Reservoir Completely Empty

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
cobylinks

Re: Reservoir Completely Empty

Postby cobylinks » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:10 pm

Titan 24cm with 2 rte here
Dr. gave me a 125 ml reservoir so the "limit" as to the amount of fluid
is obviously up to your surgeon.
Received implants 10/4/19 Coloplast 24cm + 1cm RTE
Dr. Brady, Orlando, Fl

cobylinks

Postby cobylinks » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:10 pm

oops 1 rte.
Received implants 10/4/19 Coloplast 24cm + 1cm RTE
Dr. Brady, Orlando, Fl

Masonjames

Postby Masonjames » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:06 pm

cobylinks wrote:Titan 24cm with 2 rte here
Dr. gave me a 125 ml reservoir so the "limit" as to the amount of fluid
is obviously up to your surgeon.

We have the same sized implant and reservoir. My surgeon told me, when I asked how much fluid he used, that the 125 was the largest they offered. I think there is some issue with my pump. I need to call a Coloplast representative and see if he's ever heard of something like I described and if he can tell me a solution.
It's like there something preventing or restricting the fluid from getting into the implant. It holds the fluid fine after it's pumped. It's just the pumping up that takes so long
70 year old, Married 53 years with two adult children.
Tried pills, herbs, and Trimix. Implanted by Dr. Hakky , in Atlanta, on the 1st, of September. Titan XL 24cm's with two 1.5cm"s RTE"s

fullmonte

Postby fullmonte » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:18 pm

Mason
I don't think anyone thinks your being dishonest, they are saying your doctor gave you a BS answer. I had a revision which the surgeon upsized cylinder size and he left the old reservoir. Not sure if the old didn't have the capacity or just a poor job of measuring. My bulb goes completely flat on my Titan after about 35 pumps, and from the rigidity I expect it is only 3/4 full. It is still functional and I just couldn't take the time off to have it repaired which the doctor offered to do.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:56 pm

fullmonte wrote:Mason
I don't think anyone thinks your being dishonest, they are saying your doctor gave you a BS answer. I had a revision which the surgeon upsized cylinder size and he left the old reservoir. Not sure if the old didn't have the capacity or just a poor job of measuring. My bulb goes completely flat on my Titan after about 35 pumps, and from the rigidity I expect it is only 3/4 full. It is still functional and I just couldn't take the time off to have it repaired which the doctor offered to do.

Thank you Fullmonte. I do believe Mason. I also believe that Coloplast knows how much fluid their implants require. So by a process of elimination, where could a fill error happen?
Fullmonte, I wish you good luck with your implant. Very nice of your doctor to offer to fix it. I can understand having sick time can be an issue. Perhaps you wouldn't need more than a holiday weekend? Does the doctors records show that your 125cc reservoir was truly filled with 125cc's? If there is some capacity still available there is a chance that through a scrotal incision the tubing could be cut & the reservoir could be filled to its rated capacity. I suggest having a conversation with him about what options he is willing to do.
If you'd be willing. It would be nice if you'd post what he feels the options are. Good info to have here.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Masonjames

Re: Reservoir Empty

Postby Masonjames » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:18 pm

Dr Hakky is one of the top rated implant surgeons in the United States and He is very honest and straight forward. All of his patience will attest to this. If my reservoir wasn't filled completely it would be a great surprise to me and him. What he said was that I had the largest reservoir that they made. I don't know if there is a larger one or not. Haven't seen any post were someone said they had a larger one. Is there?
The Coloplast rep is the one that told me he couldn't put more fluid in than the guidelines recommend. Both men are great men.
I really feel that the issue is with the pump. Hakky is a man I'd trust completely. If he felt I didn't have sufficient fluid believe me he would say it. The man has no problem speaking his mind LOL
Thanks for the support and kind words from you all. I will ask him about the issue again.
Tried pills, herbs, and Trimix. Implanted by Dr. Hakky , in Atlanta, on the 1st, of September. Titan XL 24cm's with two 1.5cm"s RTE"s

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:13 pm

I might be reading the Coloplast web site wrong but it seems to imply that they do make a 28cm implant. If you have the largest reservoir then those men aren't going to be very happy. Your idea that the pump might be the issue seems like a better answer.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Masonjames

Postby Masonjames » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:25 am

Gt1956 wrote:I might be reading the Coloplast web site wrong but it seems to imply that they do make a 28cm implant. If you have the largest reservoir then those men aren't going to be very happy. Your idea that the pump might be the issue seems like a better answer.

Yes they do make larger cylinders than I have. It the reservoir that he said was the largest. I'm not sure if he meant the largest for my size cylinders or the largest one they made. Like I said I think it's the pump and not the amount of fluid. I'm far from being an expert on these things. I would like to hear from someone who has a larger reservoir.
As for the cylinders. I know a man personally who has the 28 cm implant. He says it only take 40 pumps to get fully pumped. His dick is much bigger than mine for sure

Masonjames

Postby Masonjames » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:23 pm

Talked with my surgeon today and he thinks I have a defective pump valve.

Masonjames

Postby Masonjames » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:28 pm

I have an update on my pump not working properly and taking to many pumps to get full erect.
Someone here suggested that I turn the release button facing down in my sack. It normally is side ways. I started doing the turning the pump and after the first few pumps I can hear a noise and feel the pump transferring the fluid a lot more efficiently. Don't know why this is working better but it is. I'm down to 50 pumps before the bulb get to hard to mash.
Whoever it was, that gave me this tip, I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. It's been a game changer for me.

Return to “Implants”