First attempt at pumping. How hard should bulb feel when squeezing?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Craigdwill

First attempt at pumping. How hard should bulb feel when squeezing?

Postby Craigdwill » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:31 pm

It's three weeks after my surgery. Per doc's instructions, when I was no longer swollen sore, and bruised, I was to get in a warm bath and try to find the release button to deflate, then try to inflate as much as I could, then deflate again almost immediately.

So, I actually found the release button pretty easily, which I thought would be the hard part. I pressed it and heard and felt a little gurgle as I was told I would, then I pushed down on my penis, and it didn't get completely soft, but down from where I was, so I assume that's as flaccid as it gets.

BUT - the harder part was pumping up. I got a good grip on the bulb, made sure I wasn't too high up (so I wouldn't hit the deflate button) or too low so it would slip out of my fingers. I did get a good grip and gave an initial quick hard squeeze per instructions. But the bulb felt rock-hard and didn't feel like it was squeezing at all. And I was really pressing down hard on it. I kept trying, then realized my penis had in fact grown some and felt stiff. But I swear the bulb didn't feel like it had any give whatsoever. I assumed I would be able to squeeze it to the point where both sides of the bulb would meet, but they didn't. It didn't feel like it was squeezing at all.

So, when you guys first pumped, did you have a similar experience? Was it really hard to squeeze or am I doing something wrong?

I got it to about 1/2" more than where it the doctor left it, but there was still some loose skin on my shaft, so I felt I had some more to go, but didn't get there. I also did the maneuver where I moved the penis forward, backward, then side-to-side and tried pumping again. Nothing. I tried deflating, which worked, then pumping again. Same result. Bulb was super hard and I couldn't feel it collapse between my fingers, but I still got some result.

Thanks
AMS 700 LGX MS Series, implanted Dec. 9, 2021. I’m 59 years old, married, diabetic.

gjmjoe017

Re: First attempt at pumping. How hard should bulb feel when squeezing?

Postby gjmjoe017 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:11 pm

Pretty hard In the beginning but it will get softer the more you use it!
71 yrs.old married,ED for 7 yrs.Pills for 3 yrs,TriMix for 21/2 yrs.6 1/2 inches flacid,71/4 inches erect,6 inches girth.Coloplast Titan put in 11/13/20,Dr.Bozeman,Arkansas Urology,Little Rock.22cm + 2 RTE.

Craigdwill

Postby Craigdwill » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:07 pm

gjmjoe017 wrote:Pretty hard In the beginning but it will get softer the more you use it!

But was it really difficult the first time? Like it felt as if the bulb wasn't pressing down at all no matter how hard you squeezed it? And how long did it take to get easier to pump?
AMS 700 LGX MS Series, implanted Dec. 9, 2021. I’m 59 years old, married, diabetic.

gjmjoe017

Postby gjmjoe017 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:23 pm

Try squeezing your deflate button and then try depressing your bulb.There is a reset you can do like that.
71 yrs.old married,ED for 7 yrs.Pills for 3 yrs,TriMix for 21/2 yrs.6 1/2 inches flacid,71/4 inches erect,6 inches girth.Coloplast Titan put in 11/13/20,Dr.Bozeman,Arkansas Urology,Little Rock.22cm + 2 RTE.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:55 pm

Mine was hard as a marble at first. After a few months it softened up. If I had been using it, and thus inflating more frequently, it might have softened up more quickly.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Craigdwill

Postby Craigdwill » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:37 pm

gjmjoe017 wrote:Try squeezing your deflate button and then try depressing your bulb.There is a reset you can do like that.

Yes I tried that. Wait, do you mean press them at the same time? I did deflate, then tried again to pump. The pump was still rock hard, but it seemed to be doing something. I’m just wanting to know if it was like that for everyone.

Odecko

Postby Odecko » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:48 pm

Glad you asked that question. I completed my first pump yesterday morning. I was able to get the bulb to soften up (Dont know how) after two weeks post surgery. I could not find the release button and went 2 1/2 hours before I was able to find the deflate button. Needless to say, I refuse to cycle today. I would also like to know do I need to reset the entire system. Sounds like that is a possibility. Will somene explain, in detail, just how to do it?
53 yrs old...Widowed at age 34 after 10 years; remarried at 41. Diagnosed with PC at 47. Tried Pills, VED, & Injections & all failed. Dec/2021 - Coloplast Titan XL 24 cm + 1 cm RTE penoscrotal. (Hakky)NOW- LIFE IS GOOD!

gjmjoe017

Postby gjmjoe017 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:20 pm

I would suggest that you call the support line to get help.You should have it in the info they gave you or go on line and get it.They will walk you through it.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:03 pm

[quote="Craigdwill"][/quote]
Would you tell us what manufacturer/model is your implant, please? A signature profile would be nice, as well.

The maker and model, size, etc would help us help you.

AMS pumps behave a little differently than Coloplast's pumps and Coloplast has a few different models still being implanted., so knowing if it a Genesis pump or an OTR might be significant.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Craigdwill

Postby Craigdwill » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:24 pm

The implant is AMS 700. I don’t know size, etc. my surgery was three weeks ago, but my first follow up was delayed until Jan. 10. I was sent home with post-op instructions to start cycling when I was no longer swollen, bruised or sore. Today was first time I tried pumping.

Return to “Implants”