Misoprostol for Glans Engorgement revisited

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
crazyjoe

Misoprostol for Glans Engorgement revisited

Postby crazyjoe » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:58 pm

There have been posts in the past about misoprostol -- I looked into it and found some very positive findings in a scientific study.

Drawn from the conclusions was the following:

Results of these treatments on the subjects were compared (see Table 5). According to Table 5, results from the application of misoprostol on the glans penis or the urethra were clearly superior, compared with those of intraurethral application of alprostadil and intracavernosal injection or papaverine. These were approximately equal to intracavernosal injection of alprostadil. Compared to results obtained, using other methods, e.g. alprostadil for intraurethral use, the pharmacological results of misoprostol were stronger and had a greater durability, plus significantly lower cost. It is notable that although in all cases the same dose was applied (approx. 800 &mgr;g) so that results could be evaluated, several subjects responded satisfactorily to lower doses (100-200 &mgr;g).

link to the study -- if anyone knows of a source for this gel, please post. Thank you.

https://patents.justia.com/patent/6589990
75, used pills, injections -- all lost effectiveness. Titan implanted by Eid in Feb '22.

dradamas

Re: Misoprostol for Glans Engorgement revisited

Postby dradamas » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:13 pm

First I've heard of it. I just got some alprostadil (PGE1) intraurethral gel for glans engorgement from my Urologist. I will ask about this misoprostol next visit.
I had been using the Muse formulation but it's no longer available apparently.
Nov 2014 AMS 700 LGX 18cm+3RTE Length gain 0.5 cm
Nov 2019 AMS 700 CX
Edward Karpman Both
Last follow up Apr 2021

Return to “Implants”