Connection with Implant & Sexuality

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
trapped2021

Connection with Implant & Sexuality

Postby trapped2021 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:28 am

Hello,

I am concern with possible disconnection (mental) with the implant if I get it. Like it will not feel part of me, that I may mentally reject? it.

Because, right now, I have very bad relationship with sex and idea of being with woman scares me very much.

Can anyone be this way? Has anyone be this way?
40 | Venous Leak | Canot stay hard | Pills unreliable | Very depresed | Interested in implantation

beachbum

Re: Connection with Implant & Sexuality

Postby beachbum » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:10 am

That is hard question for someone else to answer. Ultimately the answer will be completely up to you. But, I can tell you that for myself, the implant is very much part of me. There is no rejection, only embracing it as a cure for a physical problem. Like a knee replacement or hip replacement or a pacemaker. They fix what is broken. How you deal with it is strictly up to you. It you are having issues in having sex because you have ED, an implant can cure that. If your issues are mental, and not because of ED, then no it won't help. The one thing an implant can do for you mentally is give the confidence in knowing that you can have a good full erection for sex.
An implant can be a mental uplift for those who are depressed or down because of the lack of ability to get an election for sex. But if your issues are another reason, no I doubt it would help.
It all comes down to you. If you have ED and tried all the other things, pills,ved injection, then get the implant. But remember, unless your depression or mental issues are caused by your ED, an implant won't make your problems go away.
Best of luck on what ever you chose to do
71. ED for about 10+ years to one extent or another. Implanted 9/14/2016 AMS CX 18+3 Fl/ Ky

AST2123

Postby AST2123 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:35 am

Hey trapped21,
It is actually the opposite. With the implant you will become very (Horny). If before implant you get scared when it comes to sex or even thinking about it, believe me after implant if your partner isn't into frequent sex, then she will be scared. But if she loves it, you will live in endless honeymoon :)
Finally Bionic
52y old. RP Oct. 2017. Pills didn't work. Trimix failed after a couple of times. Have inguinal hernia repair on both sides. Implanted AMS CX, 21 cm+1 cm RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at KP, VA, Jan. 2021. New username FinallyBionic

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:58 pm

I agree with what the others have posted. Knowing you can be erect whenever you want removes pressure from your brain about whether you can perform. You always can. Whether you find it enjoyable or not is something only you will be able to determine. I can't tell the difference in feeling between using my dick now vs. before the implant. At first, my penis and sack felt a little heavier due to the added items but after 3 years I honestly feel completely normal, whether for sex, solo, or just living.

One benefit, if you enjoy feeling horny, is that once you inflate you can get aroused just from being "up". It used to be that I would get aroused and then get an erection. Now I can inflate and just being hard can give me arousal, sort of backwards from the way it was. My doctor strongly advised me to inflate 4 times a day for the first year in order to regrow some size. I did that for the most part, and found that I was horny all the time.

My biggest fears in getting the implant was that it wouldn't feel natural and I wouldn't enjoy the same arousal and sensations as before. Turns out that those fears were not an issue at all once I got through some healing and could use my equipment.

I hope you have a great experience if you decide to move forward.

Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

AST2123

Postby AST2123 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:56 pm

Quincy wrote:One benefit, if you enjoy feeling horny, is that once you inflate you can get aroused just from being "up". It used to be that I would get aroused and then get an erection. Now I can inflate and just being hard can give me arousal, sort of backwards from the way it was.
Quincy.

Spot on!
You explained it perfectly.
Finally Bionic
52y old. RP Oct. 2017. Pills didn't work. Trimix failed after a couple of times. Have inguinal hernia repair on both sides. Implanted AMS CX, 21 cm+1 cm RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at KP, VA, Jan. 2021. New username FinallyBionic

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:36 pm

trapped2021 wrote:Hello,

I am concern with possible disconnection (mental) with the implant if I get it. Like it will not feel part of me, that I may mentally reject? it.

Because, right now, I have very bad relationship with sex and idea of being with woman scares me very much.

Can anyone be this way? Has anyone be this way?

Look at it this way: What relationship do you have with your penis now? What relationship with your erection do you have now?

Would your relationship with your penis (and with your erection) be improved if you could actually GET an erection?

I opine that even if you did not feel 100% "connected" to your penis, you will feel a lot better connected to your sexual partner than you do now; and better connected to your erection than you do now. Maybe not quite so connected to your flaccid penis as you do now, but the other benefits will (I think) outweigh any detriment you feel in that area. And THAT is (again, my opinion) the worst-case scenario after a successful implant.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:48 pm

I agree with all the other guys. Loving my new improved hard cock.
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Return to “Implants”