For those with an implant how many years has it lasted you with everyday use?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Bwtbbb

Re: For those with an implant how many years has it lasted you with everyday use?

Postby Bwtbbb » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:01 am

lewisbl wrote:
Jage64 wrote:
lewisbl wrote:My first implant was the LGX and it lasted 3 years. My second implant was the CX it lasted for 4 years. I am waiting on a replacement right now. I used my implants every day and some days multiple times. The most I used it was about 4 times in one day. I put them through the test by using them.

I'm curious as to why your doctor installs so many RTEs, could that be a factor in their failure? From what I've read, minimizing RTEs is the best outcome, and many doctors state this publicly.

18+4 and 18+5. Seems like a 21+1 and a 23+0 would have been preferred. Does you doc give you a reason why he adds so many RTEs and doesn't just go with one the "proper" size? I say "proper" in quotes because there very well could be an excellent reason he does what he does, he's the doc, I'm certainly not.

He said that the pump connections would not reach that's why he had to go with the 18CM cylinders and the 4/5CM RTEs. He will have to use 24CM cylinders are longer this time. Coloplast has the correct cylinders, but he claims that AMS is the best implant.

You should use a better surgeon next time

Gt1956

Re: For those with an implant how many years has it lasted you with everyday use?

Postby Gt1956 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:45 am

Bwtbbb wrote:
lewisbl wrote:
Jage64 wrote:I'm curious as to why your doctor installs so many RTEs, could that be a factor in their failure? From what I've read, minimizing RTEs is the best outcome, and many doctors state this publicly.
18+4 and 18+5. Seems like a 21+1 and a 23+0 would have been preferred. Does you doc give you a reason why he adds so many RTEs and doesn't just go with one the "proper" size? I say "proper" in quotes because there very well could be an excellent reason he does what he does, he's the doc, I'm certainly not.

He said that the pump connections would not reach that's why he had to go with the 18CM cylinders and the 4/5CM RTEs. He will have to use 24CM cylinders are longer this time. Coloplast has the correct cylinders, but he claims that AMS is the best implant.

You should use a better surgeon next time

A better surgeon won't help if his anatomy puts the tubing exiting his tunica in a bad place. Seems obvious that he is one of the few men that are always going to require a lot of RTE's. It does happen.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Juerhareb

Postby Juerhareb » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:19 pm

lewisbl wrote:My first implant was the LGX and it lasted 3 years. My second implant was the CX it lasted for 4 years. I am waiting on a replacement right now. I used my implants every day and some days multiple times. The most I used it was about 4 times in one day. I put them through the test by using them.

Sorry for the quesitos. Hoy many days off from your work did you need for the revisions
?
Late twenties. ED since very early twenties. Unable to have sex.
Implanted 20-03-2024 AMS LGX 21+3 cm. Dr Juan Ignacio Martínez Salamanca (Spain).

Transit74

Postby Transit74 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:19 pm

7 years
AMS 700
Dr Eid

dsawan

Postby dsawan » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:26 am

Hrc714 wrote:3 years for me. When I look across posts on this forum, I only find one user who lasted upwards of 15 years, and he claimed never to use it. I do see many with multiple revisions over the span of less than 10 years. It could be that early failures is what brings users to FT, and as such we are not a valid sample space. For myself I can say I was a reader and contributor before my 3 year failure.

Do you find a difference between coloplat and ams in regid state?
Last edited by dsawan on Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:42 pm

My Titan lasted 12 years. It was never used for sex, and was inflated maybe fwo or three tmes a year.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:38 pm

dg_moore wrote:My Titan lasted 12 years. It was never used for sex, and was inflated maybe fwo or three tmes a year.

hi dg moore, in these 12 years you inflated 2/3 times a year, did it seem to lose dimension inflating it only 2/3 times a year?
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:58 pm

4 years, 7 months and it still works perfectly. Now, I just need a body implant to go with it.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:05 pm

frank66665 wrote:
dg_moore wrote:My Titan lasted 12 years. It was never used for sex, and was inflated maybe fwo or three tmes a year.

hi dg moore, in these 12 years you inflated 2/3 times a year, did it seem to lose dimension inflating it only 2/3 times a year?

Not that I noticed, but that was not a concern for me in any cass.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:23 pm

dg_moore wrote:
frank66665 wrote:

Not that I noticed, but that was not a concern for me in any cass.

no, just to understand to what extent it is useful to ride a bicycle, I think that after 1 year it is no longer necessary to systematically ride a bicycle 2 times a day, I believe that 4/5 times a week may be enough, he never told me my opinion surgeon that I have to go 2 times a day for life
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Return to “Implants”