unc culley carson IS AMS CX USED ANYMORE

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rdhill

unc culley carson IS AMS CX USED ANYMORE

Postby rdhill » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:51 pm

is anyone familiar w/ him and knows what equipment is used? DOES HE USE THE CX or LGX?

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Re: unc culley carson IS AMS CX USED ANYMORE

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:44 pm

Dr. Carson uses both AMS and Coloplast. He is very skilled in implant work. He will decide the best implant for you based on all the variables involved in each patient. He is very highly recommended by both companies. According to them, He performs many of these each year - with good results.
Paul

Charlie999

Postby Charlie999 » Wed May 21, 2014 10:24 am

I am looking for implant dr. Can you give location of dr Carson?

Thanks much,

Charlie
85 married 36 yrs. implanted by Dr. Paul Perito June 14. Complete revision by Dr. Ralphael Carrion May 17 because of leaking Coloplast.

jryancey44

Postby jryancey44 » Wed May 21, 2014 4:04 pm

Yes he is at UNC Hospital in Chapel Hill NC. My dr is Aaron Lentz at Duke Hospital in Raleigh NC I can highly recommend him if you want to chat my e-mail is jim27601@yahoo.co ask for my number. I had a Titian implanted last DEC and love it! My dr also does both and does 100-125 a year.

Jim

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Thu May 29, 2014 1:47 pm

rdhill wrote:is anyone familiar w/ him and knows what equipment is used? DOES HE USE THE CX or LGX?

Dr. Carson has the reputation of being amongst the very best IPP doctors. What many people here probably don't realize is that there are plenty of doctors who can do a normal IPP surgery with outstanding results on a 1st time implant patient. The real skill comes in when FIXING someone who has unusual needs. I've had 7 implants in 2 years. Mine would have been perfect the first time out of the gate, but my doctor botched it up. I then spent the next 9 surgeries trying get repaired. I couldn't afford Dr. Carson but I'm told he would be the man for the job. I'm stuck with VA care so my choices are severely limited. I finally got an implant that is usable, but FAR less than ideal. But hey! I'm having sex. I'm pretty confident that if I could have had any 1 of my surgeries by Dr. Carson, that would have been a permanent fix. I tried but he wanted $10,000 above what the VA was willing to pay so I got shipped of to Birmingham AL, VA and Dr. Mulcahy gave me an AMS CXR procedure.

I'm not particularly happy with the outcome because I ended up losing 2 1/2" through the ordeal, and the implant I currently have is WAY to small. I'm going to rock this thing a couple of years, and see if I can find a way to see DR. Carson, Dr. Milam or Dr. Eid. These 3 are the goto guys. If you can have your implant procedure performed by Dr. Carson, don't hesitate. He will use the implant the he feels is best for your particular needs. Good Luck.
harddrive

billylee

Postby billylee » Thu May 29, 2014 4:40 pm

Hard Drive,
I suggest Allen Morey might be added to list of a surgeon who might be outstanding in the field of penal repair. It is my understanding that what led him into the IPP field was the fact that he specialized in penal repair/surgery to our brave military who may have sacrificed with this type injury. b
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

Return to “Implants”