Implant problems due to weak tunica?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
eisenhower

Implant problems due to weak tunica?

Postby eisenhower » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:01 am

This topic came up in another thread and I'm very interested in learning more about it. The original poster, and myself, have noticed our penises gaining girth over recent years as one corpora expanded for no apparent reason, increasing the overall girth of the penis. The original poster was just implanted by Dr. Eid.

Turns out, according to Dr. Eid, this expansion is due to a loss of elasticity in that part of the tunica, causing the expansion of girth. Dr. Eid said this unhealthy part of the tunica can be a challenge when installing an implant, due to the risk of the implant increasing width without the proper resistance from a healthy tunica, and not getting as rigid as it should.

Has anyone here actually experience a problem with this? Moreover, have any of you experienced this unexplained increase in girth as one corpora grows larger over time?

Would be interested in anything you have to share in this regard.

Thanks,
eisenhower

wolfpacker

Re: Implant problems due to weak tunica?

Postby wolfpacker » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:40 am

I just wanted to add that this is only a problem with the Coloplast Titan implant. The AMS implants use a mesh surrounding the inflatable implant so that they can only expand to the limits of the mesh, and will not overexpand due to a weak tunica. The Titan has no mesh and expands as much as the tunica will allow, resulting in problems if the tunica is too weak to limit the expansion.
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

eisenhower

Re: Implant problems due to weak tunica?

Postby eisenhower » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:27 pm

Thanks, Wolfpacker. Interestingly, Dr. Eid told the other gentlemen who posted about this, NYCGay, that putting an AMS in a penis with such a large girth (even if that girth was due to tunica weakness) wasn't an option, and he had to use the Titan.

Thankfully, NYCGay, has indeed lost girth but seems to have good rigidity with the Titan. He was freaked out about the "weak sidewall" issue like I am though.

Really a weird aspect of penis problems I've never before heard of, and being a Peyronie's sufferer, I thought I knew more than most about penile anatomy, problems, etc.

eisenhower

Return to “Implants”