30 year old - implant journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SWorks17

Re: 30 year old - implant journal

Postby SWorks17 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:41 am

johndoe365 wrote:Hey all im in the revovery room.
Surgery went well.
I have a question about icing...
How long and how frequently did u ice ur balls?
Was it 20 min periods, 3-4 times a day?

I used those gel ice packs instead of ice in a bag.
I would also wrap the gel pack in a face towel to keep it from getting too cold.
I can’t remember how often I used them during the day, but a lot.
I would use Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen combo pills for the pain the first week and after that Tylenol and Motrin would work. Hang in there it gets better.

Good Luck,
S-Works
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

1380anthony

Postby 1380anthony » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:59 am

johndoe365 wrote:Hey guys,

Thanks for answering all the questions to my previous topics. I'm gonna start a journal of how my recovery goes.

Background: I'm a healthy fit 30 year old. I am still a virgin due to severe ED. I went around my 20s avoiding sex and coming up with excuses. I wake up one day and a decade has flown by without addressing my issue. Never had morning woods or random boners. Pills and injections never worked on me, even super high doses. Finally got a doppler and I had a severe venous leak.

I'm getting implanted tomorrow morning Nov 1, AMS LGX. Surgeon is Dr. Marois in Montreal.
I am surprisingly not scared or nervous one bit. Just want to get this over with and join the brotherhood.

I'll post an update post op.

Cheers

Wishing you the best!!!

Why did you or the surgeon preferred the AMS700 LGX?

johndoe365

Postby johndoe365 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:52 pm

SWorks17 wrote:
Surgery went well.

I used those gel ice packs instead of ice in a bag.
I would also wrap the gel pack in a face towel to keep it from getting too cold.
I can’t remember how often I used them during the day, but a lot.
I would use Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen combo pills for the pain the first week and after that Tylenol and Motrin would work. Hang in there it gets better.

Good Luck,
S-Works

Were your nuts swollen and blue as well??
Implanted Nov 1 2023. Penoscrotal. Ams 700 LGX. 100 CC reservoir.
Left side: 21 cm + 1 cm RTE = 22cm
Right side: 21 cm + 2cm RTE = 23cm

johndoe365

Postby johndoe365 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:53 pm

1380anthony wrote:

Thanks for answering all the questions to my previous topics. I'm gonna start a journal of how my recovery goes.

Background: I'm a healthy fit 30 year old. I am still a virgin due to severe ED. I went around my 20s avoiding sex and coming up with excuses. I wake up one day and a decade has flown by without addressing my issue. Never had morning woods or random boners. Pills and injections never worked on me, even super high doses. Finally got a doppler and I had a severe venous leak.

I'm getting implanted tomorrow morning Nov 1, AMS LGX. Surgeon is Dr. Marois in Montreal.
I am surprisingly not scared or nervous one bit. Just want to get this over with and join the brotherhood.

Cheers

Wishing you the best!!!

My surgeon said he only does AMS implants and for young guys he puts LGX, since our tissue is younger it can handle the length and girth expansion of the LGX

Hillywilly

Postby Hillywilly » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:25 pm

johndoe365 wrote:
1380anthony wrote:

Cheers

Wishing you the best!!!

My surgeon said he only does AMS implants and for young guys he puts LGX, since our tissue is younger it can handle the length and girth expansion of the LGX

Congrats on going through with the surgery. Yes, Scrotal swelling is pretty common stay in close contact with your medical team for the early recovery and don't be afraid to ask them question and voice your concerns and pain management needs.
33 HG deformity now Titan OTR 24cm XL + 1 cm RTE's Length 7.25in/ Girth 6in (midshaft) Dr. Hakky 4/4/23

HappyAgain

Postby HappyAgain » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:48 pm

Surgery went well.

