Bike riding and the implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Biker60

Bike riding and the implant

Postby Biker60 » Thu May 21, 2020 11:31 am

Well I found 2 saddles that take my package off the seat. So my next problem is normal bike pants are not working as I am compressing the semi flaccid titan. Anyone who rides have a pant suggestion. For saddles the Aeroelastic ae and the spongy wonder noseless saddles are great for men needing to keep there junk off the saddle. Also for prostate issues as your sitting on your ass and no pressure is directed to your groin.

Stewy78

Re: Bike riding and the implant

Postby Stewy78 » Thu May 21, 2020 11:57 am

I am 4 months post op and I started to ride again my bikes about a week ago. I use aerolastic saddles (I used it also before implant for pudendal nerve issues) and I ride both road bikes and mountain bike, also Enduro. With ams I think flaccid is softer so the penis is not an issues for me with typical bikes pants. I still have some discomfort in the the scrotum expecially on mountain bike.
Sad part of my story is that I will have to replace implant soon because pump valve leaks :(
32yo, VL from birth. Implanted in 2020 with AMS CX by Gabriele Antonini. Pump stopped working after three months,replaced with new pump that stopped working again. Complete revision Titan Touch 24+1 implanted by Dr.Eid. Titan failed in October 2023.

WhiteCane

Postby WhiteCane » Thu May 21, 2020 5:06 pm

For years, I’ve been using gore bike shorts… I haven’t been as aggressive since going blind “I can only ride on my trainer“ but, I found the gel pad in the Gore shorts keep things kind of shaped best… You pay a little more but, they last a little bit longer…
Implanted October 2019 Dr. Kramer lgx 18 cm +2 rear tips. Preop at 6.75 post op 5.25... awaiting revision… Implanted for possibility of having our first child.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Sun May 24, 2020 1:45 pm

My experience is as a "Grandpa Bike Rider"....you serious bike riders know the diff....

My "ride" is a 30ish year old Boss Cruiser and my "biker gang" is whichever grandkids are between 4 and 14ish. After my first implant, I bought and used a "noseless" bike saddle. It was OK but I noticed I didn't have as much control of my bike as with a "horn saddle". A revision followed my first implant by a year. Another year or so down the road I took the Cheeks saddle off my wife's bike. Way better. I have my own now.

I'm don't know that I ever really needed the noseless saddle. Three implants and 7 years in, the implant is simply not an issue for me when riding. More of an issue is trying to keep up with 13 and 14 year old grandkids.

Good luck man!!!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Piddlin

Postby Piddlin » Tue May 26, 2020 1:38 pm

HI there,
I had my implant 3 years and 2 months ago. Always have been a very active cyclist and still am. I still have my original seat. Up until now I needed extra padding anytime i rode. Can now do 4 miles in any type clothing, even gym shorts. I did have a lot of discomfort at first with the pump. A long time ago I learned that your biking shorts should cost about $10 for every 10 miles you ride, so now with the implant I would say double that amount. Of course I did not, lazy I guess. But what I did do is add an extra thick woman's maxi pad in the crotch of the shorts and that worked wonders, no pain. Also because the area with the new equipment is extra sensitive, especially if you get chaffed you should grease up your entire bottom with diaper rash cream (works as good as all the expensive one the bike shops sell). The cream will help tremendously. You might want to give this a try before dumping a lot of $$$ on a new seat. A gel cover from WalMart works well also.

When I do big miles and pedal 30 or more miles, I grease up and pad up like I suggested.
Best of luck and keep pedaling. Your heart will love you for it.
63 yo with ED since RP in 1/2013. March 31, 2017 implanted with AMS CX MS 700, 21 cm with 1cm RTE

Return to “Implants”