Waiting For Stem Cells Before Going With Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
patrickhatrick

Waiting For Stem Cells Before Going With Implant

Postby patrickhatrick » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:45 am

Hey I am 24 years old. I have a severe venous leakage. My doctor recommended the implant for me because he said basically that i will never recover from the erectile tissue damage that I have. He also said that clinical trials for erectile dysfunction using stem cells will be going on sometime in the next few years.
Would you guys wait in hopes to have a chance to be included in these clinical trials or just go with the implant? There is no guarantee that these stem cells will make my erection 100 percent again but would you guys try it out if given the opportunity. I am very young at 24 so I want to make sure I explore every option out there to me.

If any of you guys know of any reputable overseas clinics that does these stem cells injected directly into the penis, I would appreciate it if you post them. My dad said he would pay up to 30 thousand dollars to have this done for me outside the country. He has seen the emotional damage that erectile dysfunction has done to me.

Minnesota

Re: Waiting For Stem Cells Before Going With Implant

Postby Minnesota » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:37 am

Interesting. I recieved my Coloplast Titan at the age of 20 (I am 22 now) and havent looked back since. It has given me everything that I was missing in my life. I was born with ED from a venous leak. Never, ever had an erection before an implant gave me one.

My advice on the topic, learn more about an implant and talk with those who have had one. The implant (assuming everything goes well) is a erection whenever you want it. You have no way of knowing when stem cells is going to happen. You could wait 2, 5, or even 10 years. Then what? You missed out on the experience of sex for 10 years. That sounds like more pain and suffering to me.
Diagnosed with ED at age of 19, Implanted with Coloplast Titan at age 20. Now 34 (2023)
Titan failed 09/2020, replaced on 10/2/2020 by Kolher @ Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:15 pm

Implants are a proven science and available now, stem cell therapy isn't proven, and isn't available presently. Why wait for something that may not work, when you can get the issue fixed now?
harddrive

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:11 am

Welcome Patrick,
Sorry to hear about your ED problem at such a young age.
I think that both Minnesota and Hard Drive have given you some excellent advice ---- stem cell therapy to treat ED is a future "possibility" while Implants are scientifically proven and available here and now!!
I developed ED Post-Prostatectomy in February 2004 and suffered with the devastating side-effects for 3+ years.
Then, on December 13, 2007, I received the Coloplast Titan Implant which completely corrected my ED and gave me back my sex life. I suggest that you read the Posts of other men in our Group who have received Implants and go into the
Chat Room. There is a wealth of information about ED here.
Do not hesitate to ask questions --- you are among friends.
Best of luck,

Bob

danny1553

Postby danny1553 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:38 am

Hi patrickhatrick

Be realistic. Even if the "miracle cure" from the stem cells were announced today it would still take 5-10 years before it becomes widely acceptable and affordable. Besides stem cells research is banned in many first world countries. And if I were you I wouldn't trust my dick to any third country professional, no matter how much marketing BS is around.
If something goes wrong with the local doctor you can at least expect some action under the thread of the malpractice law-suite. With the third world doctor the most you'll get - "sorry, pal... shit happens. Next, please!"

burnout

Postby burnout » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:34 am

Hi

I have found your topic through Google and I am very interested in stem cell therapy as well.

Before going with an implant I would recommend you take a look here about a topic that I have recently opened: http://ed-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=186&p=478#p478

There is a clinic in China (http://www.vigendo.com/erectile-dysfunction/) that already offers stem cell therapy for ED. I don't know about the results but a study performed by the well-known Dr. Thomas Lou who also uses this method was successful. Maybe we can gather more information on this and see if we could get any results and pricings for this. I would also bet that there are more clinics doing this already in China as the process for medical approval isn't as high as in the USA.

A second option could be a venous stripping surgery by Dr. Geng Hsu. He is the only expert in this field who has his own much more sophisticated method of doing this surgery and is not comparable to the traditional stripping method.
Here is a link to the method: http://ed-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11
and here is a link to experiences by patients: http://ed-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=111

burnout

Postby burnout » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:01 am

I have just send Vegendo an email and got this message back:

hanks for your message to Vigendo. We are an independent stem cell agent that works with a number of stem cell hospitals and health care providers in Asia, particularly in China. Erectile dysfunction can have many underlying causes and the success rate of stem cell treatment for patients suffering from erectile dysfunction very much depends on the cause of the condition and whether it is psychological or physical or related to a medication you may be taking. Treatments for patients where the ED is physical (i.e. has to do with the function of blood circulation, actual leakage, nerve issues or similar problems) has been good.

If you wish for us to begin an evaluation for you, please let us know what tests you have undergone so far, if you are taking any medications and what your doctors have said about the condition, then we can get back to you with information on whether or not you are eligible for treatment, what treatment programs are available and what the costs are. We will need to see your actual test results and know your date of diagnosis as well as your medical history.

I look forward to hearing from you and I hope you don't hesitate to contact me should you have any questions or concerns.

I am still waiting for information on pricing and information on any proven results.

an interesting video that shows how a man who lost a part of his finger could regrow it with stem cells: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_OI4Ttz ... re=related

a funny video about stem cells: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRtlkcQ6 ... re=related

patrickhatrick

Postby patrickhatrick » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:37 pm

Burnout, when they get back to you please post the information on here thanks

burnout

Postby burnout » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:22 pm

yes of course I'll keep you updated. I have also found another clinic in Thailand here: http://thaimedicalvacation.com/stem-cel ... treatment/

I just did 2 days of research on stem cell therapy (so I really don't know much about it yet) but my understanding so far is that China is much more advanced in regards Stem Cell therapy than the USA as there are not any regulations and the government subsidizes the research.

An interesting article about it: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2435574/

In the past 5 years, China has increased its efforts in the field of stem cell research and practice. Basic research mainly focuses on bone marrow and embryonic stem cells. Clinical applications of stem cells in the treatment of acute heart failure, acute liver failure and lower limb ischaemia have been reported by many hospitals. China enacted its ‘Ethical Guidelines for Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research’ in 2003. At present, China has the most liberal and favourable environments for human embryonic stem cell research.

burnout

Postby burnout » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:34 pm

Return to “Implants”