Trouble inflating right cylinder

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
newbie443

Re: Trouble inflating right cylinder

Postby newbie443 » Sat May 05, 2018 6:58 pm

Donnie,

I have message him many times on this. But as he has not seen me since this started I can understand him thinking I have not figured the pump out yet. He must get a good number of guys that take a while to figure it out or quirky pumps. His time schedule for this is to keep trying for at least another month then go back to him for an exam several weeks after that. Maybe he knows the pump is bad and I have to wait that long before it can be replaced. IDK and that is why I asked the question of how long before it could be replaced. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. That is why I asked if I should call AMS to see if they could help me out.

I will try my local guy next week to see if he can help and will message Kramer again if that fails. I paid out of pocket for this as insurance would not pay him to do this and I cannot pay out of pocket again. Thing is with only 3 proper inflations of the right cylinder I now have a bend to the right. The left works and is improving length while the right is not. If I continue to add the partial pumps after max and wait long enough to get the right close to left I have soreness and bruising on both sides and have to wait a few days to heel. And it varies so much from one attempt to the next I cannot just go on pump counts.

My GF is still supportive but this is really doing a number on me with most of the attempts ending in failure. Even when I had the successes there were at least 2 failed attempts. She is visiting me again for 3 days starting tomorrow. That old ED cloud is back. Trying to stay positive as I can on this. But I really need to find a away to get this pump working consistently well.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat May 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Stay positive. You will find a solution. The device has a lifetime warranty. If you had to pay out of pocket again, it would be roughly 8k less than you paid before.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat May 05, 2018 7:40 pm

ED2013 wrote:The ams pumps can be glitchy when new. I would try pumping in a hot bath to loosen everything up. Make sure the first pump is quick and sharp to activate the valve. Then slow steady pumps. If it doesn’t work, press the release button and try again. Try this many times in a row and see if it helps.

At this point I'll try naked in the rain on one foot in the middle of a busy street.

Here is what happens. The cylinders partially fill even if I squeeze and pop the pump after deflating. If I try to just inflate the pump bulb is really firm and I can only pump 2-4 times. The left is rock hard and the right is soft. I can push the deflate button but I do not feel a click (except on the 3 times I mentioned). I can feel the fluid move back though the pump and if I squeeze the shaft I feel more fluid go back after I release the button. The bulb is now rock hard. If I squeeze it really fast it will jump out from between my fingers. I push really hard on it and feel the pop. Then I start pumping a really firm bulb. About 5-10 pumps depending on how hard the bulb is and how full the pumps are and how much I squeezed out. The left goes to max and the right is flaccid and flat. I keep repeating with squeezing left more than the right. Try stretching as per AMS dvd and squeezing the side of the block and pushing the release button. Again no click from the release button. I try to squeeze the left cylinder more than the right to leave fluid in the right. And I repeat and added shaking the pump. After 5-6 attempts my sack is to sore to continue. On the rare occasion the deflate button clicks the bulb is much softer. Much easier to do a fast pump and pop the bulb. Both go up equally and I can get over 30 nice easy smooth pumps in. Super great results. If on one of the failed earlier attempts I leave the left inflated and keep pumping small forced pumps the right side will slowly fill. Takes a long time and more partial forced pumps causing pain and bruising in both sides.

So warm bath tonight and see how that goes. Thank you. I had tried a heating pad early on and one of the clicks with the deflate button may have happened then.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

66 years young.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat May 05, 2018 7:46 pm

ED2013 wrote:Stay positive. You will find a solution. The device has a lifetime warranty. If you had to pay out of pocket again, it would be roughly 8k less than you paid before.

Still going to be a long time before I would be able. Was needing this one to get me to Social Security in 4 years.

66 years young.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:12 pm

I understand. Make sure you press the release button hard when deflating. It will deflate even when it’s not fully depressed. Push it hard and depress it fully.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:24 pm

ED2013 wrote:I understand. Make sure you press the release button hard when deflating. It will deflate even when it’s not fully depressed. Push it hard and depress it fully.

The times the release button clicked were really easy. I have squeezed the heck out of it and still no click. I tried the practice pump and it separated when I squeezed it not quite as hard as my real one. Might be that the button is stuck down a bit. Thinking about it the times the button clicked I could feel it sticking up more.

Great posts Ed. Thank you. Maybe I finally have a idea of what the problem is.

66 years young.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat May 05, 2018 11:45 pm

Threads bitching about my AMS seem a long time ago now. I never saw Milam after surgery but the 3 students who came in told me to pull it back and forth when I was inflating to work kinks out. Penis and pump. Said the tubing was prone to kink. Sometimes I had to pump a couple pumps, hit deflate and try again to get it to inflate right. 13 1/2 months later it was replaced with a Coloplast but about 2 weeks before the new implant, the damned thing finally started working very nicely and pump dropped down into a primo location ( wish this one was there). There has been a lot of discussion about AMS being a glitchy p.o.s. but mostly smooth out and work well over time. I even had doctors tell me they were glichy for a few months. The AMS implant does have some nice attributes so I hope it will work out for you in the end. Cheers.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sun May 06, 2018 12:23 am

Well I ran a bath as hot as I could stand. Had trouble handling the pump in the bath tube tried to inflate once in the tube. Same results with a fail. Stood up and stretched shook the pump again and squeezed the ends of the block. Tried again with another fail. Repeated. Failed. Tried again in my bedroom. Failed.

At least now I think I know what I am looking for. The deflate button seems to be just level or a bit below the ridge around it. So I need to keep track of what I do to get it raised a bit and easier to push. That is when it worked correctly the 3 times before.

Thanks for the help and kind words.

66 years young.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun May 06, 2018 8:33 am

Dude,
I have no problems with my AMS from day one. My Urologist pumped me full after my surgery, came in the next day, had my catheter removed, deflated me to about 80% and sent me home. I can't imagine a qualified Surgeon wouldn't make sure you implant worked before sending you home. Even if he did, there are a few tricks.
1. Hold your pump firmly at the connectors outlining the pump bulb in your scrotum.
2. While firmly holding the pump, give the bulb a quick squeeze. You should always feel the 'pop'.
3. Continue holding the pump and squeeze about 5 times.
4.Massage your penis with both hands, starting at the tips in the head working down the tubes on both sides. They should be equally inflated. If not continue the massage, gently pressing on the tubes.
5. Add 5 more pumps and repeat the process. This should help and dick should be hard.
6. After about 20-30 pumps, I am ready.
7. When I am ready to deflate, I find the pump with one or two hands and press the deflate button firmly untill I feel it set and saline returning to the reservoir. A quick squeeze will let you let out a little but not totally deflate.
8. I push my dick firmly and squeeze out any remaining saline. This resets the pump untill next time.
I hope this works my friends,
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sun May 06, 2018 1:48 pm

The release button should be raised above the block. Definitely something going on there. As mentioned before, these can be glitchy until they’re broken in. Hopefully that’s the case with you. There’s a wait time before you can have a revision anyway. Either way you have time to play with it.

Return to “Implants”