red pea sized lump on scrotal skin

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
MichaelM

red pea sized lump on scrotal skin

Postby MichaelM » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:27 am

When trying to pump up the implant, I noticed a pain that was not there. I ignored it for a while, but finally decided to look. I noticed a red lump near the suture line that is relatively soft, attached to the skin (more inside than outside), does not float and is unattached to anything besides the skin. It hurts to touch or squeeze it. It is red on the outside but not red past the lump itself. My urologist is booked and I am inclined to try anybody who has time. I would think it would be easy to remove but I don't know what it is and it is hard to get comfortable because it is relatively high in the scrotal skin so the pump touches it a lot which hurts. Any ideas, experience, guesses, or comments any of you guys have? I only ask in this forum because it is right next to the suture line created when doing my implant.
6/2013 DaVinci Radical Prostatectomy sacrificing erectile nerve. 5/16/2017 AMS 700 MS series 15cm (with 4 RTEs) No orgasm unless after extended time. Am now 4.5 inches (after an hour, maybe 5 inches; 5.5 implanted). Lots of hand arthritis. Age 65

Daverx

Re: red pea sized lump on scrotal skin

Postby Daverx » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:48 am

I would contact my doctor to be on the safe side. Sounds like a suture could have gotten infected.
75 yr old survivor of aggressive PC, original implant in 2012, revision Apr 19 2018. AMS 18cm 3cm RTE Happy man.

rancher

Postby rancher » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:56 am

I had dissolvable sutures, however where they were tied (at the end of the incision) the small knot became slightly infected. It was definitely very tender there. After close inspection I saw this, removed the small piece of suture (that had not dissolved) , and it felt better immediately.
But, I'm not a doctor. Would recommend you see yours.

Good luck.
Implanted with Titan by Dr. Higuchi at Colorado University Hospital on April 27th, 2018.
65 years young.

MichaelM

Postby MichaelM » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:34 am

As you can see in my signature line, the surgery was 5 years ago. So the suture seemed unlikely. But it does seem soft enough to be filled with something, and I used hydrogen peroxide and poked it with a needle then squeezed. I got mostly blood but I think I got a drop of white. So if it gets better, it was a cyst that I drained, if it gets worse than "I had a fool for a doctor and an idiot for a patient" as the saying goes for doctors treating themselves. If it goes back to the same thing, then I did nothing but I tried in a "mom's medical degree" kind of way, to drain a cyst. I did pull out a hair from the lump, with tweezers. Nothing happened. I'll let you know if I did any good. (or vice versa) :(
6/2013 DaVinci Radical Prostatectomy sacrificing erectile nerve. 5/16/2017 AMS 700 MS series 15cm (with 4 RTEs) No orgasm unless after extended time. Am now 4.5 inches (after an hour, maybe 5 inches; 5.5 implanted). Lots of hand arthritis. Age 65

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:05 pm

MichaelM wrote:As you can see in my signature line, the surgery was 5 years ago. So the suture seemed unlikely. But it does seem soft enough to be filled with something, and I used hydrogen peroxide and poked it with a needle then squeezed. I got mostly blood but I think I got a drop of white. So if it gets better, it was a cyst that I drained, if it gets worse than "I had a fool for a doctor and an idiot for a patient" as the saying goes for doctors treating themselves. If it goes back to the same thing, then I did nothing but I tried in a "mom's medical degree" kind of way, to drain a cyst. I did pull out a hair from the lump, with tweezers. Nothing happened. I'll let you know if I did any good. (or vice versa) :(

Could have been an ingrown hair that got infected too.

Larry

rancher

Postby rancher » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:25 am

Sorry, Michael, didn't catch the date.
Too early in the morning and not enough coffee yet.

Hopefully things will "clear up" for you soon.
Implanted with Titan by Dr. Higuchi at Colorado University Hospital on April 27th, 2018.
65 years young.

Return to “Implants”