Getting frustrated

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Cameron

Getting frustrated

Postby Cameron » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:06 pm

Hi guys, i think im 10 days post op now with an AMS 700LGX 18cm cylinders with 4cm rear tip extenders. Ive been trying to get ahold of my surgeon to ask a few questions the last few days with no luck, so if you can guys can shed some light that would be great. As of right now im 43 years old, my swelling is gone, still some bruising, i only have some slight pain/discomfort in the left sided tissues near my pubic bone area which is understandable being that i can feel and trace the three pump tubes to that area. I can perfectly feel the pump bulb and deflation block button to the point where i know i could easily cycle the device. My questions are:

1. The pump is located on the mid to lower exterior side of my left testicle, sometimes it pinches where it is therefore i push the pump more central but within 3 seconds later it migrates back to the same spot, is the pump attached or sutured somehow to stay in that spot or am i not being aggressive enough?

2. I can feel my right cylinder tip just behind the head of my penis and it feels very close to the skin, should i be concerned about future erosion in that area?

3. Would a heating pad aid in taking the bruising away or just stick to ice?

4. Im told to make an appointment at the 4 week post op time for a check up and cycling lesson but at 3 weeks post op ill be back out of province working for 2-3 weeks. Would i be ok to start cycling the device myself at 4 weeks post op or should i wait until im back home for a 6-7 week post op doctor appointment.

My concern mostly is question #4, the doctor left me inflated i would say 20-30% and it looks quite small obviously. Im worried that if i wait until 6 to 7 weeks to see the doctor more atrophy will settle in and it will take much longer and more painful to cycle back to roughly around my pre op penis size. Am i wrong in thinking this way? Thanks

Minnesota

Re: Getting frustrated

Postby Minnesota » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:22 pm

Welcome to the club! There's a lot to break down there, so I'll contribute what I can right now.

First - 10 days in is still very early in the healing process. My first implant was feeling comfortable in my body until 8-9 weeks out. There was A LOT of healing, bruising, and it just took my longer than most. I'm not saying you'll be this way, but it gives you a perspective of change

Second - Your Dr. should be able to tell you if they A) secured the pump in it's certain location, or B) it requires you to gentle pull down as you heal. Do not do this without consulting your Dr. My first implant required me to gently pull through the day to keep the pump in it's hanging location. My recent revision is behind my testicles and is more "secured" in place. Per the Dr. no need to touch the pump as I heal for the first 3.5 week.s

Third - My cylinders are quite close as well. No talk of erosion so I can't speak to that.

Fourth - I stuck with Ice and Tylenol for the first week and a half.
Diagnosed with ED at age of 19, Implanted with Coloplast Titan at age 20. Now 34 (2023)
Titan failed 09/2020, replaced on 10/2/2020 by Kolher @ Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

Cameron

Postby Cameron » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:36 pm

Thanks!

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:32 pm

Concerning #4. Call his office, explain that you'll be out of town & for how long you'll be gone. See if they'll make an early appointment the day before you leave. It is only a week. I bet that there is a very good chance that he'll see you early. If not, then he must not be worried about the delay in seeing you. Give them a call asap, don't wait until the last few days. Good luck.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

hopeful_future

Postby hopeful_future » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:40 pm

Cameron wrote:Hi guys, i think im 10 days post op now with an AMS 700LGX 18cm cylinders with 4cm rear tip extenders.

Welcome to the club! Glad that you're here to share your experiences and questions!

1. The pump is located on the mid to lower exterior side of my left testicle, sometimes it pinches where it is therefore i push the pump more central but within 3 seconds later it migrates back to the same spot, is the pump attached or sutured somehow to stay in that spot or am i not being aggressive enough?

There's no suturing for the pump as far as I know. Did you have penoscrotal or infrapubic surgery? From what I understand, you won't be able to get the pump exactly where you want it precisely because it's not attached to anything. My doc's instructions were to pull the pump down into the position I want it every time I urinated for the first 3 weeks, as well as to gently massage around it to make sure it didn't adhere to anything. I had infrapubic surgery, so there was no incision on the scrotum to worry about though.

2. I can feel my right cylinder tip just behind the head of my penis and it feels very close to the skin, should i be concerned about future erosion in that area?

I can easily feel the tips in my glans as well. No concerns from me or the doc.

3. Would a heating pad aid in taking the bruising away or just stick to ice?

Obviously whatever your doc says goes. My doc said ice is helpful for pain relief and for swelling in the first 72 hours after surgery. After that, he had me doing hot baths (as hot as I could stand) twice per day. Definitely do not submerge your incision site unless your doc has given you permission to do so. However, his point was that blood flow is what heals things up...heat gets you more blood flow, and relaxes the tissues. Ice will constrict everything and reduce blood flow.

4. Im told to make an appointment at the 4 week post op time for a check up and cycling lesson but at 3 weeks post op ill be back out of province working for 2-3 weeks. Would i be ok to start cycling the device myself at 4 weeks post op or should i wait until im back home for a 6-7 week post op doctor appointment.

My concern mostly is question #4, the doctor left me inflated i would say 20-30% and it looks quite small obviously. Im worried that if i wait until 6 to 7 weeks to see the doctor more atrophy will settle in and it will take much longer and more painful to cycle back to roughly around my pre op penis size. Am i wrong in thinking this way? Thanks

First off, atrophy isn't something that happens over the course of a few weeks. However, when you're healing, it's good to keep things moving around so you don't heal up "too tight" around the implant.

As for doing it yourself, please don't. It might go well...Or you might find yourself unable to deflate and stuck with an erection until you can get to a doctor that knows what the heck you do to deflate a penile implant. Gt1956's advice is spot on...Call them up and see if you can be seen earlier.
39yo, ED since sexually active, moderate to severe. Bisexual. Pills helped a little, trimix and muse failed. Implanted 8/25/20 by Dr. Karpman, 22cm+1RTE Titan Touch.

Return to “Implants”