Use frozen peas or corn. It will go where common ice packs won’t. Ice is your friend right now and bon chance mon ami, je suis née a Montreal.

johndoe365

Postby johndoe365 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:45 am

I'm finally feeling more like myself so here goes my journal.
Day 1 - surgery:
The surgery itself wasn't bad at all (penoscrotal with a spinal block anesthesia). That was the easiest part. They make you change into a gown and wait until its your turn to go in. I walked into the surgery room, met the team, and it was go go go from there. They stuck one needle in my arm for IV, didnt feel it. Then they made me sit up and bend over / hug my pillow so they can do the spinal block anesthesia. They first injected the area with some numbing medication so I barely felt anything. Next thing I know my legs were numb / paralyzed then they sedated me with some other drug and I woke up 2 hrs later in the recovery feeling 100% fine and normal.
Over the next 2 hrs my pain started to shoot up as the anesthesia was wearing off. They left a catheter in me which was honestly the most painful part. It took me 6 hours to regain full feeling and control in my legs and i was discharged from the hosptial. I had a friend pick me up. And I had a catheter bag I had to hold in my hand and take home with me.
Day 1 - night:
The pain from my catheter was very painful I'd say 6-7/10. I was prescribed 3 different pain killers, I would take all 3 and tylenol extra strength and still the pain wouldnt go away. My balls also were swollen up like a grapefruit. I didnt sleep that night till 4am when finally my balls started to shrink from all the icing. I also couldn't take very deep breaths as I could feel pain where they put the resrevoir.
Day 2:
Morning, I go to the urologists office to get the catheter removed. Holy fuck that sucks. I was scared to drink water because I didnt want to pee.
When I got back home I felt 100x better than the day before. I was no longer in pain (thanks to the catheter removal). I was just chilling in bed all day and icing my nuts. I don't do 20 mins on and off. I literally just keep a bag of frozen pees on my junk/nuts 24/7.
I can take deep breathes and dont feel the reservoir pain. But getting up and moving around i def feel the reservoir pain. My nuts are also swollen so moving or sitting is a bitch. Im mostly laying flat or reclined. I took a pic of my nuts and they were all blue.
At night I took my first piss, felt like i was peeing out razor blades and fire and lots of blood came out. No steady stream of urine. It was like little spurts that would aim everywhere except straight.
At night I slept like a baby. Again im in no pain. Just discomfort from swollen balls and resrvoir.
Day 3:
Still feeling great so far. Took my first shower this morning which felt good. I am feeling more like myself then these past 2 days. Nuts are still swollen so again, just laying down all day and constant icing. My pee this morning hurt significantly less than it did last night. I had a steady stream for over 1 minute and no blood! So I assume my bladders all good now. Still havent taken my first shit and I am not looking forward to that with my swollen balls. My balls without icing, like when I first wake up in the morning is the size of a grapefruit. When I ice all day they shrink to a size where they can actually fit in my hand. My nuts arent blue today they went back to their normal colour.

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:59 pm

I iced from my taint to the tip and from my pubis to the tip for about a week, 24/7. I purchased some of those long refillable ice bags (they gave me one at the hospital) and could stand that up between my legs to the tip, and then added another bag of ice on the 'top' of my penis and wrapped the whole thing with velcro gauze. It was like a penis hoagie with a little bit of sausage poking out the top.

I'm VERY happy Dr. Clavell does not routinely use catheters, from what I've read here on FT that seems to be a common pain point.

Good luck, it all gets better from here!
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:06 pm

Thanks for the update Johndoe, you’re bringing back lots of memories of my journey through those early days.
All of us heal different, so hopefully you will heal quick.

Hang in there, we’re here for you.

S-Works
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

johndoe365

Postby johndoe365 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:36 pm

Jage64 wrote:I iced from my taint to the tip and from my pubis to the tip for about a week, 24/7. I purchased some of those long refillable ice bags (they gave me one at the hospital) and could stand that up between my legs to the tip, and then added another bag of ice on the 'top' of my penis and wrapped the whole thing with velcro gauze. It was like a penis hoagie with a little bit of sausage poking out the top.

I'm VERY happy Dr. Clavell does not routinely use catheters, from what I've read here on FT that seems to be a common pain point.

Good luck, it all gets better from here!
SWorks17 wrote:Thanks for the update Johndoe, you’re bringing back lots of memories of my journey through those early days.
All of us heal different, so hopefully you will heal quick.

Hang in there, we’re here for you.

S-Works

So its 2.5 days post op and i havent had to poop yet. Did ur doctors give u any meds for this?
Im in no pain now but im scared if i get constipated in the future

Return to “Implants”