Implant scheduled for September

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: Implant scheduled for September

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:09 pm

Welcome aboard, Atila007.

Atila007 wrote:Thank you ddbryan

I just found this forum one week ago, and the information has been very useful. I have a question on which is better device?. My doctor will use either the AMS 700 lgx or the Coloplast

They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

AMS CX seems a bit stronger than the LGX, but does not have the length flexibility of the LGX. Both are made from a Dacron/Silicone sandwich which is more flexible than the Coloplast Titan's material. The Titan is apparently stronger because of that. And stiffer (which, when flaccid, is sometimes a drawback for some men). Whel the Coloplast may (or may not be) stiffer when inflated, both manufacturers' devices are stiff enough when inflated to be uncomfortable for sex, so the "extra" stiffness of the Coloplast Titan is just wasteful overkill in that regard.

While the Coloplast Titan may have stronger cylinders than AMS' models, the tubing is Coloplast's Achilles heel, the the track record of service life is about the same (according to what Dr. Eid wrote to me). Just the modes of failure differ by a small amount.

The MOST IMPORTANT THING in choosing between the various models/makers is how it fits your particular anatomy. Peyronies Disease, scarring or an oversized penis sometimes dictates the Coloplast Titan. Dr. Eid chooses the implant only after examining the patient's interior tissues, particularly the condition of the Tunica and chooses whether to use a "tunica dependent" or "tunica independent" implant based on that, and other, factors.

So, the short answer is...... it depends.

Good luck
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Atila007

Postby Atila007 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:14 pm

Thank you Lost Sheep. your information was very useful. I will just let the Doctor decide during surgery.
66 year old from Southern Calif. with Diabetes
Implant AMS 700 CX 21 cm. RTE 3 cm. 09/07/17

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:28 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:Welcome aboard, Atila007.

Atila007 wrote:Thank you ddbryan

I just found this forum one week ago, and the information has been very useful. I have a question on which is better device?. My doctor will use either the AMS 700 lgx or the Coloplast

They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

AMS CX seems a bit stronger than the LGX, but does not have the length flexibility of the LGX. Both are made from a Dacron/Silicone sandwich which is more flexible than the Coloplast Titan's material. The Titan is apparently stronger because of that. And stiffer (which, when flaccid, is sometimes a drawback for some men). Whel the Coloplast may (or may not be) stiffer when inflated, both manufacturers' devices are stiff enough when inflated to be uncomfortable for sex, so the "extra" stiffness of the Coloplast Titan is just wasteful overkill in that regard.

While the Coloplast Titan may have stronger cylinders than AMS' models, the tubing is Coloplast's Achilles heel, the the track record of service life is about the same (according to what Dr. Eid wrote to me). Just the modes of failure differ by a small amount.

The MOST IMPORTANT THING in choosing between the various models/makers is how it fits your particular anatomy. Peyronies Disease, scarring or an oversized penis sometimes dictates the Coloplast Titan. Dr. Eid chooses the implant only after examining the patient's interior tissues, particularly the condition of the Tunica and chooses whether to use a "tunica dependent" or "tunica independent" implant based on that, and other, factors.

So, the short answer is...... it depends.

Good luck

My doctor implants both Coloplast and AMS. I asked him his preference and he confidently said that, as you said, it depends. Same goes for CX vs LGX. I decided that since I am not a doctor, it would be silly for me to pick my choice based on maybe getting a bit more length or girth. I completely left the choice to him. Nobody could ever convince me that he would be wrong. He has no reason whatsoever, to choose one that would not be ideal.

Larry :)

DrBlick

Postby DrBlick » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:30 pm

So exciting...congratulations on taking this step! I love this forum as it is doing such a good job of encouraging honest, non-judgemental discussion about ED, and especially Penile Implants. Because while it is often the best solution for men who have failed all of the other more conservative methods, or just weren't comfortable trying them, penile implants still remain a secret to the community at-large due to a lack of education and marketing. For SO many years, penile implants have been misunderstood, giving them this scary/mystical image, and both primary care physicians and urologists have often failed to educate their patients about such a highly successful option. Therefore I am so thankful that this forum exists so everyone can discuss openly and share their REAL experiences, providing so much emotional and mental support.

I couldn't be happier for you and I wish you a speedy recovery when you get your implant in September! I perform this procedure in high volume and on a regular basis, so feel free to throw any questions my way to possibly ease your mind a bit!

Atila007

Postby Atila007 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:22 pm

Thank you Dr. Blick, your recommendations and advice are encouraging. I agree this forum is very useful to educate men about ED and reading about the experiences of Penile Implants. I am very excited to have the Implant done.
66 year old from Southern Calif. with Diabetes
Implant AMS 700 CX 21 cm. RTE 3 cm. 09/07/17

nudist

Postby nudist » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:06 pm

I am also scheduled for september, pending a successful insurance company appeal. my surgeon is Dr. Brady in orlando. getting a titan to correct peyronies and ED
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:25 pm

Implant revision scheduled for ??? Was August 4, but insurance fight killed that date. Insurance dragon has his fire out for now so looking for new data as soon as possible. Would like the old one.

Let's all raise a stiff one to our successes in October.

David
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:41 pm

Well back on schedule; the new date is August 18. Only lost two week fighting insurance. Now the wait. I get to join all the rest waiting for D day. Been there done that, but same old worries, apprehension, and wishing the time were shorter.

To all scheduled before, after, or the same day, cheers and best successes.

David
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:52 pm

radiodec wrote:Well back on schedule; the new date is August 18. Only lost two week fighting insurance. Now the wait. I get to join all the rest waiting for D day. Been there done that, but same old worries, apprehension, and wishing the time were shorter.

To all scheduled before, after, or the same day, cheers and best successes.

David

Alright David! Are you getting another LGX?
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:52 pm

I leave that to my surgeon's call. I believe so. I hope so too, want to push the envelope a little.

David

Return to “Implants”