couple questions, stretch test, revisions, weightlifting, underwear, etc

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
tuberculosis

couple questions, stretch test, revisions, weightlifting, underwear, etc

Postby tuberculosis » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:50 pm

Hello, first of all please forgive me for my English. Can you please help me understand some questions about inflatable implants?

Context: I am a 27-year-old who has been suffering from erectile dysfunction my whole adult life. The reasons are unknown and I am unable to reach and maintain a full potential erection. Pills and injections work for achieving an erection, but I am unable to keep it.

Questions:

1. How does the stretch test work? Does it really predict the maximum size after implant? I have noticed that my maximum stretched length is 3-4 cm shorter than the maximum erection. What measurement should I use as a predicted reference?

2. Revisions: Since I am relatively young for an implant, I anticipate multiple revisions throughout my lifespan. Does every new revision come with a higher chance of complication and higher damage to the penis? Does the size lost accumulate with each new revision?

3. Living an active life: How does the implant affect the way of living an active life? Are there any limitations? How is it with lifting heavy weights (e.g., lifting 200+ kg for compound exercises)? Will weightlifting for example heavy squads, damage the implant or its reservoir?

4. Steroids: Are there any contraindications with a penile implant when on steroids? And no, I don't have erectile dysfunction because of steroid use; I have had ED long before I started abusing steroids.

5. Job limitations: Are there any limitations in regards to career opportunities? For example, if I decide to join the military, will I be disqualified because of the implant?

6. Invisibility in underwear: How does the implant look when wearing underwear or swimming shorts? Do you feel uncomfortable wearing it in public?

7. Implant vs. injection:
a) Comfort: Is having an implant more comfortable than injecting yourself?
b) Maximum size: Potentially, how does the maximum size achieved with an implant compare to the maximum size on an injection?

8. How long does it take for the size to return to the pre-op (pre-ED) maximum?

Thank you for your answers to these exhausting questions.

youngman1

Re: couple questions, stretch test, revisions, weightlifting, underwear, etc

Postby youngman1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:54 pm

I’m a young guy with ed aswell. Look into the malleable implant. The inflatable doesn’t as long you’ll have to keep getting a revision every 6/7 years and with each revision there’s a higher risk of infection. You only get one penis my friend. There’s a couple guys on here who have posted their stories and seem very happy with the malleable.

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:32 pm

I have had the Rigicon since 6-2023 .. have never had a IPP to compare it to .. it was almost painless .. after 3 months or so you don't even notice it ..

Ruktitan

Postby Ruktitan » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:14 am

tuberculosis wrote:Hello, first of all please forgive me for my English. Can you please help me understand some questions about inflatable implants?

Context: I am a 27-year-old who has been suffering from erectile dysfunction my whole adult life. The reasons are unknown and I am unable to reach and maintain a full potential erection. Pills and injections work for achieving an erection, but I am unable to keep it.

This sounds the same as me. I wish I looked into pelvic floor therapy as I always felt the reason I lost my erection was happening in my perenium. Botox supposedly is being used now to relax the muscles around some of the veins and arteries. Please look into this first. I was your age when I got my first implant and there's no turning back.

Questions:

1. How does the stretch test work? Does it really predict the maximum size after implant? I have noticed that my maximum stretched length is 3-4 cm shorter than the maximum erection. What measurement should I use as a predicted reference?

Stretch test will show you how long the implant can be. The glans/head of the penis is separate and when that gets an erection it adds significant size. So it's whatever your stretch test is + glans erection.

2. Revisions: Since I am relatively young for an implant, I anticipate multiple revisions throughout my lifespan. Does every new revision come with a higher chance of complication and higher damage to the penis? Does the size lost accumulate with each new revision?

I've had 3 titans all undersized by surgeons and finally fitted with a rigicon recently. You will have to have revisions but I've only noticed improvements every operation. Recovery is so much easier too.

3. Living an active life: How does the implant affect the way of living an active life? Are there any limitations? How is it with lifting heavy weights (e.g., lifting 200+ kg for compound exercises)? Will weightlifting for example heavy squads, damage the implant or its reservoir?

No problem with weight lifting/bodybuilding. Only immediately post op you should not do heavy lifting to allow things to heal.

4. Steroids: Are there any contraindications with a penile implant when on steroids? And no, I don't have erectile dysfunction because of steroid use; I have had ED long before I started abusing steroids.

None. If anything it helps when your libido is gone. You can still perform.

5. Job limitations: Are there any limitations in regards to career opportunities? For example, if I decide to join the military, will I be disqualified because of the implant?

I can't say on this.

6. Invisibility in underwear: How does the implant look when wearing underwear or swimming shorts? Do you feel uncomfortable wearing it in public?

It's a noticeable bulge in underwear. Depending on your size it never fully goes flacid. You always have the empty cylinders in there. I quite like it but I do have to adjust myself often. No one has ever commented.

b) Maximum size: Potentially, how does the maximum size achieved with an implant compare to the maximum size on an injection?

It should be about the same if done correctly.

It depends. I really wouldn't worry about this. You either can't get an erection or you can. If you can't then treat it. If you can then enjoy it and look for therapies to improve it as there may be some new technology or treatment coming soon. There's no reversal.

29 years old. Suffered with ED since 17. No known cause. First Implanted date 23/3/2018. Cylinders way too short and revised by different surgeon 2019. 22cm titan.
Cylinders still short and now pump is upside down and protruding. Awaiting 3rd revision

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:00 pm

tuberculosis wrote:Hello, first of all please forgive me for my English. Can you please help me understand some questions about inflatable implants?

Questions:

The top surgeons all comment that a stretch test is totally meaningless! During an IPP surgery they stretch you to your max and measure the cavernosa inside your body as far as they can stretch it. One reason you want to use a qualified surgeon .

The risk of infection is in the very low single digets and of course increases a little maybe by 1% or so. Another reason to use a work class Dr. most revisions get 2cms of increase if it’s been a few years. If properly done you shouldn’t lose any length. Might lose a little immediately after surgery but should return with cycling over a few months.

If properly installed you should have little or no issues if you give it time to heal after surgery. Your Dr will recommend how long this should be for whatever particular exercises your doing. I’m a maintenance mechanic and work on some heavy equipment and use a lot of heavy duty tools and have no issues at all.

No idea on this one. Good question for your Dr
Should be no issues here at all.it would be an invasion of privacy for them to even know you have one and discriminatory if they did know and used that for a cause to not hire you.
It takes a few months to be comfortable and you will definitely be a shower after implant. It takes several months to get used to your new package.
Definitely better in terms of pumping it up opposed to injecting. No more carrying needles or having to go inject and when your done simply push the release and it goes away.
After a few months I achieved an equal sized erection as any I ever had with injections. Beauty of implant is it’s totally adjustable to however hard you want it. And when your done it can be deflated at your wish.

Initial I was about an inch short by 4-6 months about 1/4 inch short and by 8-10 months was back to original
Go to Peritos websight and watch the series”Meet the penis” you’ll be well informed on these and many more questions you’ve never even thought of.
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:29 pm

Forget the stretch test. The surgeon doesn't use it to size you.

Use a VED every day before surgery and you should lose no size with a good doc, and no Peyronies.

I'd get the IPP now and if you decide the malleable is best, change to it later.

Just my recommendations obviously, but I think about what I could have done with this when younger.
I do all right as it is though.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “Implants”