Underwear question

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Fyrebourne

Underwear question

Postby Fyrebourne » Wed May 02, 2012 12:25 pm

I was wondering since I am seriously considering an implant (especially since two different Urologist said that is my only hope), what would be the best kind of underwear to use? Mainly post-op and during the healing process. Would a supensory jock, Athletic supporter, briefs, ect be best?

Minnesota

Re: Underwear question

Postby Minnesota » Wed May 02, 2012 2:09 pm

I do not mean to sound rude by any means, but this question has come up alot. If you search the terms "jock" or "underwear" in this forum (implants), alot of results come up.

I used a jock during recovery to keep gravity from causing pain. Also I was instructed to keep it straight so I put it upwards.
Diagnosed with ED at age of 19, Implanted with Coloplast Titan at age 20. Now 34 (2023)
Titan failed 09/2020, replaced on 10/2/2020 by Kolher @ Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

Fyrebourne

Postby Fyrebourne » Thu May 03, 2012 6:37 am

That was all i needed to know. Thank you for your response and no you were not rude. I had forgotten about the search feature LOL... Sorry about that :oops:

barfinkl1

Postby barfinkl1 » Thu May 03, 2012 11:06 pm

I bought some Adidas sport trunks...they're spandex=like and very tight fitting and hold your penis in whatever position you want. I'd recommend them above anything else I've bought.They come in packages of two...they're all I like to wear now...

Steve
Age 63 married 41 years...2 kids and 2 grandkids. Had robotic RP in Apr 2008. Negative PSA since then. Suffered ED initially from Type II diabetes and then the RP. Had AMS700 LGX implant on 7 Nov 11.

shadowwolfe

Postby shadowwolfe » Tue May 22, 2012 10:58 am

A suggestion.. whatever you pick start wearing them now. Maybe it is just because I always went commando, but after the surgery when I wore the underwear for support, it was not the surgery that bothered me at all, it was the underwear. I wished I had wore and gotten use to the underwear prior to the surgery. Maybe if you are use to it anyhow, switching to another kind might not matter so much but I would wear them just to be sure you are use to them.
Prostate cancer at age 38? Implant Titan OTR April 28, 2011, Salt Lake City, UT. Line broke 2017 because pump was placed too high and a line was pinched. Replacement October 10, 2017 Reims, France with the new model Titan OTR.

Return to “Implants”