What is the chance that a woman encounters a man with implant ? (IE, are we one in a million?)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
merrix

Re: What is the chance that a woman encounters a man with implant ? (IE, are we one in a million?)

Postby merrix » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:56 am

Lost Sheep wrote:I agree with your overall conclusion, (chances of sleeping with a woman who has slept with an implanted man before are slim) but question your calculations.

Any one wondering how to do the calculation might want to review this web discussion.

https://math.stackexchange.com/question ... -100-times

Of course, how I come to 1 in 37,000 and 1 in 247,000 in the two age groups is up for debate. If anybody really cares, I can let you know my assumptions.
But the conclusion won't be too far off I think.

If you are questioning that once we have a percentage of how many men are implanted, we can calculate how many men a woman needs to sleep with to encounter an implanted man, I don't see any room for questioning.
The binomial distribution lets us calculate the expected value once we have the percentage of independent events to happen.
And it tells us that when something is 1 in 4,633 to happen, the expected value of how many times we need to let that event happen to get one positive outcome, the answer is 4,633 times.

The classical example is rolling a die. If you roll a die as many times it takes to get the result "6" and note the result, and then repeat this 100 times. The average number of times you would need to roll your die to get a "6" would be 6. That's very basic theory of probability.
I was probably wrong to express it as 50% chance.
Let me instead say that if we had 1000 women who slept with new men over and over again till they finally found one who was implanted, the average number of men those 1000 women would have to sleep with to encounter an implanted man would be 4,633 if they slept with 30-50 year olds, and 685 if they slept with men 60-80 year old.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

TANGERINE

Re: What is the chance that a woman encounters a man with implant ? (IE, are we one in a million?)

Postby TANGERINE » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:07 pm

i just had an mri scan, and the MRI tech had a little trouble with figuring out what to do with me since I had a penile implant, but, because I came with the letter from coloplast stating that it is safe for MRI even at 3 Tesla magnet strength, and since I had the surgery report showing that I had coloplast titan (ie, my implant type matched what was on the letter), the tech was ery happpy and we went through with the 3 tesla MRI and all went well (ie, no trouble with my titan in the 3 tesla MRI(.

But, since I made him so happy because I was prepared, I though I would ask him how many times he encounters a man with a penile implant. He stated that it was roughly one a year.

I figure that he sees 12 patients a day and works 200 days a year, so that works out to one in 2400.

so, getting at this another way, here is this new data point:
MRI technologist experience:
there is a one in 2400 chance of meeting a guy with an implant

In other words, a woman would need to sleep with 2400 men before finding the gold ticket bionic male !
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Zoso22

Postby Zoso22 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:12 pm

I would like to start off by saying I’m going to send my wife to buy lottery tickets tonight as she has slept with a guy with an implant. One of the couples which we were in the lifestyle with had an implant which was about 12yrs ago, I couldn’t say much about what type or whatever because I didn’t know enough about implants to ask him anything about it. That said she had sex with him and said she could not really tell that it was fake, she did say it was not very hard and that was probably because it was not a three piece or as it was still new I don’t know, all I know is he would out last me. She had sex with him several times as they were friends of ours that we saw from time to time and she was completely ok with the fake penis, I wish I would have had one back then because I have had problems keeping it up and when your with a group our another couple you don’t want to be the first one done and have to sit and watch the others have fun.
58yr. Married to awesome wife, retired after second back surgery. PE since early 20’s, ED started around 40, back surgeries and heart problems have ruin my dick
Update; implanted on May 10th, Dr. Karpman. 25cm + RTE

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:46 pm

Zoso22 wrote:I would like to start off by saying I’m going to send my wife to buy lottery tickets tonight as she has slept with a guy with an implant. One of the couples which we were in the lifestyle with had an implant which was about 12yrs ago, I couldn’t say much about what type or whatever because I didn’t know enough about implants to ask him anything about it. That said she had sex with him and said she could not really tell that it was fake, she did say it was not very hard and that was probably because it was not a three piece or as it was still new I don’t know, all I know is he would out last me. She had sex with him several times as they were friends of ours that we saw from time to time and she was completely ok with the fake penis, I wish I would have had one back then because I have had problems keeping it up and when your with a group our another couple you don’t want to be the first one done and have to sit and watch the others have fun.

I agree with all you said (how could I not, it is your lived experience). But I take issue with the word, "fake". I prefer "cyborg". Definition: A person whose physical abilities are extended beyond normal human limitations by mechanical elements built into the body. (Bionic, to me implies electronics.)

