Implant on Mon 21st at 8am.. starting to get nervous

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Tingbudong

Implant on Mon 21st at 8am.. starting to get nervous

Postby Tingbudong » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:27 am

Hi all.. Type one diabetic w ED for about 12 years.. Im about to be 50 yrs old in a month. Went through pills, injections, a vaccuum pump which doesn't really work do to scar tissue from the trimix. Now its time for the final solution.

Im getting it done by Dr Knoll in Nashville. I was denied by three insurance companies, even though its clear complication of my diabetes. It was very frustrating to go through everything and be ready to go ahead and then be denied again and again, meanwhile my marriage has really suffered. Right now we are doing pretty well though.. hopefully getting this part back will bring us the rest of the way back to where we were before.

I’m getting a 3 part inflatable, AMS unit…

Anyway, questions…

After my surgery, I have to drive back to Nashville for my follow up the following morning (wife will drive me) but I’m wondering how I will do with climbing stairs same day and then next morning. Should we rig something downstairs to sleep on that first night?

Knoll says he can scrape out some of that scar tissue thats causing a portion of my shaft to be quite a bit smaller than i used to be. Anyone have any experience w this or can speak to it at all? How well did it work?

After recovery, can you squeeze out a “keegal” and make your junk bounce? I used to do that inside her and she would squeeze me back, God I miss being able to do things like that…

When people talk about losing size and then how much they gain back over time from proper cycling and cycling w the vacuum pump, are they talki g about pre-ED size or gaining back to the atrophied size they were at prior to surgery? I’m really hoping that cycling hard until i cry like a little girl while pumping until i bruise will allow me to get back if not close to my pre-ED size, at least to a point bigger than Ive been w a half ass vaccuum and a few rings that still leave me losing blood every time my wife clenches down on me until I may or may not finish w a softy and she for sure doesnt.. plus w the scar tissue inhibitting my stretch, i am a good bit smallwr right now than i used to be. What do you guys think? Im definitely willing to do the work and I have a high pain tolerance.. Once you bounce down the road at over 50 mph after high siding a motorcycle and heal back up from severe road rash over arms legs, back etc, your definition of pain really becomes sort of a relative thing.. plus my wife is a much younger, drop dead gorgeous former Chinese model, I met while working as a shoe designer in China. So.. Im REALLY motivated to get my mojo back, as you can imagine.

You guys are awesome, I have read books worth of posts on this forum. Im so glad to have found this site. Your stories and shares have given me more confidence and motivation to get this done than I can possibly express. I will be sure to pay it forward by posting as many updates and as much info about my progress as I can over the next months.

Thanx!

Tingbudong

(BTW, “ting bu dong” means ‘I listen but dont understand what youre saying’ in Chinese, it was my best phrase when I first me my wife)

Dlareg

Re: Implant on Mon 21st at 8am.. starting to get nervous

Postby Dlareg » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:35 am

I can only answer your first question since I'm only four days post surgery. I had no problem with stairs or walking on surgery day or the day after. I, too have the attitude to aggressively attack cycling when allowed but my new-found perspective of actually experiencing soreness in that area has given me a sense that slow and steady might be better. Good luck to you.
AMS 700 18cm +2 rte Feb 2022 (under sized)
Titan 20cm +2 rte Jul 2022
59 yo, married since 1985
Ed since 2009, pills, injections both worked until they didn't.

artful todger

Postby artful todger » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:42 am

I travelled across london on the day after surgery. Quite a long walk then 2 underground trains and 1 overground. i think the meds they give you for the opp and post opp helped with this. When they wore off i was more sore and bruised, but stairs have never been a problem. 7 days since opp.

Good luck
Peyronies since december 2017. 80 degree curve and shrinkage. Tried every supplement, traction and VED.
implant surgery 11th feb 2022 london with prof ralph.
Titan 22cm with 1 cm rte

Craigdwill

Postby Craigdwill » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:11 am

I don’t think you’ll have any problems with stairs. It doesn’t strain your groin to walk up stairs. I was fine with it. I did sleep downstairs (our bedroom is upstairs) on the couch the first night only because I had a catheter and drainage tube, a lot to haul around. But I was back upstairs the next night. YES, you can do Kegels!! Your pelvic muscles are not affected. I’m doing them right now! I do them when I’m pumped up just to get some extra stretching in. Just as easy to do as ever.

Please check with your doctor about vacuum devices. I know a lot of guys on here swear by them, but my surgeon said absolutely not. You can damage your implant. Maybe other guy’s doctors said it was OK. That’s fine. Believe your doctor. But think of this: Your implant is REALLY stretching you to the max from the inside. It’s stretching as far as your erectile tissue will allow. So how much more is a vacuum device going to add to that? In my opinion, nothing. What it could do is rupture your implant.

I know you want your size back. Me too! It’s only been a couple months since my surgery, and I am only 4 inches. I used to be 6, but lost a lot from lack of use and Peyronie’s. At this point, a good average 5 would satisfy me. I hope I get there, but the way to do it is not to torture yourself. You’ll have an expensive piece of equipment in you, and it can be damaged. You can also damage your natural equipment. Slow and steady, have patience and listen to your doctor. He/She knows more about your situation than anyone. Cycle consistently. It seems like it can take a year or more to see added length.

