Infrapubic/penoscrotal healing and revisions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
seekonk

Infrapubic/penoscrotal healing and revisions

Postby seekonk » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:38 pm

Ì am getting closer to a decision on whether to do an implant. I am seeing a surgeon soon who does penoscrotal implants. I am however still wondering if an infrapubic implant might be better in my case and any opinions would be welcome.

Is healing from infrapubic implants quicker and less painful, as usually advertised? I am really worried about this aspect because I'm unfortunately a slow healer and have a history of pain from injuries becoming chronic.

How about revisions compared between the two methods?

Scott61

Re: Infrapubic/penoscrotal healing and revisions

Postby Scott61 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:53 pm

Dr. Eid has a real good write up on his website about why he prefers the penoscrotal method. It made me decide that's what I would prefer. My doctor prefers the infrapubic but I'm also getting a sling so he's going to use the penoscrotal. He said there would be a little more swelling this way.

Floridaspeedo

Postby Floridaspeedo » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:46 pm

21days post penoscrotal. I evaluated 2 doctors in Miami 1 infrapubic and the other penoscrotal. Spoke to patients from both. I went penoscrotal which needs more healing and is more painful but I look perfect. A couple of infrapubic I could see their tube running down the side of shaft.

Ask.
ED survivor 5 years. Tried pills, Gainswave, PRP, Bi-Mix/Tri Mix (worked 50% but very painful for 24 hours after injection.) 55 Gay - Single Titan Coloplast implanted June 1st, 2022, scrotal in Miami by Dr Billy Cordone..,very happy. Zero regrets

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:09 pm

I'm not sure I'd agree with this, at least not in my case:

needs more healing and is more painful
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:11 am

i spoke to my surgeon the other day during an appointment....he has a strong opinion that penoscrotal is far better because tubing will not have to drape arund the base of the penis (remember, with infrapubic, tubes come out from the top of your shaft, so they might be felt by the partner during sex. With peno-scrotal, tubes are coming out, far back, from the bottome of the shaft---so, not going to be felt by the partner. Also, supposedly, length maybe can be better with peno-scrotal
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:58 pm

seekonk wrote:Ì am getting closer to a decision on whether to do an implant. I am seeing a surgeon soon who does penoscrotal implants. I am however still wondering if an infrapubic implant might be better in my case and any opinions would be welcome.

Is healing from infrapubic implants quicker and less painful, as usually advertised? I am really worried about this aspect because I'm unfortunately a slow healer and have a history of pain from injuries becoming chronic.

How about revisions compared between the two methods?

the answer depends at least 90 percent on your doc. I had both penoscrotal and infrapubic. neither were done right. penoscrotal is usually about a one inch vertical cut centered. mine was about 3 inches horizontal and very high at the base of my penis. my second penoscrotal was normal and I insisted on surgical glue instead of stiches. so instead of frankenweinie that took weeks to heal i went home and took a bath. my infrapubic was a vertical cut right hrough my fat pad. it still itches today. should have been horizontal just above my shaft. My infrapubic had both stitches and staples. So that was an extra trip to the doc to remove those staples. I assume that usually they cut infrapubic in the crease of your skin around the base of your penis. That would have been ok. My frankenweinie penoscrotal took about 2 weeks even though it was much longer than normal. My second penoscrotal to move my pump was sealed with glue. Instant healing. Ask for that to be sure. No worries about external infections after you leave surgery.
Last edited by DougAnd on Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

ViaSwiss

Postby ViaSwiss » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:07 am

I've had both done. IP was a much faster healing time, but I was short changed due to it being IP. My revision was PS which had longer healing time, but I ended up with 5cm longer cylinders.
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

bionicbrother

Postby bionicbrother » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:56 am

I had infrapubic healing is definitely quicker. I had circumcision too so it took me 4 weeks in total ( you cannot see any scars and no pain at all) otherwise Infrapubic can be healed and ready to go in 3 weeks as advertised( depends on overall health condition)
40 yrs old. Have ED and PE all my life. Never had penetrative sex all my life. Tried almost all kinds of options( pills, injections, natural therapies etc. Turned Bionic on May 17'22 with Titan by Dr.Karpman infrapubic approach.16cm+2 RTE

Return to “Implants”