Simply cannot pump today

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
subhash

Simply cannot pump today

Postby subhash » Sat May 11, 2024 2:33 pm

My pump has been giving problems for a very long time but every time I succeeded in pumping after several attempts. I do try all the tricks in the book and all the tricks I've learned on FT and after about 30 minutes of trying I finally did manage to always get it up again.

However today since morning I have tried at least a hundred times and I've exhausted every single thing I have ever read on FT
and elsewhere but I simply cannot get the pop sound. However every time I press the deflate button invariably the bulb fills up again so I think I do not need a replacement but I'm unable to burp the bulb. I really do not know what to do. My doctor is in another country and I need to use the implant.
Any help anybody please
Implanted AMS 700 LGX 15 + 4 RTE penoscrotal incision, 65 cc reservoir ;

wilsonmill

Re: Simply cannot pump today

Postby wilsonmill » Sat May 11, 2024 2:53 pm

Does the bulb fill back up after you have squeezed it or does it remain flat until you depress the button?
Age 63, diabetic , heart disease, Married 20 years, Titan implant 27Feb2019, Duke Medical Hospital, Dr Lentz

doctuth

Postby doctuth » Sat May 11, 2024 4:06 pm

subhash wrote:My pump has been giving problems for a very long time but every time I succeeded in pumping after several attempts. I do try all the tricks in the book and all the tricks I've learned on FT and after about 30 minutes of trying I finally did manage to always get it up again.

However today since morning I have tried at least a hundred times and I've exhausted every single thing I have ever read on FT
and elsewhere but I simply cannot get the pop sound. However every time I press the deflate button invariably the bulb fills up again so I think I do not need a replacement but I'm unable to burp the bulb. I really do not know what to do. My doctor is in another country and I need to use the implant.
Any help anybody please

If you can eventually get it pumped up, when you deflate give it a least one good pump. This resets the valve and makes it easier to pump the next time. Be sure to cycle daily to keep the valve lubricated. If you don't do this for a long period, this can cause the problem you describe

doctuth.

subhash

Postby subhash » Sat May 11, 2024 4:49 pm

wilsonmill wrote:Does the bulb fill back up after you have squeezed it or does it remain flat until you depress the button?

It remains flat until I depress the button . What does that signify?

subhash

Postby subhash » Sat May 11, 2024 4:51 pm

doctuth wrote:
subhash wrote:My pump has been giving problems for a very long time but every time I succeeded in pumping after several attempts. I do try all the tricks in the book and all the tricks I've learned on FT and after about 30 minutes of trying I finally did manage to always get it up again.

Any help anybody please

If you can eventually get it pumped up, when you deflate give it a least one good pump. This resets the valve and makes it easier to pump the next time. Be sure to cycle daily to keep the valve lubricated. If you don't do this for a long period, this can cause the problem you describe

doctuth.

I most certainly will. Still trying to get it pumped up

wilsonmill

Postby wilsonmill » Sat May 11, 2024 5:07 pm

If the pump is easier and get a few squeezes then goes flat, then you depress the vale and refills it may have a rupture somewhere, I could pump my titan about 5 times and then remain flat until I depress the valve, that was 2 months ago, now I get between 1 and 2 pumps, we have tubing rupture and I have to go back for a revision, hope you figure yours out
Age 63, diabetic , heart disease, Married 20 years, Titan implant 27Feb2019, Duke Medical Hospital, Dr Lentz

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat May 11, 2024 9:44 pm

These are all signs of a sticky pump. The devices are made tight to last a long time. So with the tight tolerances every so often you will get one that is on the bit over tight side of things. Heat is the best help for this. I used a heating pad for my sticky pump and it worked great. I had the heating pad plugged in and in my bed and before going to bed at night would turn it on. Then get in the bed and place it over my scrotum to heat the pump for a while then make sure you do the first pump very fast and strong. My none pump hand would grab and hold the 3 tubing bundle just above the pump to make sure the deflate button had no pressure on it. Just keep everything away from the deflate button so the valve will switch. Same with deflating. Keep everything away so there is no pressure on the bulb when pushing the deflate button. If you are still having trouble contact your AMS rep. If you do not have that information in your paperwork, you can contact BS through the 800 number on the web site and they will get you in touch with your rep. They have some additional fixes that are not on this site or on the DVD in the packet. It will also make a record of the trouble you are having with BS/AMS. All of this really helped me with my AMS LGX and MS pump.

