New Implant - pain

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Boyce123

Re: New Implant - pain

Postby Boyce123 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:20 am

16 days post-op now, still not happy but hanging in there. I've had a couple of setbacks. As I posted at 9 days out, my surgeon told me (because I was concerned about the right crook in my dick) that if I wanted to I could try inflating it a bit, and that it would help to straighten it out. BIG mistake. Three days ago I pumped it up a little (maybe 1/2 way?), and started getting massive sharp pains. I couldn't get a grip on the deflator button no matter how hard I tried, and I believe due to the internal stitches it was IMMENSELY painful to try. So I couldn't deflate it, and the pain was outrageous. I went to his office in the morning after a terrible night, and he just grabbed in there and hit the deflator button. Oh my God, that was so painful I think the entire building heard me. But it gave immediate relief. Unfortunately it didn't fully deflate, so now I can't wear any underwear or regular pants, just my fleece PJs. I can't handle any pressure on it. Then yesterday, I was out doing a little bit of work in the garden (just getting fresh air, really) and pulled up a rose bush runner. Damn if it didn't break and cause me to hit myself in the dick with my own hand. Put me back in the recliner with lots of Tylenol and frozen peas. I guess I just have to wait this out. It sucks, but I trust it will all be a bad memory before too long. So, for all of that, my advice to anyone starting this process...GO EASY on everything. Don't touch it for at least a couple of weeks, or more. Don't push it.
62 yr. old male had prostatetectomy which caused ED. Had malleable (semi-rigid) implant installed but very unhappy with it. Had it removed 7 wks. later and 3- pc. inflatable installed.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Fri May 11, 2018 11:48 am

25 days post op. Pain still there but a little better. got out on my riding mower for over an hour. Went out and did a little walking with my bird dog. 1/2 mile. Still on 2 x strength Tylenol every 6 or7 hrs. Pain is mostly in glans. sensitive as hell. 2 days till my dr appt. I am still 60-70% pumped. sticks straight out when free.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

redandwhite

Postby redandwhite » Fri May 11, 2018 12:55 pm

Man I'm feeling with you but I don't know what advice to give. When my friends (some of whom are trying to decide whether to get an implant themselves) ask me about pain I tell them that mine was more a pain in the ass during recovery rather than all that painful. We all have different recoveries etc. but I know it has been worrisome for you. I had a hematoma form in my scrotum, probably due to my being on warfarin to prevent another DVT/Embolism like I had years ago, that obscured and enveloped the pump assembly so I couldn't get to it, and that took several weeks to resolve.
Now I'm 10 months out and I would say that I'm finally at the point where I'm fully recovered and everything is working fine.
Surgery at VA July 2017 after many years struggling with pills, shots, pump, etc. Should've done it way sooner! October 2020: VA just replaced the first one with another due to stuck valve...AMS 700 LGX.

Maverick2dog

Postby Maverick2dog » Sat May 12, 2018 11:44 pm

I am 5 weeks out and most of the pain is gone. My doc told me to take two weeks off of work. I was off 10 days not enough time. The intense pain was gone by two week, but lots of pressure and manageable pain. Spent as much time as I could with my dick hanging out. Also lots of icing. At 5 weeks at the end of the work day I am very ready to get my dick out of my pants. I still have some trouble sleeping through the night.

I find it funny that they call this surgery minimally invasive. If I need to be flat on my back or do nothing for 3 day, take 2 weeks off work and stay out of the gym for a month it does not seem minimal. Not to mention no sex for 6 weeks. If I had to be on my feet or do manual labor 2 weeks would not be enough off time.

Of course any man is going to be very concerned with the pain, how things look, and the progress. Was this done correctly, will I be smaller, should it hurt this bad. Of course we are concerned, it is our Dick.

If your not sure things are right or have major concerns, ask someone, call your doc. It’s your dick.

