what happens if i dont pump it/use it for an extended period of time (say 2 months)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
proctor

what happens if i dont pump it/use it for an extended period of time (say 2 months)

Postby proctor » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:16 am

Hi

Due to trans-formative life events if I am unable to pump/use it, what are the worst case scenarios? What can be done to overcome it? I didnt use it for two months, and the pump seems hard as hell!
Rigicon Infla 10 AX , 18 Cm, 2 RTE, 110 ml. Dr Andrew Kramer

dg_moore

Re: what happens if i dont pump it/use it for an extended period of time (say 2 months)

Postby dg_moore » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:54 am

I didn't inflate or use mine for years, but on the rare occasions I did inflate (maybe once or twice a year) it seemed to function properly. After more than 12 years it quit working altogether, but in the circumstances that didn't matter.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

NYCGay

Re: what happens if i dont pump it/use it for an extended period of time (say 2 months)

Postby NYCGay » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:27 pm

I won't pretend to know anything about what happens if you don't cycle your device for months on end. But I just wonder: even if life events prevents you from using your device, is there anything that prevents you from inflating it alone in the bathroom every other week or so, just to check that it still works?
56-year old gay man. Always had ED. Started injections in 1990.
Implanted by Dr. Eid on 2021-05-11 with a 24 cm Titan.
My story: https://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16918
Pics: pre-op: pages 6 and 10; post-op: page 8 and 15.

philly444

Postby philly444 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:49 pm

I recently had surgery on my urethra and my doctor didn't want me to use it or inflate it for almost 3 months. I just started this week, it's strange but coming back nice.
AMS 700 LGX 18cm, implanted December 16, 2016, University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Wm. Jaffe Married to a Man

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:43 pm

NYCGay wrote:I won't pretend to know anything about what happens if you don't cycle your device for months on end. But I just wonder: even if life events prevents you from using your device, is there anything that prevents you from inflating it alone in the bathroom every other week or so, just to check that it still works?

Of course you can inflate any time you feel like it, but in my case my stroke took away my libido and any vestige of interest in sex. I rarely even thought about the implant.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Return to “Implants”