go even better for you.

I got an extra hour of surgery, two and a half instead of one and a half, but needed no pain medication; unbelievably good.

From what I read here, implant surgery is not routine even with the best outcomes.

My prayers for your and hoping you a speedy and as pain free as possible recovery. Pardon the bad joke at your expense, It sounds like your harddrive had a head crash.

Aren't we guys lucky though? It doesn't matter what the equipment looks like as long as it does its job!

Radiodec
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:32 pm

radiodec wrote:Aren't we guys lucky though? It doesn't matter what the equipment looks like as long as it does its job!

Radiodec

My recovery is going kind of slowly but so far, so good. Sadly radiodec the quote above doesn't always apply. Some women won't even touch you once they find out you're not circumcised, not even to mention an odd looking glans. On a good note, not all women are that way, including my wife.

I'll post any changes in my progress, and thanks for the prayers. I'll be very nervous the first time I use it. It's SO much shorter and I don't think my wife will respond well to that.
harddrive

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:34 pm

radiodec wrote:Aren't we guys lucky though? It doesn't matter what the equipment looks like as long as it does its job!

Radiodec

My recovery is going kind of slowly but so far, so good. Sadly radiodec the quote above doesn't always apply. Some women won't even touch you once they find out you're not circumcised, not even to mention an odd looking glans. On a good note, not all women are that way, including my wife.

I'll post any changes in my progress, and thanks for the prayers. I'll be very nervous the first time I use it. It's SO much shorter and I don't think my wife will respond well to that.
harddrive

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:22 pm

Harddrive,

I am sure that your wife will be glad just to have you back!

The kind of girls you mentioned as being put off by the items you mentioned sound too prissy for my tastes. I wonder if the comb the hair down there, and get "facelifts" for their nether regions?

Good luck an speedy healing. I am on my second course of CIpro here as my urologist doesn't want to take any chances on infection, he is almost paranoid about it. I call that a good thing.

Best wishes and hard times to come.

Radiodec
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:53 am

One Month Update:

Healing has been going pretty well with minimal swelling. Had a recent visit with my surgeon and discussed some issues.

1) The tip (hard tip) of the right cylinder is pointed down (like an old bent car or TV antenna) instead of pointing straight towards the tip of the penis. It hurts.

The doctor examined it and said he'd never seen that happen before and that it was perfect during the procedure. Contraction from scaring and multiple incision sites lilely cause this to happen during he healing process. The doctor said it should fix it's self once I start to inflate the device several times each day. This shoud streach out some of the tissues and hopefull reposition the tip. I can force it into position, but it's painful and won't stay that way over night while sleeping.

2) The pump is riding very high and poking out on the right side of my scrotum.

The Doc says I need to be pulling down on the pump on a regular basis. He told me not to worry about it, because once it's all healed, he can reposition the pump anywhere it needs to be in less that 20 minutes. We will adress this after all the other healing is done if needed.

New Problem, or newly noticed problem not discussed.

I had a particularly rough 48 hours with no sleep or rest. I've noticed some blood mixed into the urine. Also tonight I discovered that if I pull down on my pump (to reposition as advised), even gently, pink urine starts to flow (not drip) from my penis. I guess my blatter is leaking or something. I sat down and peed to get out all the urin and the problem stopped. No more leaking, but I'm worried about still having blood in the urine.

Does anyone think the blood in the urine is a major concenr? I would think that it would have stopped after a month.

Thoughts?
Last edited by hard drive on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harddrive

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:42 am

IMHO blood in the urine is ALWAYS something that should be discussed with your doctor ASAP.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

hard drive

Re: Monday, Nov. 19th is the big day-ONE MONTH UPDATE

Postby hard drive » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:05 am

rlm1818 wrote:IMHO blood in the urine is ALWAYS something that should be discussed with your doctor ASAP.

The difficulity is that he is located hours away from here, and I have no way to have direct conversation with him without driving up there. I'm going to send his office an email and hopefully he will be able to respond without requiring me to make the trip. Thanks for your reply.
harddrive

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:35 pm

rlm1818 wrote:IMHO blood in the urine is ALWAYS something that should be discussed with your doctor ASAP.

Okay, so I sent the information to my doctor through the VA's secure messen going system. I guess I'll just sit back and wait until I hear something.

I just got an email from my doctor and a call from his nurse. The Doc. says it doesn't seem normal at all to him, and I have to drive to Asheville early tomorrow so he can scope my bladder and pathways. Fingers crossed that it's not something to worry about. Prayers would be appreciated right now.

~Charles
harddrive

bluis6214

Re: Monday, Nov. 19th is the big day-ONE MONTH UPDATE

Postby bluis6214 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:59 pm

Charles,
I know I speak for all of us hear...many prayers for a speedy recovery. Keep us posted
Bluis.
55 years old. ED since 2002 total venous leakage after penile fracture. Tried all the pills and injections all failed to help. Some success with VED, but felt too unnatural to both of us, seldom used. Implanted 06/21/12. Trying to wear IT out.

Return to “Implants”