Gonna be implanted tomorrow! Doctor recommended me subcoronal procedure!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
guyinthedarkness

Gonna be implanted tomorrow! Doctor recommended me subcoronal procedure!

Postby guyinthedarkness » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:53 pm

Hello guys,

Im gonna be implanted tomorrow and of course I’m scared as shit. I really hope all things will go good. For the people that didn’t Followed my story: I’m 26 years old and have bad ED with all sexual side effects since 2016. the doctor checked my penis today (in flaccid state) and told me that he thinks that I could enjoy sex more and have better physical results if he would remove my foreskin. I have not a problem with this, also because I think it will look better ( of course I know that a healthy sex life is the priority). So he told me that he would implant it subcoronal.But why isn’t it possible to get implanted infrapubic or penoscrotal and also remove the foreskin? Can you understand his decision?

Best regards and I will update you soon!

Vinny21

Re: Gonna be implanted tomorrow! Doctor recommended me subcoronal procedure!

Postby Vinny21 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:43 pm

I’m not knowledgeable to comment on your question, but I just wanted to say I’m young like you as well and I’m sure the doctor has his reasons and it will work out for ya

David1973

Postby David1973 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:19 pm

We need to trust our surgeons or find another. That being said, the subcoronal incision for the implant is the same site as a circumcision. Less cutting implies less chance of infection. It makes sense to this non-surgeon.

There are guys here with implants who kept their foreskin. But if you prefer circumcision, why not?

Sounds like you are getting a malleable or semirigid prosthesis. The inflatables are not done via subcoronal incision. Hope all goes well.

I would be interested in your result. I am strongly considering a malleable implant. It would be good to hear from a guy who actually lives with one. Best of luck!

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:38 pm

guyinthedarkness wrote:Hello guys,

Im gonna be implanted tomorrow and of course I’m scared as shit. I really hope all things will go good. For the people that didn’t Followed my story: I’m 26 years old and have bad ED with all sexual side effects since 2016. the doctor checked my penis today (in flaccid state) and told me that he thinks that I could enjoy sex more and have better physical results if he would remove my foreskin. I have not a problem with this, also because I think it will look better ( of course I know that a healthy sex life is the priority). So he told me that he would implant it subcoronal.But why isn’t it possible to get implanted infrapubic or penoscrotal and also remove the foreskin? Can you understand his decision?

I am probably off-base here with this answer. If my guess IS the reason, he surely would have mentioned it. Only one incision instead of two.

If the implant is done subcoronal, the only incision in the skin (entry point for infection) is there. If circumcision is done and penocrotal or infrapubic also, there are two incisions to heal and be at risk for infection to enter.

On the idea that a malleable is more likely; I don't think so. With the subcoronal, the incision in the skin is made subcoronally, but the skin of the penis is pulled down like pushing up your sleeve on your arm (the term is "degloving"). The base of the penis is thus exposed and the incision in the tunica albuginea is made in the usual way a penoscrotal is done. A little higher up I believe, but not so as to rule out an inflatable implant.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

LA Johnson

Postby LA Johnson » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:58 pm

Edit
Last edited by LA Johnson on Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
B 1958/ M 1991/ VL, Titan implant 3/18 20cm+ 2cm rte Dr. Yafi UCI Medical
1st Revision 3/19 Pump failure 22cm+1.5 rte; 2nd Revision 9/19 Pump failure 22cm+2cm rte
3rd Revision 6/16/20 Cylinder aneurysm Dr. Kramer Titan 24cm no rte. 4th Rev 4/14/21 Pump.

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:20 pm

Please keep us posted and good luck.
Its been over 3 months for me, and I can't do anything right now except for self luv, because I am healing inside and the pump was put lower. I have to keep repeating to myself to be patient on healing, but it is difficult, esp when your friends are having fun, lol.

Bigred

Postby Bigred » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:32 pm

When in doubt, get a 2nd opinion. If you don’t like that procedure, ask for other options.
66 YO, Implant 6/7/2017 at University of Maryland by Dr. Andrew Kramer, High Volume Implant And world class surgeon. AMS 700. Great expierence with zero complications.

guyinthedarkness

Postby guyinthedarkness » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:15 am

David1973 wrote:We need to trust our surgeons or find another. That being said, the subcoronal incision for the implant is the same site as a circumcision. Less cutting implies less chance of infection. It makes sense to this non-surgeon.

There are guys here with implants who kept their foreskin. But if you prefer circumcision, why not?

Sounds like you are getting a malleable or semirigid prosthesis. The inflatables are not done via subcoronal incision. Hope all goes well.

I would be interested in your result. I am strongly considering a malleable implant. It would be good to hear from a guy who actually lives with one. Best of luck!

What do you meant inflatables are not done subcoronal? I’m getting an inflatable, the coloplast titan and all the procedure Is done subcoronal.

544kenmatt

Postby 544kenmatt » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:37 am

Most of us were scared going in. Wishing you the best and a quick recovery. You have youth on your side, which is a big deal.
AMS 700 LGX 10/31/2019. age 63

Charlie2019

Postby Charlie2019 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:33 am

guyinthedarkness wrote:Hello guys,

Best of luck to you today... don't be scared, you will be great and get fixed... Be excited for that. Who is doing your surgery? Do you have a whopper and that's why the Titan? My doctor chose the AMS LGX so I could get more girth and length. Keep us posted on your success. :D :D
53 years old. 3 botched circumcisions starting at 3 years old. 2 botched reconstructive attempts, finally got the AMS LGX on Dec 14, 2017 in London Ontario by Dr. Gerry Brock. Great Dr. Love my implant

Return to “Implants”