What to think of threads such as these?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Baseballfan11

Re: What to think of threads such as these?

Postby Baseballfan11 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:42 pm

ED2013 wrote:Where are you located?

Houston but go to San Antonio for school
26 years old. USA. ED problem since teenage years. Doctor prescribed ED meds showing some efficacy but not a guarantee. As much as I’d like the implant I now think I should hold off if I’m seeing some results from pills

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:47 pm

Baseballfan11 wrote:

If you’re dead set on staying relatively local, Dr Morey in Dallas is where I’d start for a consultation.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:48 pm

Johnny wrote:I've been very fortunate with good results with my implant so far, 18 months I've had it, but I have to say after reading some of the experiences on there, I am a little worried about this thing failing and having a redo, so far no regrets but time will tell.

Any mechanical device can fail. Medical devices are pretty reliable and the service life of implants has been getting better and better as the devices are improved incrementally as the manufacturers learn more about modes of failure and how to prevent them.

While mechanical devices are bound to fail, you have seen in your own experience that organic devices also fail. That is why the mechanical devices are implanted. Take good care of yourself and enjoy it while it works and fix or replace it when it quits.

Do not worry about what you cannot affect. Just enjoy. There is very little you can do to an implant that would not also break a natural penis.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Baseballfan11

Postby Baseballfan11 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:56 pm

ED2013 wrote:
Baseballfan11 wrote:

If you’re dead set on staying relatively local, Dr Morey in Dallas is where I’d start for a consultation.

Thank you! I've also heard good things about Lipshultz in Houston and Cornell in Houston.
26 years old. USA. ED problem since teenage years. Doctor prescribed ED meds showing some efficacy but not a guarantee. As much as I’d like the implant I now think I should hold off if I’m seeing some results from pills

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:02 am

There are alot of old bullshit stuff out there. There is one floating around that the survey was a 100 men. Made the whole procecure sound like failures.

Here we are not medical experts but end user experts. Granted 99% are happy with our implants, but there are are also those that have had a bad experience. Ask questions if you do not want to ask in public use the PM function. Even if you ask in public you may get an answer in a PM.

How hard you are for sex is between you and your partner. She can have you as hard as she wants from fully deflated for oral and one of you give the pump a few squeezes for you to grow as she sucks, to just enough to penetrate to rock hard let me drive you could hang a towel on it. There is no way for any of us to tell you that. We can give you our experinces.

My dr told me that one of his patients his wife can have 5 guys in one session and only be with her husband,

Dont let the bullshit medical sites scare you. Talk to us.
Read the post on my signiture about advise

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:35 am

Baseballfan11 wrote:
Spikepork wrote:Invariably there are good and bad in all medical results and good and bad surgeons. Do your homework. This isn’t having an ingrowing toe nail removed. This is make or break surgery. One chance to regain a working dick. The fact many on this thread didn’t even realise a natural erection was not possible post surgery is so damn scary. Done correctly and by a confident and experienced surgeon the results can be life changing. I should know!!

I would prefer surgery with a doctor close to home- I've found some guys in the area that do implants fairly routinely. But as to your point, that's exactly right. This is a surgery you absolutely need done correctly to restore your life. I'm very glad things have worked out well for you, nobody deserves to suffer through this problem.

This is why I practically beg people to name the doctors that have messed them up. I ride the members on here about advertising for their surgeons, saying that the had a great experience or not so much is fine but, if it looks like a commercial, whammo, it gets deleted. I have said that most surgeons perform the procedure properly (you can watch it on YouTube) and things work out just fine. Others excel and some of the outcomes are above average... for example, less swelling, less bruising, quicker recovery, etc. but we owe it to each other to spread the word about bad surgeons. Don't get me wrong, everybody can have a bad day but if a doctor seems to have more bad days than good, you should probably walk the other way.

Baseballfan11

Postby Baseballfan11 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:59 am

hturner12 wrote:There are alot of old bullshit stuff out there. There is one floating around that the survey was a 100 men. Made the whole procecure sound like failures.

Here we are not medical experts but end user experts. Granted 99% are happy with our implants, but there are are also those that have had a bad experience. Ask questions if you do not want to ask in public use the PM function. Even if you ask in public you may get an answer in a PM.

How hard you are for sex is between you and your partner. She can have you as hard as she wants from fully deflated for oral and one of you give the pump a few squeezes for you to grow as she sucks, to just enough to penetrate to rock hard let me drive you could hang a towel on it. There is no way for any of us to tell you that. We can give you our experinces.

My dr told me that one of his patients his wife can have 5 guys in one session and only be with her husband,

Thank you! I didn't know you could still do oral successfully without being pumped up. I agree with you also that the majority of implant patients seem satisfied. However this crowd is usually older men post prostatectomy and not a younger crowd. Maybe young guys don't feel as satisfied- not sure

shooter1000

Postby shooter1000 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:45 pm

I went to the site and read some of the reports. Things that stuck out were the number of complaints after 4 weeks, the number of unsatisfied VA patients(likely low volume surgeons), and the good recommendations coming form the few posts that were from those implanted by a top surgeon. Although no names were mentioned mostly Perito ( Florida and top side surgery) I think on the good side. It is pretty upsetting to think that men reading those posts might choose against an implant when so many of us have had great results...me included. If I live long enough to wear mine out I'll have another in a heartbeat.
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

Johnny

Postby Johnny » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:16 pm

I agree, seemed like a lot of same complaints from same people, like you I would have mine replaced if and when needed in a heartbeat
Hello, married to a beautiful wife who helped me make this decision. Had the AMS 700 implanted 18 months ago and love it. Here to help if anyone needs any advice. I'm 59 and from the Pittsburgh area.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:25 pm

Baseballfan11 wrote:
hturner12 wrote:There are alot of old bullshit stuff out there. There is one floating around that the survey was a 100 men. Made the whole procecure sound like failures.

Thank you! I didn't know you could still do oral successfully without being pumped up. I agree with you also that the majority of implant patients seem satisfied. However this crowd is usually older men post prostatectomy and not a younger crowd. Maybe young guys don't feel as satisfied- not sure

Actually, while you are correct that a very large portion of members are prostate cancer survivors, there are lots of members between age 20 all the way up to late 70's. The majority of members that post a lot are those of us who are middle aged and up. Lots of the youngins only come out to play once in a while.. :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”