Yes I would do it again. It is my dick.
59 years old. Forth revision 10/2021
Third revision 9/21 moved pump replaced one cylinder AMS CX 21+ 3. Second revision January 31st 2019 AMS CX 21,+2CM RTE. First revision November 15th, 2018 24CM CX .5RTE. Implanted 4/2018, Titian 22CM 2.5 RTE

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun May 13, 2018 7:42 am

Boyce123 wrote:16 days post-op now, still not happy but hanging in there. I've had a couple of setbacks. As I posted at 9 days out, my surgeon told me (because I was concerned about the right crook in my dick) that if I wanted to I could try inflating it a bit, and that it would help to straighten it out. BIG mistake. Three days ago I pumped it up a little (maybe 1/2 way?), and started getting massive sharp pains. I couldn't get a grip on the deflator button no matter how hard I tried, and I believe due to the internal stitches it was IMMENSELY painful to try. So I couldn't deflate it, and the pain was outrageous. I went to his office in the morning after a terrible night, and he just grabbed in there and hit the deflator button. Oh my God, that was so painful I think the entire building heard me. But it gave immediate relief. Unfortunately it didn't fully deflate, so now I can't wear any underwear or regular pants, just my fleece PJs. I can't handle any pressure on it. Then yesterday, I was out doing a little bit of work in the garden (just getting fresh air, really) and pulled up a rose bush runner. Damn if it didn't break and cause me to hit myself in the dick with my own hand. Put me back in the recliner with lots of Tylenol and frozen peas. I guess I just have to wait this out. It sucks, but I trust it will all be a bad memory before too long. So, for all of that, my advice to anyone starting this process...GO EASY on everything. Don't touch it for at least a couple of weeks, or more. Don't push it.

Boyce;
I am very sorry you are having so much pain. It really is hit and miss. With my first implant I was in a lot more pain than the second time and the bruising with the forst covered my entire pelvic region and about half way between my naval and pelvis. With the second one there was no bruising and very little swelling and only minor discomfort. So from experience working in the medical field I can tell you that your doctor HAD NO CHOICE to "grab in there and hit the deflator button" because if he had tried to do it gently, a) he would have had a difficult time locating it due to swelling b) you probably would not have let him (because of pain) c) he would not have been able to squeeze hard enough to deflate it. As for hitting your own dick, I am pretty sure I can speak for almost every man on planet earth when I say "yup, did that and DIDN'T LIKE IT"... oh yeah, it hurts like hell.. Should you ever require a revision, it doesn't mean that you will experience this nightmare again and, as for this time, as time goes by you will start feeling better each day and you will be dancing the horizontal Mambo soon enough my friend. Take care and make Ibuprophen and ice packs your new best friends. :)

Larry

Boyce123

Postby Boyce123 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:03 pm

So tomorrow will be 3 weeks since my implant. (This was a re-do, after having a malleable installed in March, and then having it removed and replaced with the AMS700 LGX.) I had high hopes that this would be easier since the opening was already there, but boy was I wrong. It's been rough, but I'm glad to say things are much better now. I went to see my surgeon today and he was able to deflate it more, removing the primary cause of the pain, lately. Being partially inflated (see previous posts) it was impossible to wear pants or even underwear. I'm now wearing my regular clothes and feeling almost back to normal. The other reason I went in today was because of a very sharp point sticking out from the base of my shaft. I was convinced that this was a piece of metal or plastic sticking out, and that I would need yet another surgery to fix or replace a broken implant. Thankfully the doc tells me this is just the knot in the suture that's sticking out, and it will dissolve in another week or two. What a huge relief. So all in all, I think I'm finally going to get back to my life.

This forum has been a huge help. If I couldn't talk about all this I think I would have gone crazy. Thanks for the support, all.
62 yr. old male had prostatetectomy which caused ED. Had malleable (semi-rigid) implant installed but very unhappy with it. Had it removed 7 wks. later and 3- pc. inflatable installed.

Return to “Implants”