Removing corpus cavernosa?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
I'm learning 53

Removing corpus cavernosa?

Postby I'm learning 53 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:06 pm

Hi can anyone tell me is it normal procedure to remove the corpus cavernosa and corpus spongiosum? Dr. Eid doesn't. I like his reasoning, so the patient can still have muscle control over arousal effects. (My words) such as chubbies and morning wood.
Can anyone enlighten me as to what stays and what goes inside the affected penis?
Thanks lm leaning53

Lost Sheep

Re: Removing corpus cavernosa?

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:16 pm

I'm learning 53 wrote:Hi can anyone tell me is it normal procedure to remove the corpus cavernosa and corpus spongiosum? Dr. Eid doesn't. I like his reasoning, so the patient can still have muscle control over arousal effects. (My words) such as chubbies and morning wood.
Can anyone enlighten me as to what stays and what goes inside the affected penis?
Thanks lm leaning53

As far as I know no surgeon ever removes, destroys or damages the spongiosum.

When I interviewed one surgeon, he stated that their usual procedure is to remove the corpus cavernosum. For that reason, I declined that surgery. I had read an article about "Tissue Sparing" surgery that seeks to leave the corpus cavernosum tissue as intact as possible and another article that reported a small amount of erectile function remaining in such patients (and even some return of minimal erectile function).

Keeping the cavernosum might be problematic in some surgeries. There is arterial blood flow in and venous flow out to factor in. (My opinion: if arterial and venous flows do not cooperate, problems of tissue health might arise.)

Do a search in FrankTalk and on the internet for these articles which suggest that there is some evidence some retention of erectile function possible by “conserving as much cavernous tissue by withholding unnecessary corporeal dilation” as suggested in:

“Strategies for Maintaining Penile Size following penile implant”., Translational Andrology and Urology: Androl Urol 2013 March by King Chien, Joe Lee and Gerald B. Brock

See also
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12904800/

Which cites Moncada I Marinez Salamanca, “Inflatable penile prosthesis implantation without corporeal dilation: A cavernous tissue sparing technique. Journal of Urology, 2010.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:52 pm

I’m not a Dr. but have done tons of research. DrPerito in Florida has done thousands of implants and he says he uses only the minimal amount of dialation to insert implants. On one of his videos he says that it used to be common practice to use several increasing sizes of dialators until max opening is achieved giving implant more room to expand. But mow he uses the minimal amount of dialation just to get the tubes in. Allowing some natural expansion. Dr.Perito does a series called Meet the Penis on you tube which has some very informative segments!
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

JP1977

Postby JP1977 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:31 pm

Ahhhh! So this is what Dr Eid was talking about. He said I’d still get some natural erection and it confused the hell out of me. But he explained that nothing is taken out, only new things put in...so I might still get some erection, but I thought he meant only in the urethra and glans. My situation is different in that I don’t have a leak, I damaged the spongy tissue around the cavernousa with a long priapism. You really do learn a lot from this forum.
47 year old swinger. Had 36+ hour priapism that landed me in ER twice over 48 hours. Scarring in my penis makes it to where I’m at risk of severe priapism at any time. Erections inconsistent. Implanted by Dr. Eid on December 21st 2021, Coloplast Titan OTR

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:31 pm

In just the last 3 to 4 weeks, the amount of tumescence I feel, particularly first thing in the morning, has been amazing. Today, I woke up to a dick erect enough to have masturbated with. I don't know what my surgeon did, or didn't do, but this development 8 months post implant is incredible, pleasurable, unexpected and certainly not something I am going to complain about LOL.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

Return to “Implants”