Going forward with the implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
corporatestiff

Going forward with the implant

Postby corporatestiff » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:54 pm

Haven't posted in quite a while. Implant is scheduled for Oct 6th, assuming they're still doing elective surgeries at that date. Covid has severely limited the beds available for elective surgeries with an overnight stay. Sometimes none at all, so we'll see.

I was able to get my A1c down from 9 to 7.4, so my primary physician and my urologist are both thrilled. I'm feeling pretty good about it too. Below 9 was the requirement. Looks like I do meet all of my insurance company's prerequisites to have the procedure covered, and with my quarterly cancer screenings, I've met my deductible (or will when the latest round of claims go through).

Don't know that I'm looking forward to the procedure and recovery, but I am hopeful for the results. Keeping my fingers crossed that the hospital has space for me.
53 years old, Type 1 Diabetic since 35, Heart attack at 48- stent and triple bypass, Bladder cancer at 51. Currently cancer-free for 2+ years.
ED for about 6 years. Probably really more like 10 years.
Tried pills, VED, and injections. Implant in future.

October26

Re: Going forward with the implant

Postby October26 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:32 pm

corporatestiff wrote:Haven't posted in quite a while. Implant is scheduled for Oct 6th, assuming they're still doing elective surgeries at that date. Covid has severely limited the beds available for elective surgeries with an overnight stay. Sometimes none at all, so we'll see.

I was able to get my A1c down from 9 to 7.4, so my primary physician and my urologist are both thrilled. I'm feeling pretty good about it too. Below 9 was the requirement. Looks like I do meet all of my insurance company's prerequisites to have the procedure covered, and with my quarterly cancer screenings, I've met my deductible (or will when the latest round of claims go through).

Don't know that I'm looking forward to the procedure and recovery, but I am hopeful for the results. Keeping my fingers crossed that the hospital has space for me.

Get it scheduled and plan for the best. My procedure was easy and successful. Not much swelling or bruising and minor pain until deflated. After that, only minor discomfort. I gained back 2” to 7.25” so that was no issue. It will take six months before you can say you are healed. You are pretty young by FT standards so you have that going for you.
Coloplast Titan 22 cm + 1.5 cm RTE 10/26/2020

rjdoan

Postby rjdoan » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:02 am

Do it! It has been the best thing I've done. I was able to get rid of all of the needles and mixes and pills and stuff and just get back to enjoying sex without the baggage.
Bob Doan
65 yo, Prostate Cancer - radiation therapy 2018, ED 20 years used pills, MUSE, trimix. Weekly testosterone injections for TRT. AMS 700 CX implanted Feb 12, 2021, 18/1, by Dr Herati, Johns Hopkins

corporatestiff

Postby corporatestiff » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:04 pm

I hope it doesn't end up being a tease, but I got a request from the hospital surgical center to fill out and submit my health history questionnaire yesterday. As of now, things are still on track 8-)
53 years old, Type 1 Diabetic since 35, Heart attack at 48- stent and triple bypass, Bladder cancer at 51. Currently cancer-free for 2+ years.
ED for about 6 years. Probably really more like 10 years.
Tried pills, VED, and injections. Implant in future.

Leebert

Postby Leebert » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:17 am

Gl corp, i wont sugar coat it, but the first couple weeks are a little tough, but im at 2 weeks post op and everything for the most part is going fine.little or no pain. Theres always a few little issues you just have to work through it. The old road has been closed and a new one is now open, listen to your surgeon first and pick up some good info in here, gl, lee.
I'm 65, heart attack w/stent 10 yrs ago, mod.HBP, married 46 yrs, retired.2 strokes.No damage, except start of Ed, Live in Ada Michigan. implanted by Dr. Wise in Grand Rapids mi. Implanted on 9/2/21 with 15 cm + 5cm rte. Ams 700 cx ms pump

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:23 pm

corporatestiff wrote:I hope it doesn't end up being a tease, but I got a request from the hospital surgical center to fill out and submit my health history questionnaire yesterday. As of now, things are still on track 8-)

Good Luck. Hope a bed is open for you. You will love it once you heal.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:27 am

Good luck! May you get the results you seek!
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

Return to “Implants”