Implanted 6/7/18 my journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Quincy

Re: Implanted 6/7/18 my journal

Postby Quincy » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:15 am

I also have more pain in my abdomen than elsewhere, though not all the time. Other pain seems to come and go but that area stays all the time.

The abdominal pain is on my right side, just above the right testicle. That's where the opening is that the tubes go through to the reservoir, I think. The pain extends up a little from there probably to where the reservoir is placed, and down a little into the right nut. That nut seems to be the most impacted by having to share the space with its new roommate. The pain worsens when I tighten my abdominal muscles, such as sitting up or coughing. Icing has been helping it and hot baths once ok'd by your doctor.

This is my 5th morning since surgery and that pain has lessened considerably. It started getting better the 3rd morning. Still hurts, but no where near as much.

So I think it's normal. I'm glad you're making progress. For me, overall pain and swelling worsened into yesterday, but this 5th morning it feels like the both are starting to be better. Last night was my best night of sleep so far.

Best wishes.
Quincy
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

jijohnson99

Postby jijohnson99 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:34 am

Thanks Quincy,

Good to know I can learn from someone going through this the same time as me great journal btw
37 year old male married 15 years ed 13 years transplanted 6/7/18 Dr Shapiro Atlanta, Ga Titan Coloplast.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:28 am

The abdomen pain is normal. Keep in mind the reservoir is pretty good sized and had to be pushed into a place where it can reside. I am sure it bruised everything in its path.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

jijohnson99

Postby jijohnson99 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:01 pm

Day 4 follow up

In a little pain now but it’s not to bad ok to say the least. Peeing is still really painful will be glad when it goes away funny how I’m on dialysis and before implant did not pee that much since surgery it’s like I have to pee every hour. Glucose level was over 500 a few minutes ago so I had to up my insulin intake not good the one thing that bothers me the most is an infection and if my sugar stays this high that will be the case even with antibiotics so I have to stay on top of it. Not planning on doing much today but laying down even with pain I have not took much pain meds only some ibuprofen and not much of that trying to bear it for now until I can’t any more so I guess all is well with the healing but still early in the process so I know more to come.

Jimmy
37 year old male married 15 years ed 13 years transplanted 6/7/18 Dr Shapiro Atlanta, Ga Titan Coloplast.

TomW46

Postby TomW46 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:10 pm

I remember that damn Foley's catheter. The first few pees brought tears to my eyes.
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

jijohnson99

Postby jijohnson99 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:48 pm

Wow! Had my wth moment earlier almost deflated myself but got through it. Feeling a little better pain when I pee is easing up but still there. Keeping up with my meds and laying low hopefully days will be better.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:41 am

jijohnson99 wrote:Day 4 follow up

In a little pain now but it’s not to bad ok to say the least. Peeing is still really painful will be glad when it goes away funny how I’m on dialysis and before implant did not pee that much since surgery it’s like I have to pee every hour. Glucose level was over 500 a few minutes ago so I had to up my insulin intake not good the one thing that bothers me the most is an infection and if my sugar stays this high that will be the case even with antibiotics so I have to stay on top of it. Not planning on doing much today but laying down even with pain I have not took much pain meds only some ibuprofen and not much of that trying to bear it for now until I can’t any more so I guess all is well with the healing but still early in the process so I know more to come.

Jimmy

Jimmy; That pain is common... it's as a result of the catheter. Your high glucose rate tells me you are a bit dehydrated, that is the last thing you want. The best way to make that pain stop is to piss it away. The more you use it, the better it will feel. :)

Larry

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:02 am

Larry10625 wrote:

Jimmy

Jimmy; That pain is common... it's as a result of the catheter. Your high glucose rate tells me you are a bit dehydrated, that is the last thing you want. The best way to make that pain stop is to piss it away. The more you use it, the better it will feel. :)

Larry

Jimmy, how the catheter was removed has a lot to do with the pain when peeing. I had a surgery, not implant darn it, about a year ago. The nurse, female, latterly yanked it out :o , causing what I would describe as a rope burn inside. The first time I tried to pee, about an hour later, IT WAS ON FIRE! Hurt like nothing I have ever felt! After trying heavy duty pain meds which did not help at all, finely a male nurse came in and gave me something that is used for UTI infections and it helped enough that I could pee in little squirts to relieve the pressure. It took about two weeks before the pain was gone completely. It was the worse thing I have ever been through! So if you ever have to have another cath, tell them to PLEASE, pull it out SLOWLY. Andy
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:44 pm

andywalther wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

Jimmy

Larry

Jimmy, how the catheter was removed has a lot to do with the pain when peeing. I had a surgery, not implant darn it, about a year ago. The nurse, female, latterly yanked it out :o , causing what I would describe as a rope burn inside. The first time I tried to pee, about an hour later, IT WAS ON FIRE! Hurt like nothing I have ever felt! After trying heavy duty pain meds which did not help at all, finely a male nurse came in and gave me something that is used for UTI infections and it helped enough that I could pee in little squirts to relieve the pressure. It took about two weeks before the pain was gone completely. It was the worse thing I have ever been through! So if you ever have to have another cath, tell them to PLEASE, pull it out SLOWLY. Andy

The other thing that makes a difference is how long it has been in. The longer it is in the longer your body starts adjusting to it. The sooner it's out, the better. Drink lots and make yourself pee, you will feel better soon. :)

Larry

TomW46

Postby TomW46 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:58 pm

I had exactly the same experience! I'm at day 3 now. Excruciating pain when I peed - big time. They also gave me the Pyridine. I'm still peeing in short painful squirts. Please tell me this ends at day 4 (tomorrow) as my Pyridine script runs out today.
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

Return to “Implants”