A quick edit to add I would repeat the cycling in the morning by again turning on the heating pad in my bed and heating my scrotum before doing my other 2 a day cycling. After a week or two of this the pump will improve and not need to be heated. But it will make it easier heating the pump.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

subhash

Postby subhash » Sun May 12, 2024 11:57 am

[quote="newbie443"]These are all signs of a sticky pump. The devices are made tight to last a long time. So with the tight tolerances every so often you will get one that is on the bit over tight side of things. Heat is the best help for this. I used a heating pad for my sticky pump and it worked great. I had the heating pad plugged in and in my bed and before going to bed at night would turn it on. Then get in the bed and place it over my scrotum to heat the pump for a while then make sure you do the first pump very fast and strong. My none pump hand would grab and hold the 3 tubing bundle just above the pump to make sure the deflate button had no pressure on it. Just keep everything away from the deflate button so the valve will switch. Same with deflating. Keep everything away so there is no pressure on the bulb when pushing the deflate button. If you are still having trouble contact your AMS rep. If you do not have that information in your paperwork, you can contact BS through the 800 number on the web site and they will get you in touch with your rep. They have some additional fixes that are not on this site or on the DVD in the packet. It will also make a record of the trouble you are having with BS/AMS. All of this really helped me with my AMS LGX and MS pump.

A quick edit to add I would repeat the cycling in the morning by again turning on the heating pad in my bed and heating my scrotum before doing my other 2 a day cycling. After a week or two of this the pump will improve and not need to be heated. But it will make it easier heating the pump.[/qu

Good news....I did use a hot water bag on the scrotum for 2 rounds. I also struggled thru the reset procedure.
Couple of other things and lo and behold, was able to get the erection....but lots of struggle.
Thank you, Newbie and all

Bigdog4all

Postby Bigdog4all » Sun May 12, 2024 3:23 pm

subhash wrote:
newbie443 wrote:These are all signs of a sticky pump. The devices are made tight to last a long time. So with the tight tolerances every so often you will get one that is on the bit over tight side of things. Heat is the best help for this. I used a heating pad for my sticky pump and it worked great. I had the heating pad plugged in and in my bed and before going to bed at night would turn it on. Then get in the bed and place it over my scrotum to heat the pump for a while then make sure you do the first pump very fast and strong. My none pump hand would grab and hold the 3 tubing bundle just above the pump to make sure the deflate button had no pressure on it. Just keep everything away from the deflate button so the valve will switch. Same with deflating. Keep everything away so there is no pressure on the bulb when pushing the deflate button. If you are still having trouble contact your AMS rep. If you do not have that information in your paperwork, you can contact BS through the 800 number on the web site and they will get you in touch with your rep. They have some additional fixes that are not on this site or on the DVD in the packet. It will also make a record of the trouble you are having with BS/AMS. All of this really helped me with my AMS LGX and MS pump.

A quick edit to add I would repeat the cycling in the morning by again turning on the heating pad in my bed and heating my scrotum before doing my other 2 a day cycling. After a week or two of this the pump will improve and not need to be heated. But it will make it easier heating the pump.[/qu

Good news....I did use a hot water bag on the scrotum for 2 rounds. I also struggled thru the reset procedure.
Couple of other things and lo and behold, was able to get the erection....but lots of struggle.
Thank you, Newbie and all

Thank you for this information. I will try to contact the rep. My bulb/pump is still frozen after 3 months. I can not pump/ cycle/deflate. That bulb/ pump is hard as a stone or rock. Nothing will make the bulb pump. As I have said, I think I might need to use channel vise grips. I do not have any hand/finger/ or arm muscle issues. My pump bulb is frozen solid. I would have stayed with the VED, if I had know these issues. At least with the VED, it was usable - mechanical - yes, but usable. With this Implant, I have nothing and nothing to return too. If I could have this thing removed, and return to the VED, I would do it in a heart beat. None of this Implant was worth it. But at least I can say, I tried it. So for anyone thinking of this Implant.....THINK ABOUT IT. The overall process was rated a 9= 10. But the pump / cycle / deflate is rated a 0 (ZERO).
72, AMS 700 LGX. Married to an Angel. Discovered ED at 67. Path = Diabetic, Supplements, Pills, Needle, Pump, and finally AMS 700 (2-8-24).

Return to “Implants”