AMS 700 vs Titan OTR: Which is right for me?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
asmith

AMS 700 vs Titan OTR: Which is right for me?

Postby asmith » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:16 pm

After reading several online articles and posts about both the AMS 700 and the Titan OTR, I am left to wonder which IPP is best for me. So here are my concerns:

1) It appears the AMS 700 has the added value or prospect of maintaining pre-op penile length, and possibly increasing post-op penile length. The AMS 700 apparently deflates in such a way as to leave a more flaccid, natural appearance than the Titan OTR.

2) The Titan OTR has the added value of increasing girth, but not necessarily maintaining pre-op or increasing post-op penile length. In other words, with this device a patient may actually lose penile length post-op, but will maintain and possibly increase girth post-op.

3) My greatest concern: When deflated, the Titan OTR apparently leaves the penis in a nearly semi-erect state and the length of the flaccid penis remains the same as the length of the inflated penis with a Titan OTR. In other words, the Titan OTR leaves a man essentially hung all the time. Is that generally true?

My flaccid stretch length is 7-1/8" and I have measured a 7-1/2" penis fully erect after using a vacuum erection device.

I wear boxers and a suit to work every day. I don't like briefs or boxer briefs, as I prefer the looser feel of boxers, and I don't intend to stop wearing boxers at any time.

I'm concerned that with the Titan OTR I'm going to have a conspicuous bulge showing all the time, especially since I wear boxers and dress slacks to work. Have I overstated the concern? If I get the Titan OTR, am I really going to have a much larger bulge than I would otherwise have with the AMS 700? I wouldn't feel very comfortable walking around the office with a hung dick flopping around in my boxers.

Thoughts?

danny1553

Re: AMS 700 vs Titan OTR: Which is right for me?

Postby danny1553 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:49 pm

Wow, lucky you. I wish I had mine flaccid almost identical to erected, especially at that size :)
I think in your case LGX would be of no advantage. If the doc measures the cylinder length correctly you should expect virtually no loss with either of implants...

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:41 pm

danny1553 wrote:If the doc measures the cylinder length correctly you should expect virtually no loss with either of implants...

That's a bg "if." One of the most common complaints about penile implant surgery is the loss of length. Just look at the numerous threads on this forum on the subject. I spoke to the customer service rep at Coloplast several times before I had my surgery, and he stated unequivocally that a loss of one to two centimeters in penile length after the procedure is not uncommon.

As far as the issue of appearance. The Titan definitely stays puffed up somewhat even when flaccid. And it's getting harder to find pleated dress pants these days...

KMeister

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:37 pm

Welcome to FT.
I was implanted with the Titan in December 2007 after developing ED Post-Prostatectomy in 2004.
Personally, I have not had any problem with my implant appearing semi-erect after I deflate it.
I both work out with the weights and swim for exercise, spending lots of time in locker rooms where no one can tell that
I have an IPP (Inflatable Penile Prosthesis).
Also, I wear a tight fitting Speedo racing suit while swimming without feeling at all self-conscious.
When properly deflated, my implant is not conspicuous.
To the best of my knowledge, the Titan is preferred for men with 7+ inches erect, since it is made of a sturdier material.
Best to discuss this with your URO.
In any event, always remember, the final decision is yours and yours alone.
Best of luck.

Bob
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Age:73; Developed ED in 2004 (After Open Radical Prostatectomy); Implanted December 13, 2007 (Coloplast Titan)

dmikesaw

Postby dmikesaw » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:35 am

I was very optimistic before my surgery, too. I was 7 1/4 long and 6 around. Now, four months post activation I am just over 5 long and a little over 4 around. But it is the floppy head (it literally folds back at a 180 degree angle and points at me when I try to insert it) and the loss of sensitivity that bothers me most. YMMV..........

alan46

Postby alan46 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:16 pm

I'm at the begining of my search for an implant. I haven't found a definitive answer about how much length one looses. It seems like everything is vague. I would like to hear from men who have had implants and are very happy with the results regarding length and what you did to assure a positive outcome.

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:15 am

Don't worry about the lenght, it will be what ever it is. You will be asleep when the doc and rep take the unit out of the box and put it in so it doesn't do too much good to worry. At the critical moment they are on their own. A good surgeon will want a good outcome just as you do. If he is competent you should get a good result. In my opinion with the AMS LGX you may end up slightly longer, than the titan after a year or so but don't count on that. If you what bigger around then the titan has an adavntage, I think. In any case, you should expect to be a little shorter, maybe 10% at first but it could be more or less. If lenght is what matters the most and you have lenght that is usable now then maybe you should wait till you really need the implant , however if things aren't working at all, then the decision to go ahead should be easier. Really, once to decide to go for the implant all you can do is pick a good surgeon and hope things turn out to your satisfaction, as you might have gathered, they don't always come out perfectly. I am about 14 months post implant with the LGX and my surgeon could not have done it any better, he nailed it.
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

Ruffstuff12011

Postby Ruffstuff12011 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Just a general thought, be thankful if you have a noticeable bulge at all, some guys don't and wish that they did have one. Second, if that is of so much concern to you after all that you have gone through with getting the implant, settle on a smaller length and I guarantee that you will be wishing that you had the later, just my opinion on this! :D :) :lol: :cry:

newly1

Postby newly1 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:16 pm

My URO carries only AMS. That bothers me, I'm concerned about hardness and I also want it to look locker room good.

LGX_Man

Postby LGX_Man » Fri May 04, 2012 11:46 am

If any of you have read my posts over the past year, you will read how my AMS LGX 700 has increased very much in length and girth. The reason? I worked it worked it worked it. I kept it inflated as much as possible during the first year. My doctor was one of those who believe that inflation should begin at 10 days post-op. I made it get bigger and bigger in the BEGINNING so that I would win over the fight of the scar tissue taking it over. I also pulled and tugged on it to make sure that the chambers would stay free of the scar tissue and that the cylinders would seat firmly in the GLANS (head of the penis). It stretched it throughout the pain and burning to make sure that it would be what "I" wanted it to be.

It's a 21cm with 3cm of extenders. 1 inch = 2.54 centimeters Multiply that by 24 cm. If you factor that out, it means that 9.4 inches worth of implant was put into me. When I first measured after my implant, i was at about 4.5 inches. When I LAST measured, I was at 7x6. It IS POSSIBLE if you MAKE IT POSSIBLE.

However if you refuse to touch it or don't want to hurt yourself or any of the other reasons that I've heard men use on here, then scar tissue will take over and you will remain short. Scar tissue is the equivalent of cement in the body. Once it's there and it cements things in, it's OVER!

LGX GROWTH IS POSSIBLE!!! I'VE DONE IT!!!
Last edited by LGX_Man on Sat May 12, 2012 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
62. Retired. AMS 700 LGX implanted Nov. 18, 2013. Ask me any questions about being implanted or life afterwards.

Return to “Implants”