High pump

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Rise again

High pump

Postby Rise again » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:28 pm

I'm about 3 weeks post op, infrapubic titan install.

Presently, my pump is sitting fairly high behind my left nut. I've been trying to pull it lower but there doesn't seem to be any slack in the tubes coming down. The pump pushes my left nut forward.

I'm concerned that once I'm cleared for sex that my nut is gonna get crushed between the pump and my lady when things get vigorous - if you get my meaning.

I know that I still need to give it time for things to heal. But I can't help but be concerned.

I also know that people have had a revision to have the pump moved. I really don't like the idea of undergoing another surgery, especially with the risk of infection, but was wanting to hear from people who've had it done.

Was it worth it? What was the recovery like compared to the original surgery?

Thanks.
Titan 22cm + 1.5cm RTE installed by Dr. Chris Love, Melbourne on the 02/02/2021.

gjmjoe017

Re: High pump

Postby gjmjoe017 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:55 pm

Mine sits high after pulling on it a lot.Just won’t stay down and I’ve gotten use to it.Works fine!
71 yrs.old married,ED for 7 yrs.Pills for 3 yrs,TriMix for 21/2 yrs.6 1/2 inches flacid,71/4 inches erect,6 inches girth.Coloplast Titan put in 11/13/20,Dr.Bozeman,Arkansas Urology,Little Rock.22cm + 2 RTE.

Rise again

Postby Rise again » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:09 pm

Yeah, I'll definitely give it some time before making any rash decisions.
Titan 22cm + 1.5cm RTE installed by Dr. Chris Love, Melbourne on the 02/02/2021.

Minnesota

Postby Minnesota » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:18 pm

Your doc should give you instructions if the pump needed to be moved or "pulled down" during any point post-procedure. Some techniques used nowadays don't require this step. For example, I was told with my first implant to pull down gently during the first few weeks post-surgery.

My 2nd time around I was told NOT to due to the placement of the tubing and pump. This 2nd technique by a different doctor is to prolong the life of the tubing and prevent stress on both the pump and the tubes.
Diagnosed with ED at age of 19, Implanted with Coloplast Titan at age 20. Now 34 (2023)
Titan failed 09/2020, replaced on 10/2/2020 by Kolher @ Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

Rise again

Postby Rise again » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:50 am

Yeah I was advised to pull down on it in the instructions post op. The first week my balls were so swollen an sore, perhaps I should have been more aggressive with it. But to me it feels like the tubes don't have any more length in them.

Still hoping to hear from guys who had the op to move to pump.

AST2123

Postby AST2123 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:51 am

Rise again wrote:Yeah I was advised to pull down on it in the instructions post op. The first week my balls were so swollen an sore, perhaps I should have been more aggressive with it. But to me it feels like the tubes don't have any more length in them.

Still hoping to hear from guys who had the op to move to pump.

I got same instructions of pulling down the pump (gently) after surgery. I kept doing it 2 to 3 times a day, but don't see an obvious change. I thought maybe the doctor wants it to stay in place. It could move further up without pulling it down the first weeks. This is just my thoughts. I will ask the doctor about this when I see him again.
Finally Bionic
52y old. RP Oct. 2017. Pills didn't work. Trimix failed after a couple of times. Have inguinal hernia repair on both sides. Implanted AMS CX, 21 cm+1 cm RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at KP, VA, Jan. 2021. New username FinallyBionic

JW0817

Postby JW0817 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:59 pm

I had the same problem too my doctor told me to pull down gently and to move it around some to break up the scaring. It took me at less a good three to four week of doing this as much as I can about two to three times a day or more and it worked for me. It will only move a little at a time but now my pump is at the bottom in a great place. He also told me to lightly move the tubing around too you have to breakup the scaring tissue that forms on everything after the implant. Good luck.
65yr old Had ED for over 10 year tried everything Had Implant on 8-17-2020 AMS 700 LGX 21cm + 1cm RTE

Return to “Implants”