I started a thread a while back asking if anyone would have objections to "a dildo inside a penis" and got a lot of heat for that phrasing. I knew it would be inflammatory at the time, but used it deliberately.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17510&p=159199
"Would women tell if they realize that you have an implant?"
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Zoso22

Postby Zoso22 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:14 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Zoso22 wrote:I would like to start off by saying I’m going to send my wife to buy lottery tickets tonight as she has slept with a guy with an implant. One of the couples which we were in the lifestyle with had an implant which was about 12yrs ago, I couldn’t say much about what type or whatever because I didn’t know enough about implants to ask him anything about it. That said she had sex with him and said she could not really tell that it was fake, she did say it was not very hard and that was probably because it was not a three piece or as it was still new I don’t know, all I know is he would out last me. She had sex with him several times as they were friends of ours that we saw from time to time and she was completely ok with the fake penis, I wish I would have had one back then because I have had problems keeping it up and when your with a group our another couple you don’t want to be the first one done and have to sit and watch the others have fun.

I agree with all you said (how could I not, it is your lived experience). But I take issue with the word, "fake". I prefer "cyborg". Definition: A person whose physical abilities are extended beyond normal human limitations by mechanical elements built into the body. (Bionic, to me implies electronics.)

I started a thread a while back asking if anyone would have objections to "a dildo inside a penis" and got a lot of heat for that phrasing. I knew it would be inflammatory at the time, but used it deliberately.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17510&p=159199
"Would women tell if they realize that you have an implant?"

I like it, Cyborg it is From now on. Like the Terminator
58yr. Married to awesome wife, retired after second back surgery. PE since early 20’s, ED started around 40, back surgeries and heart problems have ruin my dick
Update; implanted on May 10th, Dr. Karpman. 25cm + RTE

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:37 pm

Zoso22 wrote:I like it, Cyborg it is From now on. Like the Terminator
Thanks for the up-vote, Zoso22.
Drawbacks are that the alliteration of "Bionic Brotherhood" is quite attractive, perhaps more so than "Cyborg Sex". That, and Cyborgs have had a lot of bad images in Science Fiction movies, etc and the "Borg" of Star Trek fame.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Fourtytwo00

Postby Fourtytwo00 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:02 am

Chances are you're likely be the only implanted man a woman will ever met in her life :)

An implant will give me my ability to perform back, which is likely a prerequisite for staying on the market. Once we age erection quality gradually worsen. This doesn't happen once implanted. Yes the validation aspect of the erection is gone. This is something to deal with.

Actually my biggest fears are marriage related. Like being not welcomed by my wife, being considered like a men with an expensive performing dildo. As time goes by some marriages may survive even with a low sexual activity, even almost sexless after a certain age. But an implant is a big bet, even if it's not perfect, you can't pretend you don't have it or you did it just for yourself once you've got it. I guess the desire of feeling ok with my wife could became the desire of feeling OK with a woman. Forgive me if I went a little bit out of topic buddies.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:20 pm

Don't leave out of your calculations the possibility that an implanted man might spread the experience around many more women than your unimplanted man.

And be thrilled to find another.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:39 pm

Fourtytwo00 wrote:(edited for focus)
Actually my biggest fears are marriage related. Like being not welcomed by my wife, being considered like a men with an expensive performing dildo. As time goes by some marriages may survive even with a low sexual activity, even almost sexless after a certain age. But an implant is a big bet, even if it's not perfect, you can't pretend you don't have it or you did it just for yourself once you've got it. I guess the desire of feeling ok with my wife could became the desire of feeling OK with a woman. Forgive me if I went a little bit out of topic buddies.

If your marriage is solid, I think you have NOTHING to worry about.

From the comments here (over the past 7 years of posts I have read - reaching back to before I joined) the number of women who object to the supposed artificiality of "an expensive performing dildo" is vanishingly low. I strongly suspect that any woman who is able to enjoy coitus who objects to an implanted penis is not objecting to the implant, but to the man, using the implant as an excuse to not confront the real objection.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

jimmi85

Postby jimmi85 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:49 pm

This is an interesting question.

I have tried to work it out for the UK.

roughly 800 implants per year in the UK as far as i can research.
average lifespan is 10 years = 800 x 10 = 8000

Say 25% die within these 10 years = 6000 Brits at any one time have an implant.

Rough UK population - 70,000,000 or which around 26,000,000 are males over 18.

So, roughly one in every 4,333 males 18+ in the uk might have an implant.
Or, one in every 11,666 total population of the uk.
Implanted by Mike Fraser in feb 2022 due to a 80 degree dorsal curvature. 18cm Titan - way undersized. 8’ pre Peyronies, 6’ pre implant - currently 6’.

Return to “Implants”