Waiting on Tech Rep for Scheduling

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
radiodec

Waiting on Tech Rep for Scheduling

Postby radiodec » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:52 pm

I have decided to take the plunge and go for an implant. To much time with ED from RP. Shots are no longer work reliably so I will go for it.

I am here more than a little nervous about the whole thing but still glad I went ahead and said I would opt for the implant, probably AMS 700 LGX unless biology interferes. The surgeon thinks that I am a very good candidate though. Dr. Morris in Hendersonville, TN will be the surgeon. For me this is new though, having to coordinate surgery schedule with Tech Rep from AMS. I would imagine that that might improve quality control on results.

Wish me luck on the case of nerves waiting on the date to be set and then waiting on the date. Want things to happen and quickly but nervous just the same.

David
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

Bionic_by_AMS

Re: Waiting on Tech Rep for Scheduling

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:39 pm

radiodec wrote:For me this is new though, having to coordinate surgery schedule with Tech Rep from AMS. I would imagine that that might improve quality control on results.

Dave the "tech rep" is typical ... as they are there during the surgery (they bring all the parts required) since Hospitals do not normally stock Implants in house.

I had the AMS 700 LGX installed (June 2012) and couldn't be happier ... no size loss, (actually gained flaccid) and it's great to be "back in the saddle" again.

Good luck on your Implant and keep us posted of your progress ...
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:35 am

Dave,

I underwent the Coloplast Titan Penile Implant Procedure in De cember 2007 after developing ED Post-Prostatectomy in 2004. The Titan completely corrected my ED and restored both my sex life and the emotional intimacy with my wife of
45 years --- I can say that for me personally it also restored my manhood.
I wish the same for you.
A Coloplast Surgical Rep is in the OR for every Titan Implant Procedure to insure the best outcome.

Best of Luck,

Bob

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:47 am

Hey, thanks guys, I love the encouragement.

Now may I prevail upon you to listien to some of my silly attempts at humor. It is late and i am having a small attack of nerves; joking helps.

Looking at my career kind of mimic some of my health. Started my computing carreer in hardware. Gradually drifted in software! Current job started working with erection drawing programs, but now am working with legacy estiation software.

Maybe I should move my career to embedded devices; that way I would be working with firmware.

Or better yet have gone with the family occupation of trucking; that way I would be even happier to get a new Peter Built.

Hope that ramble wasn't too awful, it sure helped my nerves.

Thanks,

David
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

antelope

Postby antelope » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:30 am

Great narrative and great attitude, Dave! Keep it up!

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:34 am

Now somethings more serious.

I know from reading on this board and others the your stretched flacid length is a somewhat predictor of you ultimate size. Now guys how do you get a guess when that size changes from measurement to measurement. The measurement is all with the same rounded end ruler pressed to the bone but numbers vary from 5 to 6-1/4 depending on time of day and how relaxed it is. The more relaxed the longer. Split the difference? Take the longer? Take the shorter? The shorter will be OK, but the uncertaintiy factor is large.

I know the after surgery size and condition will take some getting used to in the flacid state. I have always been somewhat of a turtle, even in my prime. Growing from about 2-1/2 to about 6-1/2 when ready for action. Now even relaxed it will have good size, that will be change. That is an adjustment for both my wife and me. Guess I will have to adjust to a bulge in my pants! Of course if that is my only adjustment and problem from the surgery, I will be quite pleased.

When you first really commit, all kinds of things hit you strangely. On the Sunday before I was to go to the Urologist to confirm things, the scripture for the Sunday School class was from First Peter!

Dave

antelope

Postby antelope » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:33 am

Love the scripture reference!

BTW, I think the biggest "getting used to" after the implant will be a hard dick on command. Nice, eh?

G
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:44 am

Hi Bob1138,

You state "A Coloplast Surgical Rep is in the OR for every Titan Implant Procedure to insure the best outcome."

Interesting, as that's the first time I've heard that, and I've been reading just about all the posts here for over a year. It's my impression you're somehow affiliated with or employed by Coloplast. Right? What does the Rep do "to insure the best outcome"? What does he do that the surgeon doesn't do, or know how to do, on his own?

I'm quite positive that there was no Coloplast Rep present during my surgery (22cm Coloplast Titan OTR) last Feb. And, I feel like I had a great outcome.

I don't want to sound negative in any way, but if I had thought that my surgeon needed a Coloplast Rep present to insure the best outcome, I think I would have found another surgeon. I can understand having a Coloplast rep present when the surgeon doesn't have much experience. But for highly experienced surgeons, what does the Rep add?
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

danny1553

Postby danny1553 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:02 am

radiodec wrote:The measurement is all with the same rounded end ruler pressed to the bone but numbers vary from 5 to 6-1/4 depending on time of day and how relaxed it is. The more relaxed the longer.

Hi Dave
Yes this is quite a factor. My best length is after using the traction device (aka extender) that I am using daily. So whenever my surgery is going to take place I am going to use the extender an hour or so before the actual surgery. This way there is more chance the dick will be relaxed and expandable during the measurement. Other option might be the VED.
Ask your doctor if it is OK to use an extender or VED right before the surgery.

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:08 pm

Well it is lunch time for me so caught up on my reading. The Tech Rep thing doesn't sound too out of line. My wife a nerve stimulator implant to control her incontinence problem and a Tech Rep was there when it was done. Her urologist does many of this type operation and a couple more at least that day. Still the Tech Rep was there. Maybe in the litigious age it is for device manufacturer safety.

On to lighter topics, This past saturday I was at the theatre and up came the preview for Franken Weanie. With an appointment to discuss an implant coming up on Tuesday, one can imagine the thoughts. "Its Alive!"

I have one more, at least, urologist appointment before the surgery date. Tests, medical history, and some pre-admission stuff. I will let you all know when "D" or is that "I" day is.

David

Return to “Implants”