I asked my doctor about repairing or removing scar tissue. He claimed there was no effective, safe way to do it. Again, your doc knows best. If he says he can scrape then I believe him. Please let us know if it works for you.
AMS 700 LGX MS Series, implanted Dec. 9, 2021. I’m 59 years old, married, diabetic.

Tingbudong

Postby Tingbudong » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:09 am

I read up a bit about the “scraping” it sounds like its a series of striated cuts in the scarring that allow the cycling process to continue to break up the scars over time so your skin can stretch more normally and from what i read, sounded like it works. I can’t remember the source. But ill google it and also talk to Dr Knoll on Monday and post more info as I find out more.

The scar tissue nodules came from my injections and at first could really be felt as hard lumps in my flaccid penis, then when we noticed it was affecting the shape and length of my erections we stopped, but damage was done and now due to more and more lack of use and made worse due to the Diabetes T1, i have a lot of atrophy. Im only 5’6” tall and I wasn't huge to begin with but every GF and my ex wife have loved fkng me, so I don't know, the shape was just good or the angle or how I used it just worked.

My current wife is my height but pretty slenderly built (Asian but an athlete so super toned) and she doesnt need me to be packing a monster but I still need to be bigger than now, the harder part i figure is a given from all Ive read on here. I mean honestly she squeezes me super tight on two fingers.. im not sure where Im at now, length wise but its short enough to be pretty position restrictive, although thats also partly due to the fact that its not rigid enough even after pumping to have much pressure against it in any direction other than straight in and even that fades out to mush just about the time she starts getting into it. Hoping that right from the get go, the fact that the only part now with any rigity at all is the fully external part past the compression rings is only half my still owned length, and that the tubes since they’ll extend inside and will be fully rigid help that and then i get some more back as i cycle over the next year or so, but like you said, even anywhere remotely close to average for a caucasian male my body type would be enough to make me and prolly my wife, extremely happy with the outcome. Im not really going to do a lit of measuring by any standard except how she responds and how our sex life and other associated intimacy comes back. I definitely will not be nitpicking perceived 1/4”s vrs some distant past perception of how I used to be. As far as Im concerned I'm judging based on now, which is abysmally bad.

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:22 pm

I'll try to answer a couple of your questions.

You should be able to walk up the stairs. It may be a bit difficult, but you'll be able to handle it.

Yes, you can definitely flex your muscle with the implant.

My doctor did a rough measurement of what size the implant was going to be at my pre-op appointment. If your doctor does the same, you should have a rough idea of what your size is going to be. I'll bet your wife will be mostly happy that your dick is hard.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:36 pm

Nervous is alright before something like this. I sure was.
Stairs were not a problem for me if I walked with my legs spread apart. The first night was tough because of the catheter and drainage bag hanging off me.
Yes, I can "keegal" and make my junk bounce. Love to do inside the wife, and she squeezes back too.
Sounds like you already had the talk with your doc, but just before surgery make sure you tell him BIGGER! LOL
Let us know how things go. Good Luck.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:19 am

Old Guy,

I did the same thing with my doctor.

Right before surgery, I said, "Don't shortchange me!"

And he said, "Don't worry. We aim to please!"
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

Leebert

Postby Leebert » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:23 pm

I had two incisions, one on the sac and one up high on the left groin by the hip bone. I couldn't go up and down stairs for 3 weeks, it was painful to do.after that it became tolerable. I was just a little nervous before surgery only cause I dont do well with anesthesia afterwards, it makes me sick, but the doc used lots of lidocaine and had very little pain to deal with other than my groin. Remember, ice,ice,ice! gravity while walking around can produce swelling. Gl to you and may everything go smoothly for you.
I'm 65, heart attack w/stent 10 yrs ago, mod.HBP, married 46 yrs, retired.2 strokes.No damage, except start of Ed, Live in Ada Michigan. implanted by Dr. Wise in Grand Rapids mi. Implanted on 9/2/21 with 15 cm + 5cm rte. Ams 700 cx ms pump

oldog12

Postby oldog12 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:54 pm

I had the AMS 700 CX with an infrapubic incision approach. We lived in an RV for the month of post-ops, etc and the steep staircase up the tall RV wasn't a problem (though I took it slowly). I had it very easy with pain, but I know everyone is different. All in all, it is one of the best things I have done in life, and I have had no regrets except I should have done it a year or two sooner after RP. Of course, every normal person is going to be nervous about surgery in our most holy area, but realize you will go to sleep, wake up (I remember asking the post-op nurse I my penis was still there--it was), and it is on to healing and getting your life back. New lease on life!! Good luck!
Age 70; Radical prostatectomy 11/2018; Married 46+ yrs.
AMS 700 CX Jan. 6, 2022 with Dr. Shawn Blick/Phoenix

Return to “Implants”