Life span on implants

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: Life span on implants

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:57 pm

frank66665 wrote:all implant doctors say that today's implants last longer than those of a few years ago, no one asked why in detail?

Manufacturers improve their products as information about shortcomings are known. Coloplast has revised its pumps a number of times in search of betterment (I avoided use of the word "perfection"). AMS instituted their antiseptic coating to reduce the incidence of infection in search of betterment.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:03 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
frank66665 wrote:all implant doctors say that today's implants last longer than those of a few years ago, no one asked why in detail?

Manufacturers improve their products as information about shortcomings are known. Coloplast has revised its pumps a number of times in search of betterment (I avoided use of the word "perfection"). AMS instituted their antiseptic coating to reduce the incidence of infection in search of betterment.

based on your knowledge if you were to implant yourself today what would you implant yourself
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:53 pm

frank66665 wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:

based on your knowledge if you were to implant yourself today what would you implant yourself

The longevity - service life question would not factor into it (with the knowledge I have now). It I researched and found a substantial difference between AMS and Coloplast devices, that stand may change.

The differences between the pump operation, antibiotic/antiseptic coatings, connectors and such also have little bearing on my choice, either.

The first surgeon I went to said I was a good candidate for the AMS LGX. When I went back to him again, he changed his suggestion to Coloplast Titan (my stretched size was 6", which also matched my erection size). He never explained why he changed his mind.

I have been very satisfied with my LGX but might have preferred the Coloplast Titan, despite the wrinkles when flaccid. Partly because I don't think the wrinkles would be much of a factor since I habitually wear my penis pointed up rather than hanging down. I am informed that more girth is more satisfying to most women.

Short answer to your question, though, is that it is still a toss-up (as it was with my first implant) and I would depend a great deal on the expertise of my surgeon to help guide me in our decision.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:39 pm

frank66665 wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:

as you know I'm Italian, I don't know English and going abroad to do the system is a problem for me, so informing me on the web the best in Italy seems to be gabriele antonini, he's doing an escaletion of advertising on his youtube channel, then I saw his videos at least 2/3 times, in his videos he says that a good surgeon chooses the implant based on the patient's anatomy, and advertises ams at full blast, in September I went to him to do the implant and tells me without visiting me that I will implant a titan coloplast, this has left me perplexed, what could I tell her? sorry doctor ... but you say in your videos that the implant is decided after seeing the patient's anatomy?
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:39 pm

I very much agree with everything lost sheep has said.

Coloplast and Titan are both great implants. What is far more important than the implant manufacturer, is the ability of your surgeon to get the device installed perfectly. In other words, your satisfaction as a customer will depend 90% on how good of a job your surgeon does and 10% on the characteristics of the manufacturer

So, you likely should just listen to your surgeon regarding which device to get.

PS: that being said, I specifically went for titan since it has bigger girth (and that would be a typical man's response to desire anything that would have a size advantage)
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:13 pm

All my surgeons sucked (IMHO)!
But for reference, I downloaded this some time ago and wanted to post it for anyone wondering about malleables....
For me, I had the Genesis. IMHO again, go for the Rigicon that bends 135 degrees and lasts a lifetime!
Attachments
Implant Malleable_bendability comparisons copy.jpg
Implant Malleable_bendability comparisons copy.jpg (770.5 KiB) Viewed 692 times
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Pamen116

Postby Pamen116 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:13 pm

Agfa13 wrote:All my surgeons sucked (IMHO)!
But for reference, I downloaded this some time ago and wanted to post it for anyone wondering about malleables....
For me, I had the Genesis. IMHO again, go for the Rigicon that bends 135 degrees and lasts a lifetime!

Am I wrong to assume that with the non inflatables you’ll lose significant girth?
30 yrs old. Current IPP failed in 2022. Waiting revision. No insurance. I’ve had both Titan & AMS.

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:26 am

Is there a list somewhere with all our names on it? :lol:

I’m up to 6 :) years
Still bangin away
Last edited by Smetro on Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:48 am

Pamen116 wrote:Am I wrong to assume that with the non inflatables you’ll lose significant girth?

There are a lot of variables.

What girth before implant?
Does the surgeon use the "tissue sparing" techinque
How much spongiosum tissue do you have outside the tunica?

For sure, you will gain no girth when inflating, because there is no inflating a malleable, but sexual excitement usually engorges your spongiosum. Sometimes the cavernosum tissues get involved, too if the tissue-sparing technique was used, but this is not something to count on.

But you will probably have a bit less girth than you had with a good erection. But remember, you don't have those any more.

An inflated inflatable is almost certain to give you more girth than any malleable that you might be fitted with.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Endoftheline

Postby Endoftheline » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:50 am

Lost Sheep wrote:
Pamen116 wrote:Am I wrong to assume that with the non inflatables you’ll lose significant girth?

There are a lot of variable.

What girth before implant?
Does the surgeon use the "tissue sparing" techinque
How much spongiosum tissue do you have outside the tunica?

For sure, you will gain no girth when inflating, because there is no inflating a malleable, but sexual excitement usually engorges your spongiosum. Sometimes the cavernosum tissues get involved, too if the tissue-sparing technique was used, but this is not something to count on.

But you will probably have a bit less girth than you had with a good erection. But remember, you don't have those any more.

An inflated inflatable is almost certain to give you more girth than any malleable that you might be fitted with.

I heard a malleable could be used to preserve size between 2 IPP installations. That probably means you will lose some girth right :/
29 years old and suffered from ED for over 16 years
I had hard flaccid (Potentially Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction) , turned to long flaccid after priaprism incident.
implanted June 24 2022
24 cm XL Titan
L: 5.7 G: 5.0 (no arousal)
L:6.5 G:5.3 (aroused)

Return to “Implants”