Guys, get that Prostate checked regularly.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
LMCatman

Re: Guys, get that Prostate checked regularly.

Postby LMCatman » Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:08 pm

Concur. If I'd skipped my annual physical 13ish years ago, I'd have been dead for 12ish years by now. I had no symptoms, no enlarged prostate, no getting up at night to pee but went from no cancer to aggressive prostate cancer in just over a year. DON'T SKIP YOUR ANNUAL PHYSICAL! Mine saved my life!

Good luck guys!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

retexan599

Re: Guys, get that Prostate checked regularly.

Postby retexan599 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:59 pm

I had those radioactive seeds implanted in 1999 after a biopsy indicated a small (<10%) cancer in one of six biopsy samples. There was little chance that it would have spread, and I felt the seed route was more efficient and effective, with less side effects. Follow-up PSA tests showed a rapid decline, asymptoting to undetectable after a couple of years and undetectable ever since. I was age 62 at the time and my pre-seeding PSA was around 7.0. There was no impact on erections or urination during the next few years. In time, age (now 85) and the impact of antidepressant medications has pretty much defeated the natural erections (so I use a vacuum pump which works wonders). So, I am in agreement with the OP advice to get regular PSA and prostate checkups. And to consider all forms of treatment, surgery is not the only choice.
Age 86, divorced, single.
Prostate seed implant radiation (brachytherapy) 1999.
Like a ship without sailors: 'No seaman'. ;)
No implant.
Use electric Encore Impo-Aid vacuum system. #4 & 5 size cock rings.
Generic water based lube.

Return to “Implants”