Pump Assist Device

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SR68GTO

Pump Assist Device

Postby SR68GTO » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:55 pm

I am 13 weeks out and unfortunately still have discomfort but am able to pump up daily. When I pump, I know I have more fluid in my reservoir after I pump up and if I could get some additional leverage or a better grip, I could pump some more which may help me regain additional length. My Doc says I can pump all I want and it will not hurt anything but my hands are just too weak from my arthritis to go beyond a certain point. This may sound like a strange question to some but is there something like a pair of plyers with soft padding on the tips that is made to assist people with grip problems for use with implant pumps? I thought of trying to fabricate something but maybe there is something out there you know of expressly for this purpose.

Appreciate any comments people might have regarding what they have done when they suffer from grip weakness.

hardernharder

Re: Pump Assist Device

Postby hardernharder » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:38 pm

Hi,
Can you ask your partner to pump the implant for you?
You can try pumping it up in a bathtub.
Once in a while see your urologist and ask him to pump to 100%, it is very important to break the protective tissue around the implant to preserve the length!
Keep on try using your fingers

jelizondo12

Postby jelizondo12 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:08 pm

hey I am in the same boat, a couple weeks ago I suggested using a device like pliers with soft jaws of course and some folks thought I was joking. I pump up twice a day but I feel that I am not 100% up because I can still bend my penis and when I have sex it bents almost in half unles I grip the end where it goes into the body.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:27 pm

Aim at pumping twice a day. It gets easier in time. With experience, you should be able to pump with two hands.

Anonymous5

Postby Anonymous5 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:26 pm

i am at week 7 post-op. At first i could not touch my balls because the hurt to bad. I was having a hard time getting the first good pump going. I realized about 2 weeks ago that i was not fully deflated. I started using a small hand towel and wrapping it around the shaft then squeezing pretty good. That made a huge difference for me. The pump instantly got easier to use. I also sometimes hit the deflate button 1 more time right before inflating, not sure that does anything but i am working pretty good now so it does get easier. In my case it took me getting really deflated and the pump got easier.
56 yr old-pc 2010 robotically removed mayo phoenix. Peyronie's with over 90 degree curve with mild ED. Trial and error until becoming bionic June 8, 2015 @University of Washington Med. Grafting to correct Peyronie's and implant done in one surgery.

SR68GTO

Postby SR68GTO » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:32 pm

Well, I sent an email to my Doc regarding the plyers and maybe light use of a VED to help expand things. His response was "absolutely not"! He said no VED or plyers. He said to ask my wife to help with the pump.

Slayer1962

Postby Slayer1962 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:43 pm

It took 3 weeks of pumping but now I can pump with one hand. I have even pumped when inside!

Return to “Implants”