Coloplast Titan versus AMS 700

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
evank64052

Re: Coloplast Titan versus AMS 700

Postby evank64052 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:33 pm

I'm with SteveSW on this one. Your physiology will determine your dog ear concern. I have a Titan but based on how I'm built don't have a "flat" appearance, even un-inflated. I had been on a script for trimix which initially the urologist showed me how to inject but after about a year, nothing. My venous leak was so bad it would flush the trimix out as fast as I could inject it. My Urologist could do AMS or Colo but knowing the effect of how the trimix worked originally had a good eval of what I needed for an implant. He told me upfront that my larger girth and length required the Titan. I would recommend VED before your surgery. Not to get you a bigger size but to open up the tissue and doctors ease of implanting.

The only negative that I can think of is the scrotum. The additional pump takes up room that can become uncomfortable during long sitting periods. I find myself arching my back while sitting. It lifts the scrotum slightly to move the pump and tubing. I did not have a scrotum reduction at the time of implant, so it is what it is.

Minnesota

Postby Minnesota » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:17 pm

Candidly, this thread and question makes me cringe. It's as if we were picking out what car to drive based on what preferences we have or want.

My opinion on the topic, if your doctor can't explain why a certain implant is best for you or which to go with, find a different doctor. Some are motivated by medical device contracts, but you should be fully aware of their success rates and experience with both lines.

In my case, I'm younger so an original titan pump is best vs. The OTR. Getting that kind of pump would just be something not beneficial given my hand strength. (as a feature example)

Pau1pau1 wrote:I’m 4.5 weeks in and have a Titan. I can tell you it’s not at all comfortable wearing any pants.
Hurts like hell after a few hours. Praying it will loosen up in coming months , or I will be paying to take it out and have a ams installed .
Unless you are lacking in girth I would go ams.

My first implant wasn't able to pump/deflate until week 8, and it wasn't pain free until about week 12 for usage. I'm really not sure why you would give someone else such a firm a recommendation this early, especially fully recommending a different implant like that. I'm sorry you're having difficulty Pau1, I'm not a doctor and this isn't medical advice, but patience has worked well for me in both of my surgeries. Week 5 felt significantly different than week 12.
Diagnosed with ED at age of 19, Implanted with Coloplast Titan at age 20. Now 34 (2023)
Titan failed 09/2020, replaced on 10/2/2020 by Kolher @ Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

HappyAgain

Postby HappyAgain » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:08 pm

I have a titan and I have had no issues whatsoever. I have an erection that would last a weekend, gained girth and sex is as awesome as it was before.

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:56 pm

After developing ED Post-Prostatectomy, I was implanted with the Coloplast Titan IPP (Inflatable Penile Prosthesis) in 2007 which completely corrected my ED, restored my confidence and still works perfectly! I would do it again in a heartbeat!!
Hope this is helpful.
Bob

gjmjoe017

Postby gjmjoe017 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:43 am

I have a Titan and love it!Pretty stiff and uncomfortable in the beginning but softened up at about four months and very comfortable now!
71 yrs.old married,ED for 7 yrs.Pills for 3 yrs,TriMix for 21/2 yrs.6 1/2 inches flacid,71/4 inches erect,6 inches girth.Coloplast Titan put in 11/13/20,Dr.Bozeman,Arkansas Urology,Little Rock.22cm + 2 RTE.

Musson

Postby Musson » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:30 pm

It would be interesting to gain a woman’s perspective on preference, either someone whose husband was revised with the other or a woman with multiple partners of equal proportions.
63yr old. PDwith 40% dor. Curve. Pre-PD 7”x6”.lost 2 in. due to PD. ED prior to PD. Switched from Sildalifil to Trimix Nov 2023 . Currently titrating Trimix for optimization.

Return to “Implants”