Another insurance question

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Gt1956

Re: Another insurance question

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:34 am

tobenormalagain wrote:
Gt1956 wrote:
mikestap wrote:Tobe, you really don’t give us much to go on. If you have Medicare, you’re covered. If you get your insurance from your employer, this can get tricky. Insurers offer dozens of policies to their employer clients and these policies can have specific exclusions for penile implants..........

I dug back thru his post history. As of last fall he said a couple of times that he is 55.

Thank you all for your responses! Yes 55yo male with private insurance (Blue Cross/Blue Shield Regence). I am in very good health and have very mild PD due to Trimix injections. I expected that my implanting physician's office would go to bat for me and be proactive in dealing with my insurance company. They pretty just gave me the codes and told me to call myself.

Sounds like you need a more experienced surgeon.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

tobenormalagain

Re: Another insurance question

Postby tobenormalagain » Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:38 am

Sounds like you need a more experienced surgeon.

He's actually one of the country's top implant surgeons and I was very much impressed with him...his office staff's ability to navigate insurance reimbursement, not so much! I'm seeing now that no doctor's office wants to deal with vexing and time consuming insurance claims, they just want their money, whether from you or them.

Return to “Implants”