Planning & Preparation

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
NorCol

Planning & Preparation

Postby NorCol » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:33 am

Looking for some advice from all who have stepped up before me. As noted previously, I am scheduled for IPP mid-December, so I am asking, if not pleading, for any information, hints or useful suggestions to assist me in pre and post procedure planning. I have reviewed the literature and seen advice videos but from experience with PCa surgery am aware the truly best information comes from those with personal experience. A doctor telling me what to expect, unless they have undergone IPP, simply isn't the same as the patient telling me what to expect. Information on types of undergarments to wear, if athletic supporter work, is VED useful prior, etc. Hopefully, I can get valuable insights, if not never fear I will "wing" it on my own as this is for me! God bless you gentlemen. V/R

Agfa13

Re: Planning & Preparation

Postby Agfa13 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:07 pm

1st and foremost, have a caregiver, it makes things so much easier!
If not, or cannot, at least a driver to take you home (Uber or Lyft).
Ice, Ice, baby! More than likely, you will be black and blue.
At home, no young ones or pets to jump on you...you will regret it, esp. the pets, lol.
Underwear with a hole for your dick to stick out of. You will be sensitive for a while. ANY clothing will irritate you. If you can walk around naked, by all means, go for it!
We all heal differently, so take the suggestions accordingly. The 1st three, I say get, the rest, others on here will chime in on.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:21 pm

I need to preface this by saying I seemed to have a better post-surgical experience than most guys. You might do well to expect my case as best case scenario and plan accordingly.

I had mine done in December also. Dec 31 2019. As a result, I was able to take it semi-easy and watch the bowl games on TV.

I didn’t have a caregiver. It was the holidays. My wife and daughter had already planned a trip to Louisiana to see her family when they got me a surgical slot before the new year and my insurance deductible started over. So I sent her on her way and told her the day before that I was having it done. She wanted to head back home but I sssured her it was no worse than stitching up a hernia, might just have local anesthesia, etc etc. I got a buddy to drive me to/from hospital.

I did make sure I had plenty of easy to prepare snacks and foods so I didn’t have to make a daily Walmart run.

We have cows and chickens. I knew I wouldn’t be needing to toss 50 lb feed sacks around. I pre-staged a dozen sacks of feed to where all I would have to do is drag a sack out of back of truck and cut it open. I put an Ag kid from the high school on stand by to help with the livestock if I needed him.

You can’t ice too much. I never ive enough after any injury or surgery. As a result I was a badly bruised me. I was sore as hell for a couple of days. I didn’t have any significant pain. The failure to ice enough did contribute to some welling and (I’ve said it before but it bears repeating) a helluva lot of bruising.

I had read on here where guys needed special underwear, jocks, etc. I own. Couple of jock straps but never really needed them. I wore gym shorts and sweat pants around house. Loose and comfortable is good. When I went out I’d wear a jock or gym shorts under the loosest jeans I owned.

I was totally functional the day after surgery - got up and drove 90 miles, picked up one of my kids at college with car trouble and brought him home. To avoid answering questions about bruising. Gym shorts, and swollen crotch I sent him down the road to visit his grandmother for a few days. Drove to doctor (60 miles each way for follow up 2 days later.

The last thing I would do is tell you that this surgery is easy, no worse than a hangnail, nothing to it. That was pretty much my take on it, but not everybody is so fortunate. I seem to rebound quick from surgeries. Therefore my advice is to know yourself, and listen to your body. If it hurts to do something, don’t do it. The prudent thing would be to look back at your previous surgical experiences, plan like this will be as bad as the worst of the lot, and then be pleasantly surprised when it turns out to be pretty simple.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:36 am

My doc left me 80-90% pumped up to straighten my PD bend. Pain,PAIN,PAIN for 4 weeks. It was sticking straight out at 3 o'clock. I had some hard pain meds left over from a back surgery, thank god. Anything just touching my member would put me through the roof. It would sting like it was on fire. I could easily be a nudist so I went mostly naked for 4weeks. I even used a baby sock over it with a paper towel roll over that so nothing touched the glans. I live in the country so would go for walks with my dick sticking out. Wore a long loose shirt to conceal it IF I came upon anyone. Used lots of ice. After stitches were cleared to get wet, I have a hot tube that I ran at 106 degrees and soaked twice a day. After healing I started using David Archy bikini shorts. (amazon) They are made from bamboo and have the feel of silk. Still use only them. Stayed 1 xtra day in hospital to get the drain removed. Son drove me home 90 miles but I was still on pain meds, so the ride was no problem.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Return to “Implants”