The Next Step

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Titan_Man

The Next Step

Postby Titan_Man » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:17 am

Greetings and Salutations...

I recently scheduled my surgery date for getting an implant. The doc says he likes using the TITAN OTR, so my doc and I will be going over a few things in my upcoming appointment. I am seeing Dr Munarriz with Boston University Medical Center for Sexual Medicine. I had an original appointment to have a number of procedures done, and the end result was an implant. The biggest convincing fact was that after 2 different injections of their own mix of trimix, i had only a minor response, with an approximate erection that was about 20% hard. The doctor wanted me to go in for a DIC, and realized that regardless of the results, I would still need an implant. My surgery is scheduled for Sept 4th, so it is right around the corner. I do thank all of the men out there that have had implants and that have shared their stories. My goal is to go through this and finally get an erection that I have never had. Along the way I encourage anyone to ask questions as I have found relief in asking many questions. I will be more than happy to answer or do anything I can to assist others in their quest to obtain a more normal sexual experience.

Thank you
David, 33, from Central MA
Erectile Dysfunction all of my life
Severe venous leak
Coloplast Titan OTR implanted 9/4/12

k.b.marino

Re: The Next Step

Postby k.b.marino » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:23 am

David, welcome! I don't think that you will regret your decision. You have yor age on your side. Hopefully you will heal faster than us older guys. One thing I don't remember seeing, do you have some underlying disease that made having an erection possible? Also, after my own experience, I can't stress this point enough: No matter how good you feel when you get home from the hospital, just lay flat on your back and don't do a thing for about 3 days. That's when the swelling is the worst. Keep us posted.
Age 46, Type 1 diabetes since age 6. Northeast Ohio here Tried orals, injections-single agent, bimix. AMS 700 LGX on 06/28/12 at the Cleveland Clinic by Dr. Drogo Montague

Titan_Man

Postby Titan_Man » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:02 am

No underlying disease, just a severe venous leak.
David, 33, from Central MA
Erectile Dysfunction all of my life
Severe venous leak
Coloplast Titan OTR implanted 9/4/12

buckshot

Postby buckshot » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:55 pm

David, I'll try to keep you posted on what my post-op experience will be like...I go for pre-op tomorrow and have the implant surgery on Monday. Hopefully it will be as positive as I'm praying it will be! 8-)

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:16 am

David,

I underwent the Titan Penile Implant Procedure 4 1/2 years ago and, thankfully, it completely corrected my ED.
Be patient during the healing process as the tissue in your body grows aroung the components of the Implant.
Follow your URO's instructions.
I wish you a speedy recovery and years of enjoyment with your new Titan OTR Implant.

Best Regards,

Bob

LGX_Man

Postby LGX_Man » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:54 pm

Good luck with the next big step David. I'll be watching carefully and want to hear any news

LGX_Man
62. Retired. AMS 700 LGX implanted Nov. 18, 2013. Ask me any questions about being implanted or life afterwards.

buckshot

Postby buckshot » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:36 pm

David...I am now at day 11 post op and I have my 2 week checkup with my uro/surgeon next week. Still have some "burning" discomfort feeling at the scrotal incision site, but not severe enought to make me have to take any pain pills. Man, try to stay away from those oxycodone pills, they can give you a very bad case of constipation...the first case of that I've had since I was in grammar school. Hope the doc is gonna clear me to start doing some inflating and deflating exercises...I'm ready to get back to LIVING instead of just sitting around the house all day. Wish you the best in your upcoming implant...just keep in mind the great success that you're going to have! 8-)

danny1553

Postby danny1553 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:04 am

Hi David

I have the same story, ED due to the bad venous leak. And I am also waiting for the implant procedure though when this is going to happen I have no idea or control over it.
Just like you I have very little of the response for the injections... everything just flushes away into the blood stream rather than staying in the penis. I used to have relatively functional erection when I was up to late 20-th but since then every year it is getting worse. Now the only way for me having an intercourse is using a very tight constriction ring. So I guess I can keep like that until I get my turn for the surgery.
Venous leak for no apparent reason is very annoying but I guess we are lucky enough to live in 21 century so we still have a chance for the restoration of our sexual life...
I wish you the best! And please, take a measurement of your length/girth before and after the procedure for the statistical reference.

Return to “Implants”