Which doctors are really good at repairing issues with existing implants?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
CardboardBox

Which doctors are really good at repairing issues with existing implants?

Postby CardboardBox » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:54 pm

Long story short, my implant tips are screwed up. I'm not sure if this is because they were placed incorrectly during surgery, if I didn't deflate enough when cycling after surgery, if one tip is shorter than the other, or if it's simply because the head of my penis was too small to "fit" implant tips so to speak--or maybe some combination of all of these issues, I'm not sure. Either way, I'm not satisfied with my implant. My left tip is essentially poking out from under my glans, and with very little flesh covering it, it pokes into me during sex and while flaccid, causing pain during sex and discomfort during my daily life.

I've seen numerous urologists about this--although the only "top doc" I saw was Jeffery Loh-Doyle at USC--and for every urologist I've gotten a different answer as to why my implant tips are the way they are and what could be done about it. The general consensus seems to be that I'm not at risk of erosion and that I shouldn't take action unless the pain/discomfort grows to a level I am unsatisfied with. I'd say that I've reached that point.

This forum spends a lot of time discussing the top docs when it comes to initial implantation, but I'm specifically wondering about who to see for repairs and fixing issues that might be unique. You could be a great high-volume implanter, but I'm specifically looking for someone who has delt with a lot of implant problems--who has thorough knowledge of the implant and the penis and all the surgical techniques and developments that could be used to solve unique problems. Any suggestions?
23 years old -- Implanted with AMS LGX in fall 2019.
Dealing with glans hypermobility, tips are uneven, poke in to me during sex and while flaccid, causing discomfort.

Gt1956

Re: Which doctors are really good at repairing issues with existing implants?

Postby Gt1956 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:09 pm

Sorry for your problem. My post might not bring you any comfort but perhaps might give you some insight into what one member had done.
I do remember a FT member that had some kind of issue with his tips. Perhaps it was minor erosion. In his case, the surgeon placed a fabric or mesh over the tip to spread the pressure over a wider area. If I recall correctly, an incision was made somewhere close to the base of his glans.
Perhaps this might give you enough clues in order to search FT for the affected member.
I sympathize with you, painful sex is not fun. Good luck.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

CardboardBox

Postby CardboardBox » Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:17 pm

Gt1956 wrote:Sorry for your problem. My post might not bring you any comfort but perhaps might give you some insight into what one member had done.
I do remember a FT member that had some kind of issue with his tips. Perhaps it was minor erosion. In his case, the surgeon placed a fabric or mesh over the tip to spread the pressure over a wider area. If I recall correctly, an incision was made somewhere close to the base of his glans.
Perhaps this might give you enough clues in order to search FT for the affected member.
I sympathize with you, painful sex is not fun. Good luck.

Thanks for the input! I've heard of mesh being used to repair implant tips at risk of erosion before, and it might be the route I end up going, but that's why I really want to find a doctor I can trust with repairs to tell me what I need to do to fix the issue. I'll keep searching FT though!

Thank you.
23 years old -- Implanted with AMS LGX in fall 2019.
Dealing with glans hypermobility, tips are uneven, poke in to me during sex and while flaccid, causing discomfort.

Craigohbig

Postby Craigohbig » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:04 pm

Eid
42 ED for 9 years vl after a fall. Pre implant 8 1/4 bp x 6 1/8 ish
Clavell titan 26+1 rte…post op very excited: 8 5/8” x 6 1/4” (7” base)
Starting to lose some length

Odecko

Postby Odecko » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:13 pm

I have not had a repair...But I hear HAKKY is another good one...
53 yrs old...Widowed at age 34 after 10 years; remarried at 41. Diagnosed with PC at 47. Tried Pills, VED, & Injections & all failed. Dec/2021 - Coloplast Titan XL 24 cm + 1 cm RTE penoscrotal. (Hakky)NOW- LIFE IS GOOD!

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:08 pm

I would also recommend Dr Eid for your situation. He's very precise in getting both cylinders to be the correct length.

Several of us here, including me, have different lengths on left and right so that the tips are exactly even in the glans. I have a 20cm on left side and 21cm on the right.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

HikerMan

Postby HikerMan » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:49 am

CardboardBox wrote:Long story short, my implant tips are screwed up. I'm not sure if this is because they were placed incorrectly during surgery, if I didn't deflate enough when cycling after surgery, if one tip is shorter than the other, or if it's simply because the head of my penis was too small to "fit" implant tips so to speak--or maybe some combination of all of these issues, I'm not sure. Either way, I'm not satisfied with my implant. My left tip is essentially poking out from under my glans, and with very little flesh covering it, it pokes into me during sex and while flaccid, causing pain during sex and discomfort during my daily life.

I've seen numerous urologists about this--although the only "top doc" I saw was Jeffery Loh-Doyle at USC--and for every urologist I've gotten a different answer as to why my implant tips are the way they are and what could be done about it. The general consensus seems to be that I'm not at risk of erosion and that I shouldn't take action unless the pain/discomfort grows to a level I am unsatisfied with. I'd say that I've reached that point.

This forum spends a lot of time discussing the top docs when it comes to initial implantation, but I'm specifically wondering about who to see for repairs and fixing issues that might be unique. You could be a great high-volume implanter, but I'm specifically looking for someone who has delt with a lot of implant problems--who has thorough knowledge of the implant and the penis and all the surgical techniques and developments that could be used to solve unique problems. Any suggestions?

Hey, brother.
My Doctor (Jeffrey Loh Doyle) disclosed to me that a good chunk of his practice
Is doing revisions and and corrections on others work.

He may be someone you want to speak with.
Best wishes.
AMS 700 installed 12/22/22
REAR TIP Extender 5.0CM MR Conditional
AMS 700 SPHERICAL RESERVOIR 100 ML.
AMS 700 LGX INFRA PUBIC 18 cm
Dr. Jeffrey Loh Doyle- USC KECK
Prostate cancer survivor- RP performed 8/20
56, Marathon runner, John Muir Trail fanatic.

Return to